Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

Supreme Court rules President is immune for “official acts”

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

Your guy got beat fairly at the polls four years ago, you're still butthurt, and you're chastising ME about this? MAGAMOOKS gonna mook.

I'll just state that this suddenly all-important push for presidential immunity wasn't needed for the first 250 years of our nation, but today, because of Lord almighty Trump, it's a NECESSITY, dammit!

Every one of the guys defending Trump for the last 10 years would already be in a hot war against liberals if Obama had pulled half the shite Trump has, but it's all good. Nothing to see here.

It is kind of funny to me that the Libertarian leaning crowd in here is all “Let’s see how this plays out” after the SC handed out more power to the office of the Prez.

This one is really simple, the Biden administration attempted to turn the US into a Banana Republic. The grown-ups had to step in and remedy the situation. Democrats only have themselves to blame and have proven time and time again that they simply can't be trusted with power. 

If you support the current day version of the Democrat party, you are absolutely part of the problem. You don't care about America or what it stands for. The sooner we realize this, the better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Reality said:

If you support the current day version of the Democrat party, you are absolutely part of the problem. You don't care about America or what it stands for. The sooner we realize this, the better

⬆️ This exactly!

30 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Your guy got beat fairly at the polls four years ago, you're still butthurt, and you're chastising ME about this? MAGAMOOKS gonna mook.

I'll just state that this suddenly all-important push for presidential immunity wasn't needed for the first 250 years of our nation, but today, because of Lord almighty Trump, it's a NECESSITY, dammit!

Every one of the guys defending Trump for the last 10 years would already be in a hot war against liberals if Obama had pulled half the shite Trump has, but it's all good. Nothing to see here.

Yo dumbass - I didn’t vote for Trump 4 years ago.  But I am voting for him in 2024.  And when he beats JoeTard like a drum you can come back in here and kiss my asss.  How’s that? 😆

4 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

as has it has always been, congrats

Wrong.  Former presidents have never been immune from the criminal or civil justice system

36 minutes ago, Reality said:

This one is really simple, the Biden administration attempted to turn the US into a Banana Republic. The grown-ups had to step in and remedy the situation. Democrats only have themselves to blame and have proven time and time again that they simply can't be trusted with power. 

If you support the current day version of the Democrat party, you are absolutely part of the problem. You don't care about America or what it stands for. The sooner we realize this, the better.

What a retard :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://x.com/IlhanMN/status/1807834678847853055

The Supreme Court can no longer be trusted to uphold the Constitution.

If Donald Trump is reelected, this convicted felon, rapist, and twice-impeached former President will be able to do whatever the hell he wants.

It’s a scary day for American democracy.

• Haha 3

I suspect that Smith is "all in" on this.  He would love to be the one to somehow take Trump down. I surmise he will double his efforts, and if he has to come up with something entirely new will do so.

The race to get Trump will certainly continue, plenty of time to make up something else to use.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

https://x.com/IlhanMN/status/1807834678847853055

The Supreme Court can no longer be trusted to uphold the Constitution.

If Donald Trump is reelected, this convicted felon, rapist, and twice-impeached former President will be able to do whatever the hell he wants.

It’s a scary day for American democracy.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

:huh:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/faq_general.aspx

This is not a controversial statement :doh:

Yeah it really is having happened only once.  AOC's urge to impeach is based upon her disagreement with a pretty well reasoned and sound ruling that went against her political desires, not based upon violation of any Constitutional duty the Court has.  Her articles of impeachment are going to be the overreach of a prosecutor was not sustained by the Supremes when she liked that overreach.  That is not probable cause to even have an inquiry.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Wrong.  Former presidents have never been immune from the criminal or civil justice system

For things they did while acting as president?  Yes they have. Just like there isn’t a state that could charge Obama with killing a citizen 

2 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Well okay, that’s a good point. So maybe Thomas and Alito can be impeached but no so much the others 

I think one could try to make the case that their appearent bias, the apearance of impropriety, violates the penumbra of their oath to protect and defend the constitution.  The Supremes like penumbras.

Dems should be thrilled about today's ruling as it will prevent Biden from rotting in jail for all of his crimes after he leaves office.

1 hour ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

It appears you're the only guy that listens to Olbermann anymore.   He's as relevant as yesterday's dog sh#t in the yard.

The kind that turns white?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I did address this. 67 votes are required to remove a President under impeachment. I believe this is an impossible goal. 

I feel Nixon was headed there.

1 hour ago, Fnord said:

Well for 198 years, then Nixon pushed this barrier pretty good.  Had a few circumstances been different in the Iran contra affair Reagan may have pushed this more.

Just now, Engorgeous George said:

I feel Nixon was headed there.

