Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Happy Juneteenth everyone

2 minutes ago, peenie said:

Today is a celebration of the end of slavery. My family on all sides were either slaves or slave owners. The rest of you complaining because you can’t relate, do you, I’m doing me. 

you can relate about as much as I can

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, peenie said:

Today is a celebration of the end of slavery. My family on all sides were either slaves or slave owners. The rest of you complaining because you can’t relate, do you, I’m doing me. 

(meaning each person has to do what's best for them, do what you enjoy most, or what suits your personality)

WTF are you talking about?  My family is from China.  They probably go back to the Ming dynasty.  That doesn't mean I can relate to ancient China.   How many generations are you removed from anyone who had anything to do with slavery? 

8 hours ago, MDC said:

Juneteenth, officially Juneteenth National Independence Day, is a federal holiday in the United States. It is celebrated annually on June 19 to commemorate the ending of slavery in the United States. The holiday's name is a portmanteau of the words "June" and "nineteenth", as it was on June 19, 1865, when Major General Gordon Granger ordered the final enforcement of the Emancipation Proclamation in Texas at the end of the American Civil War.[8][9]Although this date commemorates enslaved people learning of their freedom under the Emancipation Proclamation, this only applied to former Confederate states. There remained legally enslaved people in states that never seceded from the Union. These people did not gain their freedom until the ratification of the 13th Amendment to the United States Constitution on December 6, 1865.

:thumbsup: 

Forced labor in Sub-Saharan Africa is estimated at 660,000. This includes people involved in the illegal diamond mines of Sierra Leone and Liberia

4 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s not accurate and also your response to @peenie is racist as well. Lots of bigotry in this forum. 

And you have an innate ability to misinterpret humor. Your mental acumen has all the speed & agility of a tectonic plate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomad99 said:

And you have an innate ability to misinterpret humor. Your mental acumen has all the speed & agility of a tectonic plate.

I enjoy good humor. Bad, terrible unfunny attempts at humor is a different story. But cheer up, there may be a job waiting for you at the Babylon Bee. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

I enjoy good humor. Bad, terrible unfunny attempts at humor is a different story. But cheer up, there may be a job waiting for you at the Babylon Bee. 

Like you calling everyone a racist? You need help dude. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I enjoy good humor. 

So what is your favorite novelty or treat?

21 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

ALERT📢

Tim is now grading our humor. 

Everyone......please give your best effort from now on.

Oh.....and I think he's got a thing for Peenie

9 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

This is so far over Timmy's tiny brain he can't compute.

This kind of Timmy talk didn't start happening until the last 15 years of liberal lunacy started occurring. Obama was the #1 worst president of all time. Creepy joe will soon be gone and a some executive orders can be used to reverse all the shlt that he did, but obama destroyed the minds of the weak in this country something bad. Liberals will never mentally recover. 

This might be the best post I’ve ever read in this forum.  👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

dumb

On 6/19/2024 at 6:39 AM, Cdub100 said:

This is a great white mans holiday.

It's the day a white man served papers to another white man, enforcing new laws after hundreds of thousands of white men died.

Be sure to thank a white man today for the preservation of the Union and black people should thank us for being one of the first countries in the history of the world to abolish slavery. 

In 1803, Denmark-Norway became the first nation in Europe to ban the African slave trade. Haiti formally proclaimed autonomy from France in 1804 and became the first sovereign nation to permanently ban slavery and the slave trade from the first day of its existence.