Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

ESPY Awards 2024: Serena Williams roasts Harrison Butker

She literally does not see the irony of retiring to have a family and calling out Butker. She also does not see the irony of blasting someone's views and then insisting no one can do that to yours(because her view is right of course)

9 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

She literally does not see the irony of retiring to have a family and calling out Butker. She also does not see the irony of blasting someone's views and then insisting no one can do that to yours(because her view is right of course)

I also “literally do not see the irony of retiring to have a family and calling out Butker.”

I also don’t see a video or link or anything?

If nobody watched, did it really happen?

• Haha 4

https://sports.yahoo.com/live/espy-awards-2024-serena-williams-roasts-harrison-butker-steve-gleason-receives-standing-ovation-230002099.html

The 2024 ESPYs had a lot of awards, an abrupt ending for many and some interesting moments, with some of the latter coming straight from host Serena Williams.

The tennis legend definitely seemed to be having fun cracking Caitlin Clark jokes in the opening monologue and singing a song dedicated to friend/rival Maria Sharapova, but the spiciest moment of the night came from a segment alongside her sister Venus Williams and "Abbott Elementary" star Quinta Brunson.

The trio delivered a tongue-in-cheek seminar on how fans can embrace the rising world of women's sports, and went for the throat while doing so. At one point, they told fans they could call the athletes "athlete," "champion" or even "dumbass," but they said in unison ""Just don't use the b-word." The line was a clear call-out of ESPN's own Pat McAfee, who apologized for calling Clark a "white b**** from Indiana."

Then the group ended it with Venus urging fans to enjoy women's sports as just sports. Serena's response: "Except you, Harrison Butker. We don't need you." Brunson's addition: "At all, like ever."

2 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

If nobody watched, did it really happen?

I have not watched since they gave the arthur ashe award to bruce jenner for having the "courage" to let everyone see he is mentally ill. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, kilroy69 said:

I have not watched since they gave the arthur ashe award to bruce jenner for having the "courage" to let everyone see he is mentally ill. 

It, it is mentally ill. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/live/espy-awards-2024-serena-williams-roasts-harrison-butker-steve-gleason-receives-standing-ovation-230002099.html

The 2024 ESPYs had a lot of awards, an abrupt ending for many and some interesting moments, with some of the latter coming straight from host Serena Williams.

The tennis legend definitely seemed to be having fun cracking Caitlin Clark jokes in the opening monologue and singing a song dedicated to friend/rival Maria Sharapova, but the spiciest moment of the night came from a segment alongside her sister Venus Williams and "Abbott Elementary" star Quinta Brunson.

The trio delivered a tongue-in-cheek seminar on how fans can embrace the rising world of women's sports, and went for the throat while doing so. At one point, they told fans they could call the athletes "athlete," "champion" or even "dumbass," but they said in unison ""Just don't use the b-word." The line was a clear call-out of ESPN's own Pat McAfee, who apologized for calling Clark a "white b**** from Indiana."

Then the group ended it with Venus urging fans to enjoy women's sports as just sports. Serena's response: "Except you, Harrison Butker. We don't need you." Brunson's addition: "At all, like ever."

Dang I’m almost sorry I missed it 

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Dang I’m almost sorry I missed it 

Didn't miss much. Just liberals being intolerant of others views.  Happens all the time. 

5 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Didn't miss much. Just liberals being intolerant of others views.  Happens all the time. 

I’m not sure I see that here. Butker is free to express his views and women are free to tell him to go fock himself :dunno:

Just now, IGotWorms said:

I’m not sure I see that here. Butker is free to express his views and women are free to tell him to go fock himself :dunno:

When they express their views they 100 percent expect people to be tolerant of those views. 

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

When they express their views they 100 percent expect people to be tolerant of those views. 

Nobody’s stopping Butker from coming back at them.

Well except for probably his agent, his family, his friends, the Chiefs, the NFL and, of course, TSwift 😂

Well except for probably his agent, his family, his friends, the Chiefs, the NFL and, of course, TSwift 😂

So it is ok to bully people you do not share an opinion with because other powerful people have your back. Suppppper tolerant. 

1 minute ago, kilroy69 said:

So it is ok to bully people you do not share an opinion with because other powerful people have your back. Suppppper tolerant. 

Butker could’ve just kept his focking mouth shut.

He chose not to.

Now you’re whining that other people are responding? :huh:

• Like 1

Ok bud. Fire away 😱 

I don't believe in kicking a person when they're down.  It's best you take the L and move to another thread.  :thumbsup:

41 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

She's a focking racist to no end. 

