Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Hard Knocks

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m the opposite. 

i would agree with you on this.. idk how anyone can be high on Daboll right now. 

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Thanks for the info. I’m pretty high on Daniels in fantasy this year. Got him as my QB13 and trying to figure out who to bump to move him up a few more spots 

No need to bump him at all.  I am also high on him but I think he is a guy you target to pair with another QB in your 10-15 range.  You don't go into the fantasy year with him as your starter, but the hope is he winds up being that. 

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I wanna see Burrow throw before I consider him.  That wrist injury has me nervous.  Also Dak, IMO, takes a step back this year.  Their schedule second half of the season, when he put up huge numbers, will be much more difficult.  Give me Daniels who can run in a Kliff Kingsbury offense any day.  Kyler Murray was QB7 his rookie year. 

I expect Dak to regress a little but he’s still a very solid option. Can’t pass that up for a total unknown, even if I do love the upside.

Agreed on Burrow though. He has taken quite a beating in recent years

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

No need to bump him at all.  I am also high on him but I think he is a guy you target to pair with another QB in your 10-15 range.  You don't go into the fantasy year with him as your starter, but the hope is he winds up being that. 

In my league he will go for a decent amount of money (superflex auction league). So if I want him I’m gonna have to value him pretty high. Probably too high

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Well, their defense was top 5 the second half of last year, and their offense is pretty loaded.

Only questions are QB and OC for Chicago. 

Minnesota QB questions. But I think all 4 teams have solid foundations with Detroit being the favorite. 

Vikings could surprise some if Darnold takes any step in improving his game.  They have an okay roster.  

Bears defense did finish strong.   Still doesn't seem like a unit that would strike fear into the better offenses in the league.  But I could be wrong.  Their HC is a defensive guy.  He better get the most out of them.  They will have to run through OCs if they keep him around as HC  and Caleb finds success. 

31 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I don't think it's hopeless.  They won a playoff game with Jones, that should be the expectation again this year.

The O Line has to play better, it should.  Is Stroud a better QB than Jones, yes.

If Jones sucks this year while the line plays well, then draft a QB next year, trade up if needed.

Pretty simple.

Im not a Giants fan, but also not a blind hater.  I think their winning a playoff game that season was one of the worst things that could have happened in terms of it backing them into a corner regarding signing Jones.  They were a 9 win #6 seed.

The O line playing better has been a narrative for quite a few years now so it's hard to say if they HAVE to play better or not. My Giants fan friends have been saying that the last two seasons. You'd think it has to be true but....

Jones has had plenty of excuses. Some of them rightfully so. But at some point, things like "not enough weapons" isn't really good enough. A good QB would make some of those players around him better. 

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

In my league he will go for a decent amount of money (superflex auction league). So if I want him I’m gonna have to value him pretty high. Probably too high

well, that is certainly a different story with superflex, which is just a fancy way of saying it's a 2QB league  and the auction format. You're more likely to get someone overspending on Daniels in an auction, than you will get someone picking him way above ADP in a draft format. 

I like Daniel Jones. I’ll be rooting for him. Bottom line is that the offense looked better with Tyrod and Tommy cutlets . Now or never. Also, he was no great shakes throwing the ball in 2022. That was mostly his legs.  

11 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

well, that is certainly a different story with superflex, which is just a fancy way of saying it's a 2QB league  and the auction format. You're more likely to get someone overspending on Daniels in an auction, than you will get someone picking him way above ADP in a draft format. 

I know of one guy in particular that is virtually guaranteed to do just that, if he hasn’t blown his wad already when Daniels gets put up. Very unlikely I get him but if I don’t whoever get him certainly has to pay!

15 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Im not a Giants fan, but also not a blind hater.  I think their winning a playoff game that season was one of the worst things that could have happened in terms of it backing them into a corner regarding signing Jones.  They were a 9 win #6 seed.

The O line playing better has been a narrative for quite a few years now so it's hard to say if they HAVE to play better or not. My Giants fan friends have been saying that the last two seasons. You'd think it has to be true but....

Jones has had plenty of excuses. Some of them rightfully so. But at some point, things like "not enough weapons" isn't really good enough. A good QB would make some of those players around him better. 

If he sucks this year, he gone, rightfully so.  If that happens, it's Shadeur Sanders season in NY.

21 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Vikings could surprise some if Darnold takes any step in improving his game.  They have an okay roster.  

Bears defense did finish strong.   Still doesn't seem like a unit that would strike fear into the better offenses in the league.  But I could be wrong.  Their HC is a defensive guy.  He better get the most out of them.  They will have to run through OCs if they keep him around as HC  and Caleb finds success. 

