Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

Kamala Harris for President thread

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Why would you expect anything less? 🌈 

She’s a very serious person. 

12 minutes ago, squistion said:

Go find the Colin Kaepernick thread in the PSF where several folks kept pointing out that Kaep was "half white" and that disqualified him for protesting injustice against blacks or African Americans

I don't know anything about a random thread on a defunct message board. I do know some people asked why he complained considering how much white people did for him. Nothing about him being half white and being a voice for black people.

On 7/24/2024 at 10:26 AM, thegeneral said:

A “colored” sorority…yikes!

Did that dipsh1t Lawrence Jones say anything? 😂

44 minutes ago, Strike said:

No one said that about Kappy.

Please don't upset him

3 hours ago, zsasz said:

It's not neccessarily about Kamala. It's about Trump. It's always been about Trump.  That's why Joe Biden was still going to make this a tight race.  Because it was about Donald Trump. He's insanely popular. He's insanely unpopular. 

Now that Kamala's in it; she actually gives a sliver of "Maybe this isn't JUST about Trump" jumpstart to the Democratic Party and the Anti-Trump Contingency of the Voting Public.  She'll appeal a little bit more to women just because she's a woman. She'll appeal to people of color simply because she's a person of color. She'll appeal to younger voters because in an election cycle in which the ages of the candidates has been at the forefront...she's the much younger candidate.  

ETA: And that jibes with basically I've been saying for the past two years. If the Republicans nominated anyone other than Donald Trump....they would have won the elction running away. Hell, I'd probably even say right now that if Trump dropped out and Vance replaced him(with Trumps good graces of course)....he'd win.

I don't disagree with the premise of this.

There is an old axiom that whoever the election is a referendum about, that person will lose.  That is why the Left has a platform with basically one item:  Trump is bad.  Unfortunately for them, they couldn't hide Biden's cognitive collapse any more, so it became a referendum on Biden.  Now they are swinging it back on Trump, or trying to anyway.

We can agree to disagree on the impact on black women voters.  I don't think Ru Paul endorsements or fake ebonics are going to endear her to that crowd.  But, some black women will vote for her simply because she is black-ish.

I agree on the younger voters.  The biggest uptick should be in getting young voters to bother to vote.  Which, frankly, I kinda wish they didn't, because they have no life experiences and think things like Hamas is a victim.  But that's a different topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

She’s a very serious person. 

H. RES. 1371

Strongly condemning the Biden Administration and its Border Czar, Kamala Harris’s, failure to secure the United States border.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
July 22, 2024

Ms. Stefanik (for herself, Mr. Dunn of Florida, Mr. Lopez, and Mr. Bost) submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Homeland Security, and in addition to the Committee on the Judiciary, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

RESOLUTION

Strongly condemning the Biden Administration and its Border Czar, Kamala Harris’s, failure to secure the United States border.

Whereas, on March 24, 2021, President Biden asked Vice President Kamala Harris to serve as the administration’s border czar in charge of: working to address the “root causes” of illegal immigration into the United States;

Whereas it took Vice President Kamala Harris 93 days as the border czar before finally visiting the southern border on June 25, 2021;

Whereas when Vice President Kamala Harris traveled near the southern border for the first time on June 25, 2021, she decided to travel to El Paso, Texas, 800 miles away from the lower Rio Grande; 

Whereas former United States Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz stated that during his two years in the position, “I’ve never had one conversation with the president [Biden] or the vice president [Harris], for that matter. I was the Chief of the Border Patrol, I commanded 21,000 people. That’s a problem.”;

Whereas current United States Border Patrol Chief Jason Owens stated that Vice President Kamala Harris has not spoken with him since he was appointed in July 2023; 

Whereas, since Joe Biden and Kamala Harris took office, there have been over 9.7 million illegal immigrant encounters nationwide; 

Whereas, since Joe Biden and Kamala Harris took office, there have been over 7.9 million illegal immigrant encounters at the United States southern border;

Whereas, since Joe Biden and Kamala Harris took office, there have been roughly 2 million known gotaways who evaded the United States Border Patrol;

Whereas this number represents more known gotaways than in the previous decade combined;

Whereas, in May 2024, there were 170,723 illegal immigrant encounters at the United States southern border, a 185 percent increase from the average May encounter total under President Trump;

