Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

Not at that ADP

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Last Year he finished 35th overall by PFF grade among all RB's. Even accounting for the terrible OL and bad Gmen offense, his grade of 70.2 isn't great.

Thank you voice of reason.

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

At this point there's clearly nothing I can say to convince anyone. The Legendary Barkley with the high-powered Eagles is just too great. But just for fun, in New York Barkley had the advantage of being on the field all the time. His snap counts last year, which is similar to the year prior:

64%, 97%, 78%, 84%, 89%, 75%, 61%, 91%, 81%, 86%, 50%, 89%, 89%, 70%.

Wanna see Swift?

29%, 75%, 54%, 63%, 62%, 57%, 68%, 70%, 65%, 64%, 64%, 42%, 51%, 59%, 57%, 47%

Sanders had similar numbers.  I can already hear yall.... "but this is Barkley and a new o-coordinator. They're going to feed him til he drops!" Really? Even though he's 27 yo with high-millage/injury history and might want to preserve for a playoff push?  There's a lot of faith going on here - stays healthy (big one), hasn't lost a step (despite metrics to contrary), catches more passes than any Rb with Hurts before, has higher snap count than any Eagles Rb in recent history, and Hurts stops getting most goal line work. You're willing to risk an early 2nd round pick on all that?

Sounds a little bit like McCaffrey going into the 2022 season,  only played in four total games 2020&2021, but going to a much better situation, and that turn out pretty good.  Barkley isn’t McCaffrey, but I’m not going to ignore the upgrade he’s receiving.  All his numbers to this point in his Career are related to him playing the gmen.   

Buy the time I have my two drafted, late August, Barkley ADP will be first rd, so yea I’ll be happy to take him in the second rd come late August.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Sounds a little bit like McCaffrey going into the 2022 season,  only played in four total games 2020&2021, but going to a much better situation, and that turn out pretty good. 

It did turn out well for McCaff. Could be argued the Niners Qb wasn't vulturing goal lines and McCaff's metrics were better coming in... but definitely similar in terms of a huge upgraded team. 

Interesting everyone is so divided on Barkley. Most fantasy players have fairly similar feelings on the high-ranked players.  Not Barkley, great value - vs- terrible pick. Not much in between. Gonna be interesting to see where the chips fall.

Sanders in 2022 had 11 rushing tds, last season Swift had 5 and 1 rec td, that’s 8.5 tds for Barkley l I’ll take that, he’s so much better than Swift or Sanders.  

20 hours ago, weepaws said:

Sanders in 2022 had 11 rushing tds, last season Swift had 5 and 1 rec td, that’s 8.5 tds for Barkley l I’ll take that, he’s so much better than Swift or Sanders.  

Barkley will have at least 12 total TDs. He'll probably have 8 on the ground and 4 receiving. However you want to slice it. 

On 6/17/2024 at 8:00 AM, wolves111 said:

Yeah, the two most mentioned come with questions for sure. Robinson shares a backfield with Algiere and Hall. I'd rather go WR then focus on the next group of RB's (Williams, Gibbs, Taylor, Barkley, Henry).

What questions does Hall come with? He proved to be completely over his rookie season injury and performed like a top 5 back (#2 overall, #6 in ppg) with no help under center. Is the question injury? If so I would say that is unfair. He seems no more likely to get hurt than any other RB in the league. CMC missed his share of games in 2020/21 and was labeled injury prone.  .... someone like Javonte Williams, who looked to have lost a step post injury, I can understand questioning something like that. 

Nothing wrong with preferring to go WR, I'm just curious what people think the questions are surrounding Hall, specifically. 

If you pass on Hall or Robinson with the intent to focus on the next group of RB's, a good amount of the names you listed will not be there for you, imho.  

On 6/20/2024 at 8:59 AM, wolves111 said:

Well, we can disagree then. The only 30-year-old RB I'd consider as my #1 would be Henry.

I don't often defend  weepaws, but he repeatedly stated Kamara is not someone he is drafting as his RB1,  so what are you disagreeing on?

On 6/18/2024 at 5:21 PM, Ray_T said:

but hes aged and to some degree after that whole beating incident in Vegas I dont think hes ever really been the same player.   maybe it got into his head and affected him on the field. 

or maybe its something else but hes not been elite for a couple years now.  its not just a this year thing.

I don't think its any coincidence or surprise that Kamara has "not been the same player" since Drew Brees retired. Brees last season was 2020 when Kamara had 83 receptions, almost 1700 yards and 21 TDs.  Drew was a checkdown champion at that point. 

I think it was encouraging to see Kamara catch 75 balls in 13 games last year with the arrival of Carr. 

I really dont think we will see double digit TDs again (even combined rush/rec) but as a possibly fantasy RB2 with the potential for 80 receptions and 12-1300 yards, I'm a buyer. Kendre Miller will get more work but if it is Kamara's final season, I don't think they will hesitate to squeeze every drop out of him before they show him the door. 

53 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don't often defend  weepaws, but he repeatedly stated Kamara is not someone he is drafting as his RB1,  so what are you disagreeing on?

Kamara, based on avg per game.  Ppr=5th/ half ppr =9th. Non ppr 16th.  In my non ppr, I would take him as a rb3.  In ppr he’s a rb1.  That was his comment.

He clearly states he's a #1 rb in ppr. I disagreed he's not a #1 rb in any league. He then flip flopped after my comments. Read the complete exchange.

2 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Kamara, based on avg per game.  Ppr=5th/ half ppr =9th. Non ppr 16th.  In my non ppr, I would take him as a rb3.  In ppr he’s a rb1.  That was his comment.

