Sign in to follow this  
Engorgeous George

Help - grilling peaches?

Wife needs me to grill corn and peaches for some recipe she has.  Corn is no problem, but peaches?  Do you oil them?  How long do you cook them and at waht heat intensity?  How do you tell when they are done?

Time to go to google but experienced help would be appreciated.

I've never grilled peaches but I would assume it's quick. Just enough time to get grill marks. Is she trying to impart a smokey flavor or something? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

I've never grilled peaches but I would assume it's quick. Just enough time to get grill marks. Is she trying to impart a smokey flavor or something? 

Don't know. That would entail interspousal communication.

Looks like some olive oil and a bit of salt according to Emeril LaGasse or butter, vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar according to others.  Since they are going to go into a dish with corn and other stuff, sort of a chutney or a salsa, I am going to go with LeGasse.  These are not dessert peaches, but grilled peaches.

3 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Yes… pretty quick depending on how firm they are 

oil or pam

medium heat

until they are a little soft 

• Thanks 1

I am guessing she is going to dice them, so firm enough to cut 

23 minutes ago, kutulu said:

I was wondering when somebody would post that 

Corn is actually a big problem. The kernels keep falling right through the grill. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

I am guessing she is going to dice them, so firm enough to cut 

Exactly.  some grill marks, a very slight amount of carmelization, but needs them firm to slice.  I went one minute flesh side down and pulled them to the side flesh side up for another minute and a half and they seem to be what she was envisoning.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Corn is actually a big problem. The kernels keep falling right through the grill. :dunno:

That is very frustrating.

Slice and dice. Skillet with evoo.  Golden brown.  

i saw lots of grilled peaches recipes.  i may do this a few more times to try other things out.  I like new things.  I had never considered peaches on the grill.  Pineapples yes.  Apples, yes, but never peaches.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

Don't know. Tthat would entail interspousal communication.

Looks like some olive oil and a bit of salt according to Emeril LaGasse or butter, vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar according to others.  Since they are going to go into a dish with corn and other stuff, sort of a chutney or a salsa, I am going to go with LeGasse.  These are not dessert peaches, but grilled peaches.

:lol:

I grew up in a county where peaches were the main crop and have never heard of this.  I can tell you though, working in those fields for a summer job in the July heat picking those things is no fun at all.

Grilled citrus for dressings, sauces, marinades brings something a little different too

1 hour ago, Mookz said:

Creamed corn is even harder.  :thumbsup: 

I use: 

olive oil

brown sugar 

cinnamon

Unsalted butter

Brush peaches & grill with olive oil, grill 8-10 minutes & turn to get grill marks. Combine melted butter & ingredients together. Take peaches off grill. Add mixture. Place back in there facing up for a minute or two til the mixture melts. Serve with ice cream. It’s delicious.

Made them a literal month last yr before my dad passed away. I had told him about them YEARS before. It was then that he wanted to try them so I made them for him. You’ll really enjoy them

3 minutes ago, Stryker Ryker said:

I use: 

olive oil

brown sugar 

cinnamon

Unsalted butter

Brush peaches & grill with olive oil, grill 8-10 minutes & turn to get grill marks. Combine melted butter & ingredients together. Take peaches off grill. Add mixture. Place back in there facing up for a minute or two til the mixture melts. Serve with ice cream. It’s delicious.

Made them a literal month last yr before my dad passed away. I had told him about them YEARS before. It was then that he wanted to try them so I made them for him. You’ll really enjoy them

The time seems long for fruit but I will try this.  BTW my wife bought cling peaches instead of non-cling.  Big mistake.

What you want to do is cut the stone out of the fruit. And then get the stone to be about 500°. And then reassemble the peach around the stone. Freaking brilliant.

Huh. I just read a autobiography called warm peach fuzz;  The Jerry Sandusky story.

By the way, I've now been served pomegranate seeds at least half a dozen times this year alone. And never had them before. And could they be any more worthless? 

Perhaps as a garnish to a frou frou martini, but just as part of fruit salad? 

No

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

By the way, I've now been served pomegranate seeds at least half a dozen times this year alone. And never had them before. And could they be any more worthless? 

Perhaps as a garnish to a frou frou martini, but just as part of fruit salad? 

No

Yes garnish for some salads and other plates. I’ll use pomegranate juice or purée for sauces or dressings