Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

the other RBs

Najee Harris (63 overall), Zamir White (76), James Connor (77), Mostert (88), and Jerome Ford (121) all seem like bargains.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Zeke Elliott may be lead and GL back on one of the best offenses in the league. He should be going well above ADP (122).

57 minutes ago, MDC said:

Najee Harris (63 overall), Zamir White (76), James Connor (77), Mostert (88), and Jerome Ford (121) all seem like bargains.

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Zeke Elliott may be lead and GL back on one of the best offenses in the league. He should be going well above ADP (122).

Ford doesn’t cost much of anything but what about Chubb? Seems like he significantly eats into Ford’s touches, at a minimum. Maybe not for the first few games of the season although even that is on the table.

Bigger question is Najee at that ADP. My god he was positively atrocious the first half of 2023. Always been a volume dependent guy and now it seems like he might not even be able to capitalize on that. Got Jaylen Warren there too. Do you figure Pickett being one leads to a turnaround or what?

Zeke, I get the idea, but he really didn’t seem to have a lot left in NE. Touchdown heavy leagues I guess I’d like him 

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Ford doesn’t cost much of anything but what about Chubb? Seems like he significantly eats into Ford’s touches, at a minimum. Maybe not for the first few games of the season although even that is on the table.

Browns Rb situation reminds me of the Chargers. Teams destined to run, but noone great to do it.

Ford didn't impress with his 4.0 ypc last year. Doesn't seem built for work-horse. So the Browns signed D'onte Foreman who's been fairly effective in recent years. Chubb didn't even start running on his rebuilt knee until April (same knee he tore in college), which is bit surprising considering the injury happened in Week 2. So a little red flag there. 

The way I see it playing out... Ford splits with Foreman until Chubb is ready. Then they all split, because they won't just hand Chubb his old workload on that knee. Sprinkle in a little Nyheim Hines for good measure and it's a fantasy cluster. Sucks because they all have dirt cheap adps and the Browns are going to run.

16 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Browns Rb situation reminds me of the Chargers. Teams destined to run, but noone great to do it.

Ford didn't impress with his 4.0 ypc last year. Doesn't seem built for work-horse. So the Browns signed D'onte Foreman who's been fairly effective in recent years. Chubb didn't even start running on his rebuilt knee until April (same knee he tore in college), which is bit surprising considering the injury happened in Week 2. So a little red flag there. 

The way I see it playing out... Ford splits with Foreman until Chubb is ready. Then they all split, because they won't just hand Chubb his old workload on that knee. Sprinkle in a little Nyheim Hines for good measure and it's a fantasy cluster. Sucks because they all have dirt cheap adps and the Browns are going to run.

In that situation, the obvious play, to me, is to take Chubb and hope he returns to health and plays well enough to push the others aside — as he has done his whole career.

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

the obvious play, to me, is to take Chubb and hope he returns to health and plays well enough to push the others aside

I hear you but I just can't. Even if he does come back he's certainly not going to out snap Ford. 

He's still jumping around on one leg and hasn't been cleared for anything. I see no way he comes back or is anywhere near productive. That injury is no joke. 

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

In that situation, the obvious play, to me, is to take Chubb and hope he returns to health and plays well enough to push the others aside — as he has done his whole career.

I've tried to justify reasons why Foreman might be a worthwhile last-pick-of-draft flyer. Analyzed stats, contracts, situations...  in the end, even if Foreman did steal the job, here comes Chubb who probably never gets back to anything reliable fantasy wise. Sucks because this is a Kevin Stefanski team - just run it baby! 

Ultimately I probably won't invest in any Browns player. Watson has been an unmitigated disaster which hurts everyone's value (including Cooper and Njoku), on top of the confusing Rb situation. What a hot mess. The Browns might be decent with their stout defense, but fantasy wise it's a tough nut to crack.

7 minutes ago, Maximum Overkill said:

I hear you but I just can't. Even if he does come back he's certainly not going to out snap Ford. 