Whereas May 2024 was the 39th straight month where monthly illegal immigrant encounters have been higher than even the highest month seen under President Trump;

Whereas illegal immigrants with violent criminal histories who have murdered innocent Americans like Laken Riley, Jocelyn Nungary, Rachel Morin, and others throughout the United States, pose an existential threat to the safety and security of the American people;

Whereas, in June 2024, NBC News reported that over 50 illegal immigrants with ties to ISIS were on the loose in the United States after having been released by the Biden administration;

Whereas, during the Biden administration, over 350 of these individuals whose names appear on the terrorist watch list were stopped trying to cross the southern border;

Whereas, to date in fiscal year 2024, there have been a record-breaking 31,077 Communist Chinese nationals encountered at the southwest border;

Whereas the Biden border crisis is costing the United States approximately $150.7 billion each year and each taxpayer $1,156 each year;

Whereas, in May 2024, the Committee on Homeland Security Republicans released documents showing the Biden administration secretly flew over 400,000 illegal immigrants into the country; and

Whereas President Biden’s and Border Czar Harris’s far left Democrat open border policies are to blame for this historic crisis, and in August 2022, Biden and his administration decided to make the border crisis significantly worse by formally ending former President Trump’s successful Remain in Mexico program: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved, That the House of Representatives—

(1) strongly condemns the Biden Administration and its Border Czar, Kamala Harris’s, failure to secure the United States border;

(2) affirms that the American people deserve elected officials who understand the gravity of the crisis at the border and who will execute the policies to fix the border crisis; and

(3) clearly and firmly states that the continuation of the Biden, Harris border policies would be disastrous for both the United States and the American people.

• Thanks 1

Kamala has now given 3 speeches since she became the presumptive Democratic nominee. She has become an excellent speech maker. Her cadences are superb, her delivery outstanding. It’s simply amazing to me how well she’s doing. 

Of course there will be tough moments ahead. There will be interviews and debates (hopefully) and she will have to answer some tough questions. But for now she has exceeded every expectation.

I know that some of you guys think I am on a love fest here, I am trolling, ignoring the polling from even a week ago that has her unpopular, etc. But I’m telling you guys things have changed. This is Barack Obama in 2008, and Ronald Reagan in 1980. That is honestly what I’m seeing here. I’ve been assuming for months that Democrats best chance was for this election to be a rejection of Donald Trump. But it’s moving beyond that to an acceptance of Kamala Harris.  

2 hours ago, squistion said:

Two words should do it "Trump Presidency"

Looking at voter registration (which I posted elsewhere) the number of young people so far who have registered has been very promising.

6 states are all that matters. 

44 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Kamala has now given 3 speeches since she became the presumptive Democratic nominee. She has become an excellent speech maker. Her cadences are superb, her delivery outstanding. It’s simply amazing to me how well she’s doing. 

Of course there will be tough moments ahead. There will be interviews and debates (hopefully) and she will have to answer some tough questions. But for now she has exceeded every expectation.

I know that some of you guys think I am on a love fest here, I am trolling, ignoring the polling from even a week ago that has her unpopular, etc. But I’m telling you guys things have changed. This is Barack Obama in 2008, and Ronald Reagan in 1980. That is honestly what I’m seeing here. I’ve been assuming for months that Democrats best chance was for this election to be a rejection of Donald Trump. But it’s moving beyond that to an acceptance of Kamala Harris.  

😆

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

This is the same crap you said about Hitlery.  Get some new material.

I’m trying not to be too giddy here…but another great statement by Kamala, this time on Israel. Somehow she has managed to to the near impossible: I think she is going to gain back almost all of the Muslim vote that Biden lost without losing any Jewish support. Amazing. 

17 minutes ago, Strike said:

This is the same crap you said about Hitlery.  Get some new material.

Lol no I certainly didn’t. I never said Hillary was a great speaker. In fact she was an awful speaker. 

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lol no I certainly didn’t. I never said Hillary was a great speaker. In fact she was an awful speaker. 

She was never so incredible that she made you cry?

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m trying not to be too giddy here…but another great statement by Kamala, this time on Israel. Somehow she has managed to to the near impossible: I think she is going to gain back almost all of the Muslim vote that Biden lost without losing any Jewish support. Amazing. 

Trump came out a bit after and basically copied her statement. This is pretty wild.

8 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

This is a lie

I agree the orange one will debate. If he doesn’t you will have to admit this is the biggest puss move he could pull tho, right?

