Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Marvin Harrison Jr.

His early ADP currently has him as the #10 WR in ppr and #18 overall. I'm not sure this makes sense as Kyler Murray ADP is #10 QB, and #67 overall. So, MH is round #2 and Murray in round six? 

I like the kid but not ready to take him as my second WR in ppr. After the Bijon Robinson hype last season, I'm a little leery. 

Anyone planning on taking him with your second pick?

In my 14 team non ppr, if I go rb/rb, Harrison might be my wr1 in the 3rd.  

56 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

His early ADP currently has him as the #10 WR in ppr and #18 overall. I'm not sure this makes sense as Kyler Murray ADP is #10 QB, and #67 overall. So, MH is round #2 and Murray in round six? 

I like the kid but not ready to take him as my second WR in ppr. After the Bijon Robinson hype last season, I'm a little leery. 

Anyone planning on taking him with your second pick?

second pick?  probably not.

but Kyler Murray is a good QB (or he was before the injury) 

and I suspect he will be good again.    but there are enough risk factors with Murray and the fact hes a rookie where I dont know that I'd be comfortable with him as a 2nd round pick for me.  I think the talent is there and its certainly possible he could deliver value for the pick if things fall right.

but if Murray has another injury and sits more than 3 or 4 games, the kid will be a bad pick at that point in the draft.   I can guarantee that.  and thats not even taking the rookie factor into account.

its a legitimate concern.

No chance. Overated, especially at that price. Let the boobs take him as their WR1...

and if I'm not mistaken you're a giants fan are you not?

if this is coming from a Giants Homer, I am not inclined to disagree.

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

and if I'm not mistaken you're a giants fan are you not?

if this is coming from a Giants Homer, I am not inclined to disagree.

Think your mixing up Harrison with Nabers...

6 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Think your mixing up Harrison with Nabers...

Think he meant Arizona is your division rival.

As a Dolphin fan, I don't care how the Cards do. I won't be drafting a rookie Wr on a bad Cards team led by a mediocre qb, with my 2nd pick. If he proves me wrong, so be it. I can live with that.

58 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

As a Dolphin fan, I don't care how the Cards do. I won't be drafting a rookie Wr on a bad Cards team led by a mediocre qb, with my 2nd pick. If he proves me wrong, so be it. I can live with that.

agreed, except Arizona is not in the NFC East...

10 minutes ago, jrokh said:

agreed, except Arizona is not in the NFC East...

Pre-2002 division rival.  :)

I love him. I think he is just what they needed. That being said there is zero chance that I am taking him that early. Could he perform to that level? Yes. WILL he? Probably not. He would need to put up really great numbers and are the cards going to be able to support great numbers? Had they kept Brown I think they could have. Expecting him to be the man right off the rip with defenses likely keying in on him is probably not realistic 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

no he was right.  I got my threads mixed up.  chatting on too many at once and busy at work and didnt take the time to make sure I wasnt embarrassing myself.   

Jrokh was correct.  I goofed.

and unlike some people I can admit when I goof.    dont hold it against me haha

#10 is crazy. You’re basically paying for best case scenario there. Rookie WR on an iffy team with a question mark at QB, if he finishes #10 that would be amazing 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

#10 is crazy. You’re basically paying for best case scenario there. Rookie WR on an iffy team with a question mark at QB, if he finishes #10 that would be amazing 

Top 15? 20?  

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Top 15? 20?  

I’d put him around 16-20

Currently non ppr I have him at 14.  

53 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I’d put him around 16-20

I'm leaning towards the 20 mark.    I have him as a low end to mid range WR2.    certainly hes one of those guys where if you look at end of year he could be anywhere between a WR4(worst case) and low to mid range WR1 (best case).   and you should never draft that close to the best case scenario unless the low end of the spectrum is close to where the best case is.    That is a situation that almost never happens with rookies.

if he blows the  doors off in camp I may bump him up a couple spots but that 18-20 range feels like its pretty close.    That said, sometimes your rankings go a bit different once you get deeper into them but right now this is where I am at.

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

I don't think it's crazy at all. Harrison is probably the best WR ever coming out of college, if not damn close. 

Why would you be shocked by a top 10 finish? I think it's more likely than not. 

32 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I don't think it's crazy at all. Harrison is probably the best WR ever coming out of college, if not damn close. 

oh yeah, and what do you think the odds are that Kyler Murray is healthy all year?

is that factored into your rankings?   for the record, that would be part of the worst case scenario for him

17 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yeah, and what do you think the odds are that Kyler Murray is healthy all year

These are projections. We can't predict the future, how do we know? 

Are you projecting Burrow/Chase? Because I'm way more worried about Burrow/Chase. 

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I bet you rome odunze has a better year as the 3rd option in the bears stacked offense than harrison does in the cards not great offense Defenses are just going to roll coverage to him. If hollywood was still there I would be less worried. Asking a rookie wr to step in and become a top 10 on a still bad team is a lot.  