He's still jumping around on one leg and hasn't been cleared for anything. I see no way he comes back or is anywhere near productive. That injury is no joke. 

I dunno, there’s been some good news: https://dawgpounddaily.com/posts/could-browns-nick-chubb-back-september-01j29eq9hkhk

If I have to take him early, forget it. But at a huge discount I’m gonna go for it 

Never count out Nick Chubb. Word around these parts (cle) is he’s ahead of schedule 

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I dunno, there’s been some good news: https://dawgpounddaily.com/posts/could-browns-nick-chubb-back-september-01j29eq9hkhk

If I have to take him early, forget it. But at a huge discount I’m gonna go for it 

He's running in straight lines. He's not allowed to cut or put significant weight on it yet. At least that's what I read yesterday. 

Even at a ridiculous ADP with Ford as a cuff, I can't see the value. I'd rather take a shot on an upside RB2. 

That's just me, I can't blame anyone for taking a shot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Agreed.  I think all those Rbs could be late bargains.  

Dowdle of the Cowboys is free right now, he’s another rb that could be a very good extra late rd pick up.  

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Dowdle of the Cowboys is free right now, he’s another rb that could be a very good extra late rd pick up.  

I guess he's worth a shot with a late pick. At worst, he's somebody to drop when your kicker is on bye lol

He could potentially be in a very valuable situation for fantasy purposes, which would be RB1 for the Cowboys. That's no more than an injury away.

If that never materializes, he could work out a decent role. I don't see him being the goal line RB as long as Zeke is there, but he could get plenty of quality touches between the 20s.

52 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I guess he's worth a shot with a late pick. At worst, he's somebody to drop when your kicker is on bye lol

He could potentially be in a very valuable situation for fantasy purposes, which would be RB1 for the Cowboys. That's no more than an injury away.

If that never materializes, he could work out a decent role. I don't see him being the goal line RB as long as Zeke is there, but he could get plenty of quality touches between the 20s.

Yeah, that’s how I see it, the Zeke will be the target rb in the passing game, and the goal line rb, But Dowdle for free is a worthy late , Even last rd pick.  And in my non ppr 14 team league I see him as just that.  

It kills me to say it as well but Zeke is definitely good value. You're getting the lead back of a high scoring offense who'll be getting the majority of meaningful snaps. 

At that price point he's worth an educated flyer. 

He was rb # 30 in ppr last season, on a crappy team.  

On 7/10/2024 at 1:46 PM, IGotWorms said:

I don’t think Carolina traded up to draft Brooks as the first running back off the board, just to have him sit and rehab for half the year.

I think they believe he will be ready week one..

It’s possible they’re wrong about that, though probably not from everything I’ve read.

But I focking love his ADP right now so 🤫 

I think.you'rr probably right Worms. No doubt he's talented yet they will ease him.back into things. I'll monitor his progress once camp begins and see h I w he holds up. At the end of July he'll be 10 months removed from his injury. Yes, young guys tend to heal quicker so his prognosis looks good. If he gets through camp unscathed he could get some carries week1. Then if all goes well they'll ramp up his involvement. Possibly by week 5 he could be the main ball carrier. I'm not gonna count on him to.even be my rb2 early kn but he'll get into my lineup the more he shows me and he could be a real nice addition to the starting lineup come fantasy playoffs.

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

He was rb # 30 in ppr last season, on a crappy team.  

That's probably the best thing to say about Zeke: 50+ receptions and 5+ Tds guarantees at least 30th.

What I can't figure is what are the Cowboys gonna do if he's only averaging 3.5 ypc? Are they really giving 175+ carries to a Rb who's that inefficient? His metrics last year were unspeakably bad. Maybe a better o-line helps along with defenses respecting the passing game, but still we're talking about a 29 yo Rb with mega millage. Even his last year in Dallas ('22) the metrics weren't great. To make matters worse, he had a pass-blocking grade of 31.7 last year - career low.  Makes ya wonder if he'll even be on the field on 3rd downs.

If Zeke looks lifeless in training camp, I think there's a strong chance Cowboys make a trade... they have four 5th round draft picks next year.