13 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

This is a lie

I sure hope so. I really want to see them debate as she will wipe the floor with him. But he seems to be looking for a way out…

I just have this weird feeling that even after The delegates choose Kamala (unanimously I would guess) Trump will argue that the whole process was illegitimate (he’s already saying this) and that therefore he can’t debate her because there is no official candidate for the Democrats. And when he loses the election this will be his excuse as to how the election was stolen from him. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I sure hope so. I really want to see them debate as she will wipe the floor with him. But he seems to be looking for a way out…

LOL.  You didn't learn jack from your Hillary Clinton boasting.  And she was more popular than Kamaltoe as hard as that is to believe.

Debates are pointless anyway and only good for a few laughs.  Both candidates will spend 80% of the time attacking the other one, 19% of the time lying, and 1% possibly talking about their own policy which is full of sh!t anyway.  They will say something like "I will create 1 gazillion jobs" and their tribe will immediately ejaculate to it even though they never talk about how they are actually going to do that because they can't.   But go ahead and have a hissy fit about a debate that is two months away.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

Debates are pointless anyway and only good for a few laughs.  Both candidates will spend 80% of the time attacking the other one, 19% of the time lying, and 1% possibly talking about their own policy which is full of sh!t anyway.  They will say something like "I will create 1 gazillion jobs" and their tribe will immediately ejaculate to it even though they never talk about how they are actually going to do that because they can't.   But go ahead and have a hissy fit about a debate that is two months away.

Ask Biden if he thinks debates are pointless or Dukakis or Dan Quayle. Probably a bunch more.

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Ask Biden if he thinks debates are pointless or Dukakis or Dan Quayle. Probably a bunch more.

Sure if you're a ret@rded vegetable.  

6 minutes ago, BrahmaBulls said:

Sure if you're a ret@rded vegetable.  

Trump talks about sharks, golf and nonsense 😂

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

Trump talks about sharks, golf and nonsense 😂

Congrats?

1 minute ago, BrahmaBulls said:

Congrats?

He’s def sloppy and it’s not like he’s getting better with age. People will definitely want to see him debate Kamala.

Worst President in history at the time, Jimmy Carter's Vice President was Walter Mondale. Mondale lost the general election of 1984 to Ronald Reagan by 49 states to 1.

Joe Biden replaced Jimmy Carter or tied, as the worst President in the history of the United States. His V.P. Kamala Harris is running against a former President in Trump who has huge momentum. 

Trump has a good opportunity and the skills to have a moment in the debate(s) with Kamala to finish her off before the voting even begins. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Worst President in history at the time, Jimmy Carter's Vice President was Walter Mondale. Mondale lost the general election of 1984 to Ronald Reagan by 49 states to 1.

Joe Biden replaced Jimmy Carter or tied, as the worst President in the history of the United States. His V.P. Kamala Harris is running against a former President in Trump who has huge momentum. 

Trump has a good opportunity and the skills to have a moment in the debate(s) with Kamala to finish her off before the voting even begins. 

There is no measure that Joe Biden is the worse prex of all time. Crazy talk.

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

There is no measure that Joe Biden is the worse prex of all time. Crazy talk.

1. out of control inflation

2. unsecured border

3. major wars

Biden has failed at the economy and the nation's security. Those are the two most important things the President is responsible for.

8 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

2. unsecured border

3. major wars

Biden has failed at the economy and the nation's security. Those are the two most important things the President is responsible for.

He took over and the place was wrecked. The economy is doing very well. This isn’t in some vacuum. It is growing faster than Trump’s last quarter before Covid. There are millionaires everywhere, record low unemployment. Infrastructure bill passed, CHIP act passed. 

This is a stupid convo.

16 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

2. unsecured border

3. major wars

If wars and a focked up economy are your measurements of a bad Prez you may want to check out GWB 😂😂😂

15 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

What you are witnessing here are the ramblings of a deranged individual who spends all day watching pundits on left wing news channels. 

This is like Obama? Nobody knew who Obama even was before he ran. These communists can’t memory-hole this complete disaster for the Democrats. She has a very public record of insanely dumb comments, a prior presidential run, and in administration policy positions like put in charge of the border as well as all the other far-left positions she has taken over the years. This is going to be a very heavy lift for your ilk. 

• Like 1