Sign in to follow this  
*** 2024 Summer Olympics ***

Starts July 26…

Probably won’t watch much, maybe some hoops (not the men) and field hockey…

I love the olympics, the more obscure the sport, the better.  I'll be streaming that shiot all day every day. :thumbsup:

Sweet…. I have never been a fan of the events where a judge determines your score…. 

3 hours ago, posty said:

Sweet…. I have never been a fan of the events where a judge determines your score…. 

All things considered I prefer an objective score/winner, but I still enjoy the athleticism of sports like gymnastics and diving. :cheers:

I've never gotten into olympic basketball, since I see it all the time in the NBA and college.  Although it's funny to see players for the other team ask our players for autographs. :D

6 hours ago, posty said:

Many many years ago, in the OLimpdicks they had to rule out the top score and the bottom score because Russian judges were giving their people high scores. I am sure many others were as well. That is all well and good, but I think they should have 5 judges and take out the 2 high and the 2 low scores. one score is good. 

Will watch:  Track and Field, most the running events which are boring to some, but it was what I did and still find it exciting,  basketball, tennis, maybe golf. If I hear of interesting story I might check it out in other events, like when Phelps was dominating I would check out swimming. 

I’ll watch. It for a lot of sports. Wemens gymnastics for sure. Sycronized swimming, diving, and quite a few more.

Just now, BunnysBastatrds said:

I’ll watch. It for a lot of sports. Wemens gymnastics for sure. Sycronized swimming, diving, and quite a few more.

Are you focking kidding me? This has to be one of the worst events to watch . 

4 hours ago, edjr said:

Are you focking kidding me? This has to be one of the worst events to watch . 

Phag…

On 7/22/2024 at 1:45 AM, posty said:

Its really the only way these events can be scored by their nature. If they don't do it this way, you don't see them at all.

There's no speed/timer or nothing to count, which, it seems spoils it for you but I don't mind. As a layman, and not an expert, I find that I can get in the groove of it myself and reasonably estimate a score before the judges' official score is revealed. So I don't feel like it's corrupted except for that 1988 boxing match of the US guy vs the South Korean. To his credit, the guy who won that gold has spent the time since 1988 feeling awful about it, wishes he'd gotten silver instead: https://apnews.com/article/sports-seoul-south-korea-sports-asia-2020-tokyo-olympics-768c6f38b4fb055e973db0db9fc858b2

Always enjoy the Olympics. Love the weird events, the storylines, and people competing to win at this thing they have trained to achieve for years.

Paris will be a great backdrop, think they are doing some cool locations. Opening ceremony with countries floating down the Seine should be very impressive.

America is expected to crush total medals and most medals. Let’s roll!!

Reminder that US soccer plays France at noon PDT today (3PM EDT).  On USA or stream Peacock.

Just wait.  Some of the these unique events will become even worse.  See break dancing and 3 on 3 hoops.  Wtf?

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Just wait.  Some of the these unique events will become even worse.  See break dancing and 3 on 3 hoops.  Wtf?

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Seem as interesting as Equestrian Dressage and Speed Walking 😂

23 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

The 3 on 3 Hoops is fun to watch.  It's just like the pick-up games we used to play, without the make it-take it rule.

18 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I enjoy the rock hard butts on the female athletes.

Ladies hurdles are a fun event. Old joke…

I used to use it at bars “Have ever seen ladies hurdlers? No? This is what it looks like nekkid.”.  So I would pull up my shirt, grab each side of the hairy fat of my belly button, and go up and down three times and then open it up, and do it,three times.,

Is anyone watching the running of the torch? I'm at work and can't see anything. Please let me know what's going on and post links and pics if you can, thanks!

On 7/22/2024 at 4:04 PM, BunnysBastatrds said:

Phag…

I knew this was coming the instant I saw synchronized swimming mentioned :)

:angry:

Just able to catch a bit of this opening. This is very underwhelming 😂

The Chinese set the bar to high a few back with theirs. 

Just caught part of the laser show on the Eiffel Tower that was cool. Pink Floyd vibe

Will check that whole thing out tonight. . 

Celine Dion… I thought she had some sort of condition that she turned into stone or something.

Trannies and mocking Jesus... Great start

• Like 1

Table tennis is fun to watch right now.

The women are wearing leggings instead of skimpy bikinis for beach volleyball.

:mad:

• Sad 1

I’m a big Olympics fan. I look forward to each one of these things. I think it’s because like anything else…I Wanna see an A+ effort or I wanna see an F and just by its nature you have a lot of A+ efforts to watch.

Just asking someone to train for years and to be perfect on one event I just find really fascinating 

and there’s also something kind of neat to see these athletes that you only see once every four years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IndyColtsFan said:

First gold! Men take 400-meter relay in swimming.

This has not been shown on TV or streaming to my knowledge.  So thanks for the spoiler.  :mellow: 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

This has not been shown on TV or streaming to my knowledge.  So thanks for the spoiler.  :mellow: 

I watched it on TV. 

I spoiled your mom.

On 7/27/2024 at 8:52 AM, Cdub100 said:

Trannies and mocking Jesus... Great start

what in the actual fock? fock paris and fock the olympics. insanity. evil evil freaks

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, porkbutt said:

what in the actual fock? fock paris and fock the olympics. insanity. evil evil freaks

Only right-wing religious zealots are turning that scene into mocking Jesus.

First off, it was depicting A PAINTING, and the painting it depicted was the Feast of Dionysus, not the last supper. 

Just plug "bacchanal paiting" into Google, and you'll get a whole bunch of paintings of people feasting at tables.

• Thanks 2

I’m not rooting for all of them. 

31 minutes ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Only right-wing religious zealots are turning that scene into mocking Jesus.

First off, it was depicting A PAINTING, and the painting it depicted was the Feast of Dionysus, not the last supper. 

Just plug "bacchanal paiting" into Google, and you'll get a whole bunch of paintings of people feasting at tables.

Lie.  It was clearly mocking the Last Supper.  The hair color, costumes, even the poses match.  But keep trying Leftist troll.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1