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

That's probably the best thing to say about Zeke: 50+ receptions and 5+ Tds guarantees at least 30th.

What I can't figure is what are the Cowboys gonna do if he's only averaging 3.5 ypc? Are they really giving 175+ carries to a Rb who's that inefficient? His metrics last year were unspeakably bad. Maybe a better o-line helps along with defenses respecting the passing game, but still we're talking about a 29 yo Rb with mega millage. Even his last year in Dallas ('21) the metrics weren't great. To make matters worse, he had a pass-blocking grade of 31.7 last year - career low.  Makes ya wonder if he'll even be on the field on 3rd downs.

If Zeke looks lifeless in training camp, I think there's a strong chance Cowboys make a trade... they have four 5th round draft picks next year.

Possible, if Zeke looks bad they might do just that, trade, but right now haven’t addressed the rb slot, I think that’s interesting, and also why I think Dowdle is worthy of a late pick.  

Both of my drafts are in late August, so I’m sure this issue will be more clear by then, but right now both of those Cowboys Rbs look like good bargains based on their current ADP.  

Zeke price tag right now looks to be rb#39, so if he’s able to be rb#30 , that’s a good buy.  

On 7/13/2024 at 11:41 AM, weepaws said:

Zeke price tag right now looks to be rb#39, so if he’s able to be rb#30 , that’s a good buy.  

Annual contracts:

Zeke - $1.25 mil, $375 k guaranteed

Dowdle - $1.055 mill, $200 k guaranteed

Freeman - $1.125 mill, $65 k guaranteed

Vaughn - $915 k, $33 k guaranteed

Jeesh... get what ya pay for.  There's reports Freeman has looked good in camp, but what do they mean by 'good'?  Better than stink.?.  Man it's ugly.

Read that about Freeman, one report said he feels that the rb2 is going to be Freeman. 

9 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Annual contracts:

Zeke - $1.25 mil, $375 k guaranteed

Dowdle - $1.055 mill, $200 k guaranteed

Freeman - $1.125 mill, $65 k guaranteed

Vaughn - $915 k, $33 k guaranteed

Jeesh... get what ya pay for.  There's reports Freeman has looked good in camp, but what do they mean by 'good'?  Better than stink.?.  Man it's ugly.

Haha, yeah that's a rough room for sure. It's insane to me that they didn't somehow maneuver to get Jonathan Brooks or Benson in the draft. I thought they'd certainly trade up for Benson once Brooks was gone. 

On 7/7/2024 at 8:15 PM, GobbleDog said:

Pick 75) Zamir White - One my favorites and probably reach early. Vegas coach on record about love for work-horse backs.

Pick 89) Raheem Mostert - second highest scoring Rb with 21 Tds. Not again, but... half? 10+- Tds, 200+- carries and some receptions. Pick 89.?. Insane.

I am all in on Zamir White...not much behind him in my opinion

I do not think Mostert sees 200 carries this season, but he could still get his fair share of TD's. He only had 209 last season and Achane missed quite a bit of time .

15 minutes ago, gridiron whirlwinds said:

I do not think Mostert sees 200 carries this season, but he could still get his fair share of TD's. He only had 209 last season and Achane missed quite a bit of time .

Maybe not 200 carries with so many Rb's to feed, but even just 12 carries per gm totals 204, so maybe he does. Interesting stat:

Mostert started 15 games last year - in the 11 wins Mostert averaged 14.5 carries per gm.  In the 4 losses, he averaged 11.4 per gm. The playoff loss... 8 carries. Dolphins over/under wins is 9.5 this year. 

Even with a low estimate of 170+ carries, 1 or 2 rec per gm, all goal line work. Rb 26 ... I'm in.

Mostert adp high rb3.  I’m not so certain about that, low rb3 high rb4 I’m in.  Most 12- 14 team mocks I’ve been seeing go rb4.  

On 7/9/2024 at 12:08 PM, GobbleDog said:

From the way scouts talk about him... good lord. Sounds like a beast.

