Fumbleweed

**Round Seven-Ten Commentary**

The middle of the draft is upon us. Six rounds precede Round Seven and six rounds are still ahead after Round Ten. Important picks these are. 

I would have been willing to put $1000 down on Hawkeye taking Kittle at the turn. If only... 

Absolutely loved Ray's pick of Swift. Wasn't as high on Brooks as he was and as such, I think Swift will end up being his most productive back by far if he can stay healthy. Considered Swift where I took Aaron Jones. Big time value at this point in the draft. 

I considered Kittle a few rounds back but went with Andrews, since I already had a 49er on my lineup.

I really wanted to pull the trigger on another WR here in rd 7 but couldn't get past his QB situation and shied away.

I really like what Brown might bring to this offense, and it's nice that Mahomes is guiding the ship.

Oops, I did it again…..

considered another veteran WR here but F it. Upside pick again :)

as for Kincaid in round 6, I had three tight ends I was okay with and considered picking my receiver there with the mindset that Hawk and Ray would both grab one and I’d get the leftover guy… but then I decided I’d much rather Kincaid than Pitts 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

Oops, I did it again…..

considered another veteran WR here but F it. Upside pick again :)

as for Kincaid in round 6, I had three tight ends I was okay with and considered picking my receiver there with the mindset that Hawk and Ray would both grab one and I’d get the leftover guy… but then I decided I’d much rather Kincaid than Pitts 

This is the receiver I just mentioned above.

5 minutes ago, remote controller said:

This is the receiver I just mentioned above.

I figured. The QB is a concern but I think the volume will be there based on talent and draft capital and lack of other options. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

I figured. The QB is a concern but I think the volume will be there based on talent and draft capital and lack of other options. 

Hopefully the injury to the other wr today isn't bad.

Nabers…..best WR available IMHO. Great pick.

44 minutes ago, robb said:

Nabers…..best WR available IMHO. Great pick.

I was very close to taking Nabers over Dell.

We're at a good stopping point for now, but I have texted Dan to let him know he's on the clock. He indicated earlier today that he would attempt to make these picks himself, so I think we can give him the rest of the day to do that. That said, if he makes them sooner than that, I will be able to make another pick later today/tonight and we can then advance further in the eighth round as folks are able. 

Godwin was the vet I was contemplating with Nabers 

nice pick fumble. I like that he should be moving back to the slot more and hopefully positive TD regression 

Having Evans already, I wasn't gonna take him.  Godwin seems to always last too long in all drafts offering great value.  I knew he wasn't long for the board.

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Godwin was the vet I was contemplating with Nabers 

nice pick fumble. I like that he should be moving back to the slot more and hopefully positive TD regression 

I wouldn't want Godwin as my WR2. I think he's a good fit on any team, though, for WR3 status. 

29 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

@Dan, Reed went at 5.04

Yup. Fixed. 

I sent my 8.04 pick to Mike and Kirk. Should be done climbing by my 9.09 pick.

I am attending a funeral this morning, sent Fumble my list via email

That Love pick is SOOOO good. I was torn between Watson and him at 8.02 even though I already had one QB. What a steal. 

• Thanks 1

Since I posted it in the wrong thread: 

Plenty of quality QBs this year. I probably could have waited for the next turn and still gotten a QB1 I was good with, but Love's been hanging around for a while, and the RB situation is at the point where it's pretty lackluster.

• Like 1

Pollard was a disappointment last season but the Titans gave him decent money (top 10 RB) so I'm thinking the volume will be there this year. I don't hate it as an RB3 at this stage. 

This is always the hardest part of the draft for me but can be the most important.  Time to add depth to the roster.  Warren has proven himself to be a viable back and I expect him to offer good value this season.  My second pick took a bit more thinking.  I decided on Worthy mostly as a lottery ticket.  He offers a lot of potential big games with his speed and Mahomes throwing to him.

I did not expect to go RB/RB on this turn, but it seems like the value is there over the WR situation.  My RB2 is also a committee back.  Looking over the rosters, there is a much bigger need for Rb's, and I expect to see these teams fielding their RB3's.  Devin has the job to himself and is capable both as a rusher and a receiver..  He had 1200 yards from scrimmage for Houston with 30 receptions last year.

2 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Fumble has a list???

That was for his pick in the 8th.

2 hours ago, remote controller said:

I did not expect to go RB/RB on this turn, but it seems like the value is there over the WR situation.  My RB2 is also a committee back.  Looking over the rosters, there is a much bigger need for Rb's, and I expect to see these teams fielding their RB3's.  Devin has the job to himself and is capable both as a rusher and a receiver..  He had 1200 yards from scrimmage for Houston with 30 receptions last year.

I thought about taking Singletary but decided on Warren.  I just think Warren is on the better team and will have more opportunities to score.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I thought about taking Singletary but decided on Warren.  I just think Warren is on the better team and will have more opportunities to score.

definitely a better team.........now if that translates into more opportunities when split between two players????

meh, its day 4 and we are in round 9. Been moving very fast.

I may leave a list with Fumble, but I think we are good.

I was really only considering Williams when I took Pollard... but I assumed Singletary and Warren would be off the board shortly after. Not big on Singletary. I think he was just meh as part of a pretty good offense in 2023 with better QB play and better overall weapons in the receiving game than he will benefit from this season.  But as an RB4, no argument here. 

They really under utilized him a s a receiver out of the back field in Houston.  He consistently caught 50+ passes in Buffalo.  

Being the last team to pick a QB, there is always the temptation to keep waiting.  Jayden Daniels is someone I would love to pair as a drafted QB2 (possible QB1) after waiting a bit and picking a Jordan Love type (similar to the IBL year where a bunch of us waited and drafted Peyton Manning and RG3).... So I didn't feel comfortable waiting, just in case someone views him similarly. 

Ideally he would be my 2nd QB drafted and he may very well be my "backup" drafted before my technical starter

@ICEMAN    about 5 picks before it's on you

6 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

@ICEMAN    about 5 picks before it's on you

Yep. It’s Worm’s pick. 

unless  that was a proxy pick for Worms, which crossed my mind, but Ice didn't say anything.