Sign in to follow this  
*** 2024 Summer Olympics ***

If you want to watch exciting wrestling, watch the 2 bronze medal matches at 65kg from this morning (and yes I think it’s stupid that they award 2 bronze medals). 

One was won by NJ native and Northwestern and Rutgers grad but competing for Puerto Rico, Sebastian Rivera:

https://youtu.be/3j91dLAsZd0?si=xJNE8CXRSZy76hzA

These closing ceremonies are, what is the word du jour?

Weird.  :unsure: 

6 hours ago, peenie said:

Because they want to continue to shove all the negative stereotypes and images of black people down our throats as the standard representation of who we are; .
Sha’Carri is on the cover of Vogue with her scandals and hideous tattoos yet this woman is silently winning gold. 
Not only didn’t Ms. Richardson win gold on her own, she didn’t even make it to the 200m finals. The media lens is hyper focused on her, why?!! 
You mean Snoopdog and FlavaFlav are the ONLY black celebs or former athletes you could find to meet and interview Olympians and their parents in Paris? Seriously???

There is an agenda, IMO. 

(truth be told, Snoopdog, often made it more fun and relaxed.)  

Now you’re talking Peenie.  Now ask yourself who “they” is.

By the way - Sha’Carri is alright.  Good hearted kid who’s been through a lot.

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

I can’t bring myself to care about the Olympics anymore. I already had felt there were too many swimming events, for example, that it watered down the whole “medal count” allure. Now we have so many random events just shoved in there. Who cares who wins the most medals when they give them out like party favors?

im sure the fake inclusion champions on this board love it. Breakdancing guys! It belongs in the Olympics ! 😂 

True to a point.  But the track events this year were off the charts spectacular.  And those runners are some of the best people on the planet.  Trust me, I know several of them.

But yeah, the breaking was nonsense if I’m being honest.

55 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Leg lace.   Freestyle has different rules than folkstyle which is what is wrestled in the NCAA, in freestyle you get points just for back exposure but in folkstyle you have to hold them there for 2+ seconds so you wouldn’t see this move in high school/college wrestling.

Unfortunately our men’s freestyle team did not quite perform up to the expectations many had for them, especially with several of the top Russians not in attendance (although there were plenty of Russians in the brackets that transferred to other countries), so the main argument on the wrestling forum I frequent is whether the US should switch to freestyle for high school and college.  

Japan kinda dominated which was unexpected outside of the women’s.  8 gold medals out of 18 weight classes across the 3 styles.

I'd never heard the word "folkstyle" until this post.  That being said, I recognized that there were differences between HS/college wrestling and Olympic freestyle.  I never wrestled competitively but I grew up in rural PA so I did a lot of wrestling in PE, then got into ground fighting later in life.

Anyway... not being in that sphere, my gut reaction is yeah, they should move towards the Olympic freestyle rules.  :thumbsup: 

5 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Would your Wife be happy if you called HIM a broad? 🌈 

She gets me. 

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

I'd never heard the word "folkstyle" until this post.  That being said, I recognized that there were differences between HS/college wrestling and Olympic freestyle.  I never wrestled competitively but I grew up in rural PA so I did a lot of wrestling in PE, then got into ground fighting later in life.

Anyway... not being in that sphere, my gut reaction is yeah, they should move towards the Olympic freestyle rules.  :thumbsup: 

I prefer freestyle.  Love wrestling.  Not sure how you grew up around all that wrestling and never heard of folkstyle.

25 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

I prefer freestyle.  Love wrestling.  Not sure how you grew up around all that wrestling and never heard of folkstyle.

Oh, I wrestled growing up.  Not competitively, but I found out in college that my informal training made me better than a lot of guys who competed in neighboring states.

I just never heard that word.  :dunno: 

13 hours ago, IndyColtsFan said:

The closing ceremony was fantastic!

I thought the part with the gold man and the rings went on far too long. I did appreciate the way France didn't mind being weird and different. 

2 hours ago, peenie said:

♥️ TC

Yup love mission impossible and so many other movies. even though he’s a total scientology wackjob. 

TC and Denzel are pretty close to must watch when it comes to movies 

I'm going thru Olympic withdrawal.  I need to watch some obscure sports.  :( 

On that note, I totally missed the Turkish shooter craze.  Pistol was one event I somehow saw none of.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The boxing broad that has male qualities is now suing Elon Musk and JK Rowling and may add Trump to the lawsuit.  Clearly not looking to make a spectacle of itself and just get rich.  Yay lefties.

Just to further remind you that I was correct!!!!!

Romanian gymnast Ana Bărbosu receives bronze medal after Jordan Chiles stripped of her award

I told you she was better! 

19 minutes ago, nobody said:

Congratulations on being correct!

I'm going need you all to recognize that in the future when you even THINK about telling me I'm wrong.