Maybe, Goldwater was convinced he was and convinced Nixon of the same. We’ll never know: 

But times have changed. I don’t think Nixon gets convicted by the Senate in 2024, to paraphrase Trump, POTUS could murder someone on 5th Avenue and it wouldn’t matter. The bottom line is that neither of our two major  political parties would be willing to give up power to the other side. (And yes I know that technically it wouldn’t because the power passes to the VP, but we all know that it would be a landslide for the other side in the next election. And no party would ever allow that. So it will never happen.) 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Maybe, Goldwater was convinced he was and convinced Nixon of the same. We’ll never know: 

But times have changed. I don’t think Nixon gets convicted by the Senate in 2024, to paraphrase Trump, POTUS could murder someone on 5th Avenue and it wouldn’t matter. The bottom line is that neither of our two major  political parties would be willing to give up power to the other side. (And yes I know that technically it wouldn’t because the power passes to the VP, but we all know that it would be a landslide for the other side in the next election. And no party would ever allow that. So it will never happen.) 

So the idealist is also a cynic.  Interesting as I, the cynic, hold out some idealistic hope that you are wrong about this.

Oh, and BTW, you may be correct, I simply hope not.

15 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

For things they did while acting as president?  Yes they have. Just like there isn’t a state that could charge Obama with killing a citizen 

You're wrong, and what is this Obama killing someone crap.  Tim pool BS?

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Today's liberals would convict and kill anyone who disagrees with them. 

59 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Yo dumbass - I didn’t vote for Trump 4 years ago.  But I am voting for him in 2024.  And when he beats JoeTard like a drum you can come back in here and kiss my asss.  How’s that? 😆

That's fine, although me kissing your ass is evidence of a psychotic break on your part. I don't believe you about not voting for Trump, but if you could elaborate on why you say you didn't I'd be interested to hear it.

I won't be voting for Biden. If he's still the nom, I'll leave it blank and hope like hell I'm completely wrong about what happens next. And if I am, I'll admit it.

The important question now is what YOU are going to do if I'm right and Trump goes off the rails.

19 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

You should really know about this

the killing of 16-year-old American citizen Abdulrahman al-Awlaki.

It is not new, and when it transpired it was hotly debated at that time.

5 minutes ago, Fnord said:

The important question now is what YOU are going to do if I'm right and Trump goes off the rails.

If you get to define "going off the rails" why would he respond?

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

You should really know about this

It is not new, and when it transpired it was hotly debated at that time.

Oh I remember this. Never knew the alt right wanted to try Obama for murder for a drone strike.  I guess you feel the same about the tens of thousands of dead in Gaza?

27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Obama ordered the drone strike in Yemen that killed an American

those are facts

5 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Oh I remember this. Never knew the alt right wanted to try Obama for murder for a drone strike.  I guess you feel the same about the tens of thousands of dead in Gaza?

I see RLLD covered it, which president ordered strikes on Gaza?

maybe while we are at it you should do Syria, oh wait also Obama, but those weren't American citizens and we needed the oil

2 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

If you get to define "going off the rails" why would he respond?

Did I define it? No.

At this point most of you guys are far enough along the "[insert group we don't like] are the enemy of the people and need to be punished" track that you'd be okay with damn near anything guaranteeing liberal tears. Up to and including imprisonment (or possibly worse) for the people you disagree with.

What if Trump had every prosecutor that has brought a case against him arrested on day 1?

• Haha 1

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I see RLLD covered it, which president ordered strikes on Gaza?

Not US president. Netanyahu

Just now, Fnord said:

Did I define it? No.

At this point most of you guys are far enough along the "[insert group we don't like] are the enemy of the people and need to be punished" track that you'd be okay with damn near anything guaranteeing liberal tears. Up to and including imprisonment (or possibly worse) for the people you disagree with.

What if Trump had every prosecutor that has brought a case against him arrested on day 1?

That would be the Dems fault, duh.

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Obama ordered the drone strike in Yemen that killed an American

those are facts

You think he should be charged with a crime?

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Not US president. Netanyahu

he should be impeached then, but where is the relevance?  also they are at war with Hamas, when were we at WAR with Yemen

actually I don't, I think it should be investigated, but also that the president has to make a decision sometimes to do somethings that should be protected, this is what this case is all about.

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

he should be impeached then, but where is the relevance?  also they are at war with Hamas, when were we at WAR with Yemen

Al Qaeda.  It was a drone strike targeting terrorists.

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

That would be the Dems fault, duh.

Right?

Now, ssshhhhh. Wait for it...

Yes, Benghazi and the Afghan withdrawal as well. The extent was covered up.

Al Qaeda.  It was a drone strike targeting terrorists.

so if there is an Al Qaeda hiding in Canada we should drone strike them? And if it kills civilians, thats A-OK?

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I am not sure if anyone wanted to use the legal system to take down Obama, that tactic is relatively recent in use.

But I do recall some legal minds discussing it, but as I recall it was just sort of left alone. Not much came of it.  But if they were to dilute immunity, perhaps they could go after him? Not sure about that.