HOOKIN' BULL

New Forum Member -- Go easy on me

I've been stalking this board for about four years. I decided to give in a go, with my not so expert opinion. Former owner of the fantasy company, Armchair Sports Group. I shut it down in the mid 90's. I ran & commissioned around 150 leagues. I then took a 24 year absence & started playing again in 2019. I only play in two leagues, a 14 team ppr, that has been together 21 years & a recent 10 team ppr. I really enjoy reading this board, and have picked up some good advise. I really respect many of your opinions, and some .... maybe not so much. Fan of UT Longhorns, Georgia Tech, & Longview Lobos (High School).

29 minutes ago, HOOKIN' BULL said:

I then took a 24 year absence & started playing again in 2019.

What brought up back into fantasy football after 24 years?

So you left when you still had to add by pen and paper and Emmitt was a twinkle in Jerry's eyes?

18 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

What brought up back into fantasy football after 24 years?

The commissioner of the 14 team knew me, and they were short one manager. He knew I had owned Armchair, and that I was heavily involved in all fantasy at one time. I thought, why not.... I'm retired and may get lucky and win a little extra money.

11 minutes ago, LaChup said:

So you left when you still had to add by pen and paper and Emmitt was a twinkle in Jerry's eyes?

You got it .... but I'm old & sometimes still add by "pencil & paper". And for the record, I'm a native Texan, but also a proud certified & registered Dallas Cowboy hater!

Cool. Hopefully, you are value added. This place needs a few more quality posters.

welcome aboard.

I'll tell you now, we wont always agree, but even if we dont agree....... if you are respectful so will I be.

best rule for the board.

have fun!

So .. I'm assuming you are in NFL FF Leagues.  What team(s) do you follow??

I like the NY Giants (NFC) and Buffalo Bills (AFC).  Grew up in Upstate NY, and went to college an hour SE of Buffalo.

57 minutes ago, Bills04 said:

So .. I'm assuming you are in NFL FF Leagues.  What team(s) do you follow??

I like the NY Giants (NFC) and Buffalo Bills (AFC).  Grew up in Upstate NY, and went to college an hour SE of Buffalo.

Thanks for the inquiry. --- Yes, I'm in a couple of NFL FF Leagues. I started playing again five years ago, after a 24 year leave of absence.

I was actually a Packers fan, as a kid, because they owned the Cowboys. Now ... my favorite team is whoever is playing against the Cowboys.🙂

I don't actually have a favorite team now. I'm have lived my entire life in the East Texas piney woods. I mainly pull for the teams that players from this area play on. Current players .... Mahomes, Trent Williams, Jamycal Hasty. Some of the former high school players that played within 50-60 miles of where I'm sitting now include Earl Campbell, Billy Sims, Adrian Peterson, Bobby Taylor, Lovie Smith, Max Mcgee (caught the 1st Super Bowl TD), Robert Newhouse, Dez Bryant, Don Meredith, Ken Houston, Larry Centers, and Your own NY Giants Yelberton Abraham (Y.A.) Tittle Jr., plus quite a few more.

The High School I root for in this area has put 47 players in the pros. That is from a city of less than 100k population, but they have been playing football for 115 years. Some of their alumni are Trent Williams, Hasty, Bobby Taylor, Chris Ivory, Josh Scobee, Malcolm Kelly, Earnest Hunter.

On 6/14/2024 at 7:38 PM, HOOKIN' BULL said:

You got it .... but I'm old & sometimes still add by "pencil & paper". And for the record, I'm a native Texan, but also a proud certified & registered Dallas Cowboy hater!

👎

On 6/15/2024 at 10:44 PM, Ray_T said:

welcome aboard.

I'll tell you now, we wont always agree, but even if we dont agree....... if you are respectful so will I be.

best rule for the board.

have fun!

Thanks, for the welcome --- That is a great rule --- I will do my best to be "the respectful Rook"🙂

Welcome!  So, what are your thoughts on Taylor Swift and the NFL?  😂

2 hours ago, JagFan said:

Welcome!  So, what are your thoughts on Taylor Swift and the NFL?  😂

well .... I'm not a Taylor Swift fan ... far from it, but my Grand-Daughter does watch the NFL now. That I do like. It doesn't really bother me when the camera shows her everytime Kelce makes a catch. It's like somebody said "I would rather the camera show her, than some guy sitting there with no shirt on, in sub-freezing temperatures".