Last two years at FSU, Benson finished #1 out of 226 qualified Rbs in forced missed tackles per attempt. Once he breaks into the second level, his size and speed come into play which created so many explosive runs. Stud of an athlete and multi-skilled - motions out to slot and displays high-level receiver skills. As a receiver, Benson was in the 86th percentile in forced missed tackles per reception. He can sell play action and work his way through the line of scrimmage to get open. Relatively low-millage thanks to FSU's coach not working players to dust.

Obviously the problem is James Connor who's coming off the greatest season of his career. But he's 29 yo and the Cards are going to want to kick the tires on their offensive weapon. I'm guessing they split carries pretty evenly til mid-season. Then it becomes Benson's backfield.

If they are going to split carries evenly through mid-season, barring a Connor injury of course, WHY would it all of a sudden then become "Benson's backfield" ??? 

On 7/10/2024 at 2:21 PM, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Speaking of Zamir.... fun fact about Raidahs rookie RB Laube. 

His receiving stat line from ONE game last year.....  12 / 295 / 2 tds 

Don't sleep on Dylan as deep sleeper....  he's getting some run with the ones..... 

3 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

If they are going to split carries evenly through mid-season, barring a Connor injury of course, WHY would it all of a sudden then become "Benson's backfield" ??? 

Because in all likelihood it's Conner's last season in Arizona... free agent next year. That often means teams kick the tires to see if their new guy is the future.  And there's a good chance Benson simply out-performs Conner and starts getting the bulk.

Benson is going to be trouble to Conner owners. 

On 7/12/2024 at 3:44 PM, GobbleDog said:

I've tried to justify reasons why Foreman might be a worthwhile last-pick-of-draft flyer.

Browns RB Donta Foreman was just carted off the field on a backboard. The injury occurred toward the end of punt period.  Status unknown.

:unsure:

Being released, x rays negative.  

On 7/12/2024 at 1:19 PM, IGotWorms said:

Chubb is a guy you likely shouldnt take a chance on unless getting him real cheap.    he had multiple ligaments go.  thats more complicated rehab than just a plain ol ACL.  while he may be well enough to play he will be a shadow of his former self this year.    I truly think Ford and/or Foreman will be the better player for at least the first half of the year (and possibly all year)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Chubb is a guy you likely shouldnt take a chance on unless getting him real cheap.    he had multiple ligaments go.  thats more complicated rehab than just a plain ol ACL.  while he may be well enough to play he will be a shadow of his former self this year.    I truly think Ford and/or Foreman will be the better player for at least the first half of the year (and possibly all year)

He’s going real cheap. 

Broncos coach Sean Payton said Javonte Williams “looks like a completely different player” this summer.

“This time last year, in fairness to him, he was recovering still, inside of eight months (removed from) an ACL (tear),” Payton said. “He’s fully healthy now. You can see it in his play.”

Like I said, "not getting cut".  

Not ruling out a trade possibility though..... would look good in a Pokes uni for sure ;) 

36 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Not ruling out a trade possibility though.....

That's what I'm thinking. This feels like Payton posturing for a trade. They don't need Javonte, they're in the beginning of a rebuild. 

39 minutes ago, League Champion said:

That's what I'm thinking. This feels like Payton posturing for a trade. They don't need Javonte, they're in the beginning of a rebuild. 

maybe, but nobody at this point will pay for him until they see that he can still play.

if trading him I'd guess mid season or close to the trade deadline if he looks good early in the season.

another point, I dont know that Payton comes back unless he thinks he can win.    so I do think they will be trying to win.   whether they should be or not is a different question but I think thats where they are at right now.

52 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

maybe, but nobody at this point will pay for him until they see that he can still play.

if trading him I'd guess mid season or close to the trade deadline if he looks good early in the season.

another point, I dont know that Payton comes back unless he thinks he can win.    so I do think they will be trying to win.   whether they should be or not is a different question but I think thats where they are at right now.

Not going to win much.  Might be a good move to trade value, while it still has value.