Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Fast food $5 meal deals

Was in Florida last week and we were coming back one night after 10 pm and needed food. Not much was open, so we went to BK.

They had a pretty decent deal. 

What is the $5 your way at Burger King?
The $5 Your Way Meal deal includes a choice between Whopper Jr., Bacon Cheeseburger and Chicken Jr., plus fries, a four-piece chicken nuggets and a soft drink.

So then I thought I'd look into McDs just to see if they were doing similar. They went the copycat route and started offering a $5 meal today.

The $5 combo includes a McDouble cheeseburger or McChicken sandwich, a four-piece order of Chicken McNuggets, a small order of french fries and a small soft drink.

Can anyone confirm if they are doing this in California?

In CA it's similar but it's $50, not $5.

• Sad 1

Wendy's deal was always good.   Very similar.  No Wendy's close to my work so I never get it though.

30 minutes ago, edjr said:

Was in Florida last week and we were coming back one night after 10 pm and needed food. Not much was open, so we went to BK.

So then I thought I'd look into McDs just to see if they were doing similar. They went the copycat route and started offering a $5 meal today.

Yes, in Southern California (L.A.) where I'm at (kind of).

From the Long Beach Press Telegram:

https://www.presstelegram.com/2024/06/25/mcdonalds-5-meal-deal-went-on-sale-today-heres-what-you-get/

McDonald’s $5 Meal Deal went on sale today. Here’s what you get

McDonald’s eagerly anticipated $5 Meal Deal is now on sale in Southern California.

The deal appeared on McDonald’s app after 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, the time restaurants switch over from their breakfast menu.

“The rumors = true,” says McDonald’s website.

Sort of, a spot check of prices throughout Southern California revealed.

The deal includes four items from the fast food giant’s existing $1 $2 $3 Dollar Menu.

The items are a sandwich, either a McDouble or a McChicken, four-piece Chicken McNuggets, small fries and a small soft drink.

The spot check showed several restaurants are charging $6 for the combo with the burger and $5 for the chicken sandwich.

On its app, McDonald’s describes the meal as “starting at $5” and says in fine print that prices could be higher at some locations.

[...]

39 minutes ago, edjr said:

I just looked up a MCD's near us... yes, $5 meal deal is available 

32 minutes ago, edjr said:

I had the McD's one last night, I was driving home and it was 9:30. I definitely consume more fast food than I should and I have all the apps, because why not get reward points if i'm going to buy anyway. I saw the $5 meal when I opened the app to see what deals they were offering.  I added another medium fries   (free with a $1 purchase under their mobile app deals).   And the points for the purchase pushed me up to a free breakfast sammich :D which, I would always prefer real NJ breakfast sammich, but have always enjoyed a mcdonalds sausage egg and cheese. 

Their app also has 2 large fries free with a 20 piece nuggets (roughly $7 i think)  and buy one get one free breakfast sammich offers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

On its app, McDonald’s describes the meal as “starting at $5” and says in fine print that prices could be higher at some locations.

I will add, it's kind of silly but when I placed the order on their app, no matter which drink I chose, there was an upcharge. Even a standard coke was +10 cents.   Just odd.

don't you already have a california minimum wage thread going?  I assume you're not moving to cali so let it go :bench:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

don't you already have a california minimum wage thread going?  I assume you're not moving to cali so let it go :bench:

🖕

• Haha 1

Just now, edjr said:

🖕

🤣😛 :banana:

2 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

🤣😛 :banana:

:lol: 

I rarely go to any fast food places unless its a dire situation.   Looks like they just took all the old dollar menu items and packaged them together.  

Fast food is pretty gross.

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I rarely go to any fast food places unless its a dire situation.   Looks like they just took all the old dollar menu items and packaged them together.  

Fast food is pretty gross.

Any port in a storm

Canes is very good food, about 12 bucks.  A lot better than those others.  Thanks. 

34 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I had the McD's one last night, I was driving home and it was 9:30. I definitely consume more fast food than I should and I have all the apps, because why not get reward points if i'm going to buy anyway. I saw the $5 meal when I opened the app to see what deals they were offering.  I added another medium fries   (free with a $1 purchase under their mobile app deals).   And the points for the purchase pushed me up to a free breakfast sammich :D which, I would always prefer real NJ breakfast sammich, but have always enjoyed a mcdonalds sausage egg and cheese. 

Their app also has 2 large fries free with a 20 piece nuggets (roughly $7 i think)  and buy one get one free breakfast sammich offers. 

Mobile app is the way to go if ever getting McD's

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Are you related to @t.j. booker?

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Are you related to @t.j. booker?

maybe thats an alias of mine

https://x.com/RBReich/status/1816141961968882052

McDonald's will extend its "$5 meal deal" to win back cash-strapped customers.

This comes after years of price increases, which led to its net income jumping 37% last year.

Meanwhile, McDonald's CEO made $19.2M. They could have kept prices lower all along. They chose not to.

21 minutes ago, squistion said:

This comes after years of price increases, which led to its net income jumping 37% last year.

Meanwhile, McDonald's CEO made $19.2M. They could have kept prices lower all along. They chose not to.

It’s that thing you’ve seen in several industries, where they did have to raise their prices some to keep up with inflation and rising costs of labor. But they realized that they could raise their prices a whole lot more and people would at least temporarily pay them as they were used to sticker shock. So they took the opportunity to bilk the sh1t out of people and I hope nobody goes back.

23 minutes ago, squistion said:

Really?  You think if the CEO made, say, 100k, they could have kept prices lower?  You REALLY think that?   Or are you referring to "net income?"  Because you are aware, are you not, and you too @IGotWorms, that net income <> PROFIT, right?

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Really?  You think if the CEO made, say, 100k, they could have kept prices lower?  You REALLY think that?   Or are you referring to "net income?"  Because you are aware, are you not, and you too @IGotWorms, that net income <> PROFIT, right?

$19.2 million is a little high. People sort of point that out as it’s an easy way to show the greed, but I agree that $19.2 million spread out over the cost of their entire operations is not very meaningful. The issue to me would be the profit margins 

Just now, IGotWorms said:

$19.2 million is a little high. People sort of point that out as it’s an easy way to show the greed, but I agree that $19.2 million spread out over the cost of their entire operations is not very meaningful. The issue to me would be the profit margins 

Nothing in his post goes to profit margin.

48 minutes ago, Strike said:

Nothing in his post goes to profit margin.

So you don’t think they’re making substantial profits?

Or are you just being an ass again?

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

So you don’t think they’re making substantial profits?

Or are you just being an ass again?

Define "substantial profits".  And what is acceptable to you?  Do you not think businesses should strive to be profitable?  IOW, your post/stance is so vague as to be meaningless.