Thanks for the welcome.

2 hours ago, HOOKIN' BULL said:

well .... I'm not a Taylor Swift fan ... far from it, but my Grand-Daughter does watch the NFL now. That I do like. It doesn't really bother me when the camera shows her everytime Kelce makes a catch. It's like somebody said "I would rather the camera show her, than some guy sitting there with no shirt on, in sub-freezing temperatures".

no doubt.   I'd look at her over a fat old guy 100% of the time.

I think its good for the game that the swifties have all become football fans.   honestly the only way for the NFL to expand the game further is to get more female viewers.

sure I guess they can expand to another city or two but at some point the talent gets diluted to a point where the quality of the pro game wills start to suffer.

this is the most logical course to growing the game.   and we will have to live with it.   the NFL isnt gonna shut this down to please a couple of trolls who hate Taylor Swift.   The ownership wants the money and if all the swifties watch the ratings are probably a point or two higher than if they dont.    thats significant in terms of the amount of cash they get for ad revenue.

Welcome, good to have someone else who once spent a draft pick Steve Young in the house!

13 hours ago, Mufaletta said:

Welcome, good to have someone else who once spent a draft pick Steve Young in the house!

Thanks for the welcome, Mufaletta. & yes ... I've definitely spent a draft pick on Steve Young before. You must be from NOLA or S. Louisiana.

On 6/24/2024 at 11:58 PM, Ray_T said:

no doubt.   I'd look at her over a fat old guy 100% of the time.

I think its good for the game that the swifties have all become football fans.   honestly the only way for the NFL to expand the game further is to get more female viewers.

sure I guess they can expand to another city or two but at some point the talent gets diluted to a point where the quality of the pro game wills start to suffer.

this is the most logical course to growing the game.   and we will have to live with it.   the NFL isnt gonna shut this down to please a couple of trolls who hate Taylor Swift.   The ownership wants the money and if all the swifties watch the ratings are probably a point or two higher than if they dont.    thats significant in terms of the amount of cash they get for ad revenue.

I think they should move MNF to the Lifetime network.

On 6/26/2024 at 6:34 PM, JagFan said:

I think they should move MNF to the Lifetime network.

then the girls could post pictures of the football players and do pretend makeovers with a computer and everyone will giggle and think its great.

OK... Two questions for you...

1: Who is the swiftest player in the NFL? (evah)
2: Pennington or Mcnair? 

Bonus question....Will Tommy Maddox ever throw for 5000 yards? 

26 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

OK... Two questions for you...

1: Who is the swiftest player in the NFL? (evah)
2: Pennington or Mcnair? 

Bonus question....Will Tommy Maddox ever throw for 5000 yards? 

1) "Bullet" Bob Hayes ..... or maybe Taylor when Kelce is chasing her around'

2) Ty to restore houses --- Steve McNair in college & NFL

Bonus) not in a season ... he's a little too old now --- but probably did for his career

Did I pass .... professor?🙂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HOOKIN' BULL said:

1) "Bullet" Bob Hayes ..... or maybe Taylor when Kelce is chasing her around'

2) Ty to restore houses --- Steve McNair in college & NFL

Bonus) not in a season ... he's a little too old now --- but probably did for his career

Did I pass .... professor?🙂

I'm no professor, those dumb ass questions were just bored (bored spelled correctly for this place)  FFtoday lore. :)

Welcome to our disfunctional land of disgruntled toys. 

May I also suggest the Geek Club for you here.  If you can wade through the endless pissy political fights there is actually some decent FF info there. 

You seem like a good man, sir.  You might want to run away from this place

3 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

I'm no professor, those dumb ass questions were just bored (bored spelled correctly for this place)  FFtoday lore. :)

Welcome to our disfunctional land of disgruntled toys. 

May I also suggest the Geek Club for you here.  If you can wade through the endless pissy political fights there is actually some decent FF info there. 

You seem like a good man, sir.  You might want to run away from this place

lol ..... does seem to get a little chippy around here sometimes. ----- I figure I shouldn't have got in the saddle ..... if I didn't want to go for the ride. ---- & thanks for the welcome!

Everyone should know that DeAngelo Montgomery was the swiftiest player ever.  It;s a shame that thread was somehow lost and apparently unable to be resurrected.