15 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

These are projections. We can't predict the future, how do we know? 

Are you projecting Burrow/Chase? Because I'm way more worried about Burrow/Chase. 

for WR if there is a significant risk for their starting QB to get injured I do move them down my board

Just now, Ray_T said:

for WR if there is a significant risk for their starting QB to get injured I do move them down my board

that said, if the starter isnt very good, sometimes an injury is a benefit to the WR haha

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

I bet you rome odunze has a better year as the 3rd option in the bears stacked offense than harrison does in the cards not great offense Defenses are just going to roll coverage to him. If hollywood was still there I would be less worried. Asking a rookie wr to step in and become a top 10 on a still bad team is a lot.  

Possible that C Williams has a tough season, or suffers an injury?  Might.  Volume alone gives Harrison a higher chance to have the better ff season. 

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

So where do you have Chase ranked? 

Just now, weepaws said:

Possible that C Williams has a tough season, or suffers an injury?  Might.  

He could be dogshitt. That being said he is being presented the best opportunity for a rookie qb ever. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

Possible that C Williams has a tough season, or suffers an injury?  Might.  

Non ppr based on avg without his Qb, Chase was still the Forth best wr.  

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

He could be dogshitt. That being said he is being presented the best opportunity for a rookie qb ever. 

Not based on his rookie wr.  

Just now, weepaws said:

Not based on his rookie wr.  

Based on the fact that he legit has a 3 headed beast with Allen, Moore and Odunze then a decent te in kemet

28 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Based on the fact that he legit has a 3 headed beast with Allen, Moore and Odunze then a decent te in kemet

Agreed. He has the tools to work with, going to be interesting, but I find it tough to rank those players, so many options, not sure Williams is going to be reliable season one, talking redraft only.  

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

So where do you have Chase ranked? 

Chase is actually easier to rank.   his QB missed 1/3 of the season last year.   so you know what it looks like if Burrow misses time.

while the expectation is that Burrow is healthy the same thing applies.  assuming he plays 10-12 games you project maybe a little better than last years stats(1200 yards) and assume burrow misses 2-3 games.    I actually think the fftoday estimate is close to where I'd come out.   if he and burrow are fully healthy, you could be looking at 1500 to 1600 yards.   but the fftoday estimate of just over 1300 yard is reasonable in terms of accounting for the injury risk.

so without doing a deep dive,  I'd rank him in the 5-8 range overall among WR.     of course Id refine this estimate as we get closer to the season.   I'd probably rank him close to #8 right now and move him up as the regular season approaches if it looks like both he and Burrow are looking good (and healthy).

On 6/15/2024 at 5:36 AM, Super Cubs said:

I think I'd rather have Odunze redraft, keeper, and dynasty 

That’s a rather bold statement on redraft. Odunze is behind two very good veteran receivers, they’ve also got a pretty good pass catching TE, and you’ve got the unknown of a rookie QB.

Do you think Harrison Jr sucks or that Murray will kill his value, or what?

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 8:36 AM, Super Cubs said:

I think I'd rather have Odunze redraft, keeper, and dynasty 

No 

Read that Odunze has been returning punts.  

Cards homer here.  Two things lead me to think that MHJ will NOT be a top-10 WR.

One, he is the 1B receiver IMO; McBride is 1A

Two, the Cards have made it clear that they are going to pound the ball this year.  Last year they were #2 in YPC:

https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/offense/rushing/2023/reg/all

HC Gannon wants to pound more, and they drafted a steamroller TE in the 3rd (Tip Reiman) who basically said he lives to pancake people.  Plus an OG in the 3rd.  The question being discussed locally is how good Murray can be taking snaps under center.

This is not to say that the running game can't open up the passing game, but the Cards are not building to be the "greatest show on... sod that rolls into the stadium."  

I still like MHJ, and think he will be a very good if not great WR in his career.  I may take a shot at him in my deep keeper $$$ league.  But not in the 2nd round.

5 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

One, he is the 1B receiver IMO; McBride is 1A

Jerry, I love ya but not a shot. They never had a Marvin Harrison Jr. There's no way that that McBride out produces Harrison in any way, shape or form. 

McBride is a nice TE but was uber productive because they had nothing else. Harrison is an absolute monster, he'll demand 160+ targets in year one. 

• Thanks 1

Yea , no way is McBride target one over Harrison.   They might want to run more, But game situation will change that when behind often, Harrison as a  good shot at a top ten spot.  

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Yea , no way is McBride target one over Harrison.   They might want to run more, But game situation will change that when behind often, Harrison as a  good shot at a top ten spot.  

Harrison is in that WR5 range on talent alone. 

T Benson is a rb I would target, even in a redraft, he’s a tough runner, Conner goes down, he might not get his job back.