Sign in to follow this  
MLCKAA

Windows outage

Ooof!

My boss called me at 4:20 this morning asking me if I could go in to work to make sure everything was running OK. There were already people here in my building when I got here, and all the important stuff was running fine. I'll stay another 45 minutes or so, then I've got a free day off for my troubles. :thumbsup:

Yet another example of why tossing all your eggs into that cloud basket can be very risky. The only systems affected for us were our hosted solutions. Everything onprem was good. 

• Thanks 1

We have a team trying to help some agencies with this.  CrowdStrike pushed an update that is causing blue screens.....   on a call with thier tech support, listening in.

I dealt w about 8 random BSODs yesterday.  I was up until 2am waiting for a memory scan to finish as I knew IT help desk would probably do that first thing.

I was relieved to wake up to the news that Crowdstrike focked up, as those dipshi1ts are part of the corporate image on our laptops.

So what's the difference between an evil computer virus taking down systems globally and an anti-virus software company taking down systems globally with a "bad update"? 🤔

2 hours ago, shovelheadt said:

Yet another example of why tossing all your eggs into that cloud basket can be very risky. The only systems affected for us were our hosted solutions. Everything onprem was good. 

Same for us.  On prem is fine but some of the stuff that we rely on outside vendors for was impacted.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I hate the cloud.

Me too.  And it's more expensive.  I don't get it.  Of course, I have a rack in my basement and host all my own sh*t so I may be a little biased. 

Thankfully the hamsters that keep this sh1t hole up and running don't use Crowdstrike 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Me too.  And it's more expensive.  I don't get it.  Of course, I have a rack in my basement and host all my own sh*t so I may be a little biased. 

My servers are all on premise, even the VMware fiasco will not change my mind.

We had a crew get stuck in Atlanta. They were able to rent a box van and are driving back now.  

My Company sent an email and text early this morning that stated: 

currently experiencing technical difficulties due to a global outage impacting certain Microsoft Services.