Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Lucid Raises the Bar with World's Most Efficient Car Achieving Landmark 5.0 miles/kWh and Record 146 MPGe

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lucid-raises-bar-worlds-most-130000389.html

The new 2025 Lucid Air Pure is the most efficient and thus most sustainable vehicle made, with 420 miles of EPA-estimated range, a powerful new infotainment processor, and heat pump as standard, still priced from just $69,900.

NEWARK, Calif., July 16, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- Lucid Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: LCID), maker of the world's most advanced electric vehicles, today announced updates for the 2025 model year that further raise the bar, enabling a landmark 5.0 miles per kilowatt hour of energy and record 146 MPGe EPA rating for the Air Pure. The heat pump first employed on Lucid Sapphire now becomes standard across the lineup, improving real-world range, while a powerful new infotainment processor provides improved user experience.

:wub: 

Math help needed, I suppose.

Here, it costs $0.30 per kwh to charge on city chargers.  So, this car can go 5 miles for $0.30 cents.

Battery capacity is 84 kwh.  Here, the city chargers are mostly level 2 chargers.  City calculator says 1.5 to 3 hours to charge.

If gas is $4/gal, and a gas car gets 20 mpg, 1 mile costs $0.20...5 miles would cost $1.

At 30 mpg, the $4/gal gas car costs $0.13 per mile...or $0.65 for 5 miles. 

At 60 mpg, the $4/gal gas car costs $0.30 for 5 miles, the same as the electric car.

At $3/gal, the gas car goes 5 miles for $0.30 at 50 mpg.

It seems the equivalent mpg at today's gas prices is just under or around 50, not 146.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BudBro said:

Math help needed, I suppose.

Here, it costs $0.30 per kwh to charge on city chargers.  So, this car can go 5 miles for $0.30 cents.

Battery capacity is 84 kwh.  Here, the city chargers are mostly level 2 chargers.  City calculator says 1.5 to 3 hours to charge.

If gas is $4/gal, and a gas car gets 20 mpg, 1 mile costs $0.20...5 miles would cost $1.

At 30 mpg, the $4/gal gas car costs $0.13 per mile...or $0.65 for 5 miles. 

At 60 mpg, the $4/gal gas car costs $0.30 for 5 miles, the same as the electric car.

At $3/gal, the gas car goes 5 miles for $0.30 at 50 mpg.

It seems the equivalent mpg at today's gas prices is just under or around 50, not 146.

Really depends on your electricity and gas cost.  I pay 13.5 cents per kWh, and gas is around $4.70.    At those prices, the Lucid costs 2.7 cents per mile, and a gas car needs to get around 174 mpg to achieve the same cost.    

8 minutes ago, gas said:

Really depends on your electricity and gas cost.  I pay 13.5 cents per kWh, and gas is around $4.70.    At those prices, the Lucid costs 2.7 cents per mile, and a gas car needs to get around 174 mpg to achieve the same cost.    

Right.  Home electricity is 14 cents.  But, traveling wouldn't allow home access.  It would also take a full day or 2 days to charge at home.

Man, you're still at $4.70?  That stinks. 

On 7/16/2024 at 1:12 PM, BudBro said:

Right.  Home electricity is 14 cents.  But, traveling wouldn't allow home access.  It would also take a full day or 2 days to charge at home.

Man, you're still at $4.70?  That stinks. 

Yes, paying for charging on the road will increase the cost considerably.   But I’d guess around 80-90% of my driving is done within 40 miles of my house, so all of that can be on the home charger.   

And yes, $4.70 stinks.   Costco gas is around $4, so I try to gas up there.  

Electric cars are bad for the enviroment.

16 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

And gay

21 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Electric cars are better for the environment than gas cars.

2 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Do you hold LCID shares ?

too many

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gas said:

love your answer + user name

Im into electric cars for the cool tech

2 hours ago, gas said:

Incorrect. 
Think copper and lithium.  ywia

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gas said:

Until it's time to replace the battery. 

29 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Incorrect. 
Think copper and lithium.  ywia

Still better for the environment than a gas car.  
ywia

27 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Until it's time to replace the battery. 

Still better than a gas car. 

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

false, hybrid are the best cars

So, a car that has a battery and burns gas is the best car for the environment?   That’s a really stupid hot take.  

3 minutes ago, gas said:

Still better than a gas car. 

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

false, hybrid are the best cars

The reality of hybrid cars is that they only run on the electric battery at 30 mph or less.  That's just driving-around-the-neighborhood speeds.  Most commuter speeds are above 40 or 45 mph, making it a mostly ice vehicle.

😆 $71K starting price. If I'm spending $71k I'm not buying that lameass looking car. Pretty sure if you can afford $71k for a car, you could care less about MPG.

I plan on buying a replacement truck next year when the economy completely tanks and they are virtually giving away cars & trucks.

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

😆 $71K starting price. If I'm spending $71k I'm not buying that lameass looking car. Pretty sure if you can afford $71k for a car, you could care less about MPG.

I plan on buying a replacement truck next year when the economy completely tanks and they are virtually giving away cars & trucks.

people like luxury, you likely have no idea what that is. 

do you buy new truck nuts for the new truck or do you transfer?

2 hours ago, gas said:

So, a car that has a battery and burns gas is the best car for the environment?   That’s a really stupid hot take.  

So a car that uses lithium which destroys the environment and can never be recycled that uses oil to power in is good for the environment 

1 hour ago, BudBro said:

The reality of hybrid cars is that they only run on the electric battery at 30 mph or less.  That's just driving-around-the-neighborhood speeds.  Most commuter speeds are above 40 or 45 mph, making it a mostly ice vehicle.

True but my truck gets 41 mpg. I like it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Someone in my town in MA before I moved to Florida had a Lucid . Pretty bad azz looking car. The top end model is over 200k :lol: . Cool car but what a waste of $$$

18 hours ago, lod001 said:

Yep, this guy gets it. Could've got a GT-R but instead they're riding around on a mobile 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

let me know when they can make one run on piss.

ewwww

Saw one of them Musk Trucks.

I bet Delorian sent him a case of steaks. 

Dumbest car I've ever seen. 

21 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Saw one of them Musk Trucks.

I bet Delorian sent him a case of steaks. 

Dumbest car I've ever seen. 

For some reason the people who design the look of cars are all retarded, regardless of car maker. They designed that POS and lame looking cars. THIS is what they could design and sell thousands times what they are selling with their current ugly bland lame models.