He clearly states he's a #1 rb in ppr. I disagreed he's not a #1 rb in any league. He then flip flopped after my comments. Read the complete exchange.

I did read the complete exchange.   Saying he puts up the per game numbers to be an RB1 in fantasy is not the same as saying you intend to draft him as your RB1 for your fantasy team. Both statements can be true without any flip flopping.

I believe what weepaws is saying is that based on his ADP, which is what this topic is about, Kamara can be had as an RB2, or even an RB3 but he can perform like an RB1. 

You can disagree about the performance part but the numbers show he was RB5 in PPR last year. 

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Nothing wrong with preferring to go WR, I'm just curious what people think the questions are surrounding Hall, specifically. 

The potential issues I see with Hall are associated with Rodgers - he's old (does he still have it or is it his time to fall off the cliff), if he does still have it, he has the tendency to throw those 1-yd TD passes (that can cap the ff value for the lead back).  Still, easily a first rounder.

39 minutes ago, Showboat said:

The potential issues I see with Hall are associated with Rodgers - he's old (does he still have it or is it his time to fall off the cliff), if he does still have it, he has the tendency to throw those 1-yd TD passes (that can cap the ff value for the lead back).  Still, easily a first rounder.

I mean sure, nothing you said about Rodgers is wrong. But again, hall was RB2 (RB6 ppg) last year without Rodgers in an offense that scored 22 touchdowns. 

if Rodgers stays healthy it’s reasonable to think the offense scores closer to 40. He can throw a bunch of 1 yard touchdowns and there’s really no reason to think that would keep Hall from being a first round fantasy pick 

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I did read the complete exchange.   Saying he puts up the per game numbers to be an RB1 in fantasy is not the same as saying you intend to draft him as your RB1 for your fantasy team. Both statements can be true without any flip flopping.

I believe what weepaws is saying is that based on his ADP, which is what this topic is about, Kamara can be had as an RB2, or even an RB3 but he can perform like an RB1. 

You can disagree about the performance part but the numbers show he was RB5 in PPR last year. 

Well, if you’re willing to defend his obvious and typical condescending remarks we won’t be conversing this season. 
Thanks for the discussion. If I have learned anything in my six decades of life it’s to let go of people who are azzholes and he is the #1 azzhole on this forum.

26 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Well, if you’re willing to defend his obvious and typical condescending remarks we won’t be conversing this season. 
Thanks for the discussion. If I have learned anything in my six decades of life it’s to let go of people who are azzholes and he is the #1 azzhole on this forum.

Oh, don’t get me wrong. The guy is a turd and a troll. 

if you obviously don’t like him and think he is an azzhole, why are you responding to him? Doesn’t seem like letting go.  just ignore him. I thought you were having a legit back and forth

49 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I mean sure, nothing you said about Rodgers is wrong. But again, hall was RB2 (RB6 ppg) last year without Rodgers in an offense that scored 22 touchdowns. 

if Rodgers stays healthy it’s reasonable to think the offense scores closer to 40. He can throw a bunch of 1 yard touchdowns and there’s really no reason to think that would keep Hall from being a first round fantasy pick 

I said easily a first rounder - I think we agree.  I was just trying to answer your question about why people might be concerned with Hall.

9 minutes ago, Showboat said:

I said easily a first rounder - I think we agree.  I was just trying to answer your question about why people might be concerned with Hall.

I mean I guess that could be a reason I just don’t see why it would be. Why would a guy who most people agree would have elevated the offense in 2023, be a cause for concern for potential breece hall owners in 2024? If anything, I think the presence of Rodgers a threat of a passing game should be seen as an extra boost. 

Hall was avg in non ppr 14 per game when he was injured and lost for the season in his rookie season.  He’s a darn good rb.  

11 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don't think its any coincidence or surprise that Kamara has "not been the same player" since Drew Brees retired. Brees last season was 2020 when Kamara had 83 receptions, almost 1700 yards and 21 TDs.  Drew was a checkdown champion at that point. 

I think it was encouraging to see Kamara catch 75 balls in 13 games last year with the arrival of Carr. 

I really dont think we will see double digit TDs again (even combined rush/rec) but as a possibly fantasy RB2 with the potential for 80 receptions and 12-1300 yards, I'm a buyer. Kendre Miller will get more work but if it is Kamara's final season, I don't think they will hesitate to squeeze every drop out of him before they show him the door. 

Well, Carr also likes to throw to his checkdown receiver.    so I do think he continues to catch balls unless a better option exists on the team.

I dont think I touch the guy in standard leagues, but in PPR he still has reasonable value if you get him at the right price.  Full Disclosure: I dont know that I'm wanting to take a chance on him myself, but I dont blame someone for grabbing the guy if he can get him at the price of an RB2.    In PPR thats pretty solid value even if his game slips some.

16 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Oh, don’t get me wrong. The guy is a turd and a troll. 

if you obviously don’t like him and think he is an azzhole, why are you responding to him? Doesn’t seem like letting go.  just ignore him. I thought you were having a legit back and forth

He trolls my comments. This guy holds grudges like a dog holds a bone. Shame. He has some good insight occasionally but his low esteem gets in the way. 
I’ll just block him.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 7:07 PM, weepaws said:

Some I do like at His current ADP, that’s Mooney of the Falcons, he’s good enough, and teamed up with Cousins, I think his adp is great right now, I think Mooney has flex start upside, and even low wr2.  

:pointstosky:

Wee for Prez!