Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Second WR Question: Houston WR’S

6 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

I do not and Dell is more of a gut feeling.  It sounds like CJ and Diggs are really clicking early in camp. Who knows what is going to happen?

Yea. I know others have thoughts that it’s a matter of time until Diggs loses his cool, I don’t.  

Clicking with Stroud isn’t making the situation clearer.  

18 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

My issue with Mixon was he was terrible last year. Pure volume saved him.

Very true.  There are three big-name Rbs with bad metrics and going to new teams: Barkley, Mixon and Jacobs.

"They'll do better, that prior team sucked."  We shall see.  I'm skeptical with all of 'em.

3 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Very true.  There are three big-name Rbs with bad metrics and going to new teams: Barkley, Mixon and Jacobs.

"They'll do better, that prior team sucked."  We shall see.  I'm skeptical with all of 'em.

All of them have had very heavy volume over their careers. Red flag for sure 

4 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

well,  I use metrics.   They can be very useful, but metrics are not everything.    Sometimes the metrics are a read on the run game as a whole moreso than the player specifically.

what complicates things is when the line isnt good and /or the starting QB misses significant time.

some of these issue affected all of these RB.   when this happens you need to use the eye test.   That will tell you if the player is doing the things they need to do or if the run was bad due to subpar line play etc.

Volume is a big friend in ff. 

Interesting stat I stumbled across...  '23 Wr most broken tackles

1) Collins... 16

2) Hill, Samuel...12

4) Lamb... 11

5) St. Brown, Diggs, Wilson... 10

8)) DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Flowers... 9

Some really big names on that list and Collins bested them all by a wide margin.

Not really that big of a surprise, Collins is the biggest of all those listed, I do believe. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Not really that big of a surprise, Collins is the biggest of all those listed, I do believe. 

Yep, 6'4". The closest on the list 6'2" Lamb. Still impressive. He's a big easy target with a huge catch radius. Reliable hands too.

His 40-yd dash time of 4.45 is also impressive for a dude that size. Faster than Lamb, St. Brown, Deebo, and AJ Brown.

Fast and big makes him a nightmare for those DBs. 

On 7/16/2024 at 2:38 PM, wolves111 said:

In addition to the SF situation the Texans receiver fantasy implications are draft making or draft killing decisions. Collins going round three and Dell a couple rounds later. Both possible #2 wrs along with Diggs. Only one football as they say but I’m beginning to consider other options.

Dells as a #3 ok but Collins round three I’m leery. And then there’s Diggs and Schultz. Throw in Mixon and there’s just to much talent.

This is Tampa 2021.  All 3 will be productive... solid #2's when they're all there.  If one gets hurt, the two healthy ones will be WR1 candidates every week.

First 6 Weeks: Evans WR14, Brown WR15, Godwin WR22
Week 7-15: Godwin WR4, Evans WR11

*Godwin tore his ACL week 15, Evans had a hamstring injury Week 16, Brown went nuts Week 17.

To note, Tampa threw the ball 721 times that year.  No, I don't think Stroud throws the ball that many times... but, they don't have a "Gronkowski" either.  Houston did throw the ball almost 600 times last year.  I think 600+ is definitely in the cards.  I'd say 625 is probably the ceiling.

• Like 1

July 29 update...

Houston Texans running back Joe Mixon  (hamstring) remained absent from Monday's training camp practice. Mixon has missed more than a week now with his hamstring injury, which has allowed backup Dameon Pierce extra repetitions after a disappointing sophomore campaign in Houston. There are no indications that Mixon's injury will put him in danger of missing the start of the 2024 regular season.

And so it begins.  :ninja:

Collins breakout wasn't a fluke, he's the real deal. He was dominating corners and winning every 50/50 ball. 

He's highway robbery at his ADP IMO. 

Collins ADP is basically a wr1, I don’t see highway robbery, for a wr1.  But with the Diggs and Dell that might be to high, I’m not interested. Wr2 I’m in.  

3 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Collins breakout wasn't a fluke, he's the real deal.

Recently read this interesting stat about last year:

Collins was targeted 12 times on passes of 20+ yards... caught 11.

Diggs was targeted 16 times on passes of 20+ yards... caught 4.

:ninja:

That’s CollIns game, he’s a big fast wr.