8 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Not true, he's out numbered by numerous mouthy Libs. 

Try winning an argument with a Liberal Woman, good luck 🤞 

Just now, seafoam1 said:

She's a Democrat, that's the cost of doing business for them. 

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't believe in kicking a person when they're down.  It's best you take the L and move to another thread.  :thumbsup:

No I’ll stay right here and defend Serena’s right to say what she wants against the guy saying that Butker has a right to say what he wants :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

No I’ll stay right here and defend Serena’s right to say what she wants against the guy saying that Butker has a right to say what he wants :thumbsup:

Because you're a racist. 

38 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

Classy. Especially that Pygmy. 

Is this the same fat woman who threatened a female line judge ?

“I swear to God I’m… going to take this… ball and shove it down your… throat, you hear that? I swear to God,” 

Should also be considered a hate crime, the line judge was Asian.

8 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Is this the same fat woman who threatened a female line judge ?

“I swear to God I’m… going to take this… ball and shove it down your… throat, you hear that? I swear to God,” 

Should also be considered a hate crime, the line judge was Asian.

She focking overshadowed a young asian girl who beat her in a major tournament even during the trophy presentation because of a line call didn't go her way. 

She is disgusting. 

I.blame the father. I blame the race.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You're gay 

• Haha 2

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

You're gay 

I am choosing to read this in Shane Gillis' voice imitating Donald Trump. 

37 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

She's married and has a child with a white dude.  I don't think she's racist.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

She's married and has a child with a white dude.  I don't think she's racist.

No. He's a black cheerleader. No doubt about that. 

36 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You're gay 

Not for you. Sorry, bud :( 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

I also “literally do not see the irony of retiring to have a family and calling out Butker.”

I also don’t see a video or link or anything?

https://nypost.com/2024/07/11/sports/serena-williams-eviscerates-harrison-butker-at-espys/

All she said was “we don’t need you.”  

Also lol at @kilroy69 saying Williams “retiring to have a family” after a 27 year professional career is at all comparable to what Butker’s “views” are

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

https://nypost.com/2024/07/11/sports/serena-williams-eviscerates-harrison-butker-at-espys/

All she said was “we don’t need you.”  

Also lol at @kilroy69 saying Williams “retiring to have a family” after a 27 year professional career is at all comparable to what Butker’s “views” are

She could come back RIGHT NOW and play at a high level. Do not give me that bullshitt. She retired to have a family and is now slamming someone who tells women it is ok to just be a mom 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

She could come back RIGHT NOW and play at a high level. Do not give me that bullshitt. She retired to have a family and is not slamming someone who tells women it is ok to just be a mom 

lol, he did much more than “tell women it is ok to just be a mom.”  He said just “just being a mom” (homemaker) was “one of the most important titles of all”

Serena Williams had a career outside of being a mom and accomplished pretty much everything there was to accomplish in it, and because of her career is going to be able to financially support her family likely for generations to come.  She is not a homemaker

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

lol, he did much more than “tell women it is ok to just be a mom.”  He said just “just being a mom” (homemaker) was the “most important title of all”

Serena Williams had a career outside of being a mom and accomplished pretty much everything there was to accomplish in it, and because of her career is going to be able to financially support her family likely for generations to come.  She is not a homemaker

Huh?  Why do you hate mothers?  Being a mother isn't the important title?  We hear about it ALL the time how motherhood is the most difficult job in the world.

Money can't buy you happiness.

2 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Huh?  Why do you hate mothers?  Being a mother isn't the important title?  We hear about it ALL the time how motherhood is the most difficult job in the world.

Same people that actively vote for aborting kids. 

6 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Butker didn’t say being a mother is one of the most important titles, he said being a HOMEMAKER is the one of the most important titles.  A homemaker is not just a mother, it is a stay-at-home mother

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Butker didn’t say being a mother is the most important title, he said being a HOMEMAKER is the most important title.  A homemaker is not just a mother, it is a stay-at-home mother

Hmmm...YOu specifically cited "being a mom" and put "homeaker" in parenthesis which implies YOU added that, not Butker.  So which is it?

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Hmmm...YOu specifically cited "being a mom" and put "homeaker" in parenthesis which implies YOU added that, not Butker.  So which is it?

No liar, I cited “JUST being a mom.”  Key word being “just.”

Same fools , Tim Hack included, that would be ok with a trans testicle playing tennis with the women and sharing a shower after the match.