It's only because the Bears don't have a big bad second pass rusher after Sweat. But if you're in a dynasty IDP, keep an eye on Dexter. He just may turn into Eberflus' wet dream 3 tech guy. 

I'm obviously a Bears fan, and I gotta say, regardless of record this year, even if others deny it, Bear's fans only victory this year will be if Caleb Williams flat out proves he is the guy. From a sports metaphor standpoint, the city fandom simply rests on his shoulders.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

If he sucks this year, he gone, rightfully so.  If that happens, it's Shadeur Sanders season in NY.

A real fan of the NY Football Giants would know that’s never going to happen. Hush little kid, you are clueless 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

A real fan of the NY Football Giants would know that’s never going to happen. Hush little kid, you are clueless 

Why would the Giants never draft Sanders?

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

guttersnot is not even good at watching sports. 😓

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Why would the Giants never draft Sanders?

John Mara is not having  the Deon circus involved in his team. Now get back in your hole. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

John Mara is not having  the Deon circus involved in his team. Now get back in your hole. 

:lol:

Lot of time but right now, I would be hoping someone else drafts Sanders before the Giants pick.   I happen to like Beck and few others more.

6 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Not just better be competent.   Agter that season I was like what do you do?   He was ok but not rhe reason he got there.   Hes so replaceable with a filler starter and achieve the same or better.  Dan jones isnt a young guy.  We see guys out of no where a lot.  But hes proven that his ceiling is meh.   If he couldnt scramble and run he would be a crappy end backup.  

I totally think Giants wasted a pick by surrounding him with crap.  Oline crap.  Wrs crap.  Got waller late.  Then retires.  Packers got lucky thry tried to trade for Waller twice.  Jones may still suck but its a waste of time that way.

The Bears as much as I hate them are trying hard.   If Caleb sucks he sucks but he was the guy for 2 years.    And they surrounded him with ability.   Oline I feel is still not sure.   But adequate not the worst.   If he fails hes just not it.  Id rather take that chance.  Totally understand it hit perfect and thry saw Fields out and got a haul fot Young.   Good on them.  A rare good move.  We will see what Caleb is about.  

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

Not just better, be competent.   After that season I was like what do you do?   He was ok but not rhe reason he got there.   Hes so replaceable with a filler starter and achieve the same or better.  Dan jones isnt a young guy.  We see guys out of no where a lot.  But hes proven that his ceiling is meh.   If he couldnt scramble and run he would be a crappy end backup.  

I totally think Giants wasted a pick by surrounding him with crap.  Oline crap.  Wrs crap.  Got waller late.  Then retires.  Packers got lucky thry tried to trade for Waller twice.  Jones may still suck but its a waste of time that way.

The Bears as much as I hate them are trying hard.   If Caleb sucks he sucks but he was the guy for 2 years.    And they surrounded him with ability.   Oline I feel is still not sure.   But adequate not the worst.   If he fails hes just not it.  Id rather take that chance.  Totally understand it hit perfect and thry saw Fields out and got a haul fot Young.   Good on them.  A rare good move.  We will see what Caleb is about.  

Daboll seems like a dipsh1t and Schoen looks a little lost 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The Giants will continue to suck.

How many games you think they win this year?

4 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Daboll seems like a dipsh1t and Schoen looks a little lost 

I've hung out with schoen, he's really smart.  Never met daboll but know people that have and say he's a genuine dude.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

I've hung out with schoen, he's really smart.  Never met daboll but know people that have and say he's a genuine dude.

He may be a genuine dipsh1t but he’s still a dipsh1t.

As for Schoen, I’m just saying he seems a little in over his head. Too green/young is the way I’d put it 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Tough to say- Their schedule is kind of middle of the road and I think you almost always have to assume splits in division games. So I'll give them 3 wins there and then say they probably beat Minnesota and Carolina. Perhaps Indy or Atlanta as well. I think they go 6-11, maybe 7-10.

The secondary isn't good and that means there is a lot of pressure on Burns and Thibs to get home. I do think Nabers is the real deal but Jones is too spotty at QB and I think they need to move on from him after this year

17 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Tough to say- Their schedule is kind of middle of the road and I think you almost always have to assume splits in division games. So I'll give them 3 wins there and then say they probably beat Minnesota and Carolina. Perhaps Indy or Atlanta as well. I think they go 6-11, maybe 7-10.

The secondary isn't good and that means there is a lot of pressure on Burns and Thibs to get home. I do think Nabers is the real deal but Jones is too spotty at QB and I think they need to move on from him after this year

FanDuel has 6.5.  I'm smashing the over.

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Looking at their schedule I would say 5 or 6.  

4 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

FanDuel has 6.5.  I'm smashing the over.

You should join the win total pool we are doing.