Sign in to follow this  
Patented Phil

Did We Just Witness a Coup?

JD Vance just launched a whole lot of truth:

Sen. JD Vance (R-OH), the Republican nominee for vice president, told Breitbart News on Monday that Democrat elites ousting President Joe Biden as their party’s presidential nominee just over 100 days before the election is “insanely anti-democratic” and “quite dark.”

Vance, who was announced as GOP presidential nominee former President Donald Trump’s running mate at the Republican National Convention on July 15, said in a phone interview on Monday afternoon before his hometown rally in Middletown, Ohio, that Democrat elites are proving that Democrats are the true threat to democracy in America with this move.

“Whatever we think about Joe Biden — and I certainly don’t like him or like his policies — they effectively removed the president because he became a political liability, and they gave voters no choice in the outcome,” Vance told Breitbart News. “It’s actually quite dark if you think about it: A bunch of billionaires and Democratic politicians getting together in a room, deciding to deprive voters of the choice of who would be the nominee of the Democratic Party. It’s really anti-democratic, and it’s hysterical that after years of saying Republicans are the anti-democracy party, we actually ran a primary. President Trump won the trust and the confidence of Republican voters and the right to represent them on the national stage. Whoever the Democrats ultimately nominate, there is no democratic legitimacy because voters were not consulted. They were never given the opportunity to participate in this process, and I think it’s extraordinarily insulting to them and to everybody to think we could have somebody who has an approximately 50-50 chance of becoming president of the United States who voters have never weighed in on.”

Biden announced on Sunday afternoon he was dropping out of the presidential race after weeks of members of his own party pushing for him to do so in light of his abysmal debate performance against Trump in late June. Biden had won the Democrat nomination earlier in 2024, fending off weak challenges from Rep. Dean Phillips (D-MN) and from author Marianne Williamson. More than 14 million Democrats voted for Biden, and their votes have been erased now with the push to get him out of the race. Vance said if Vice President Kamala Harris wanted to run for president in 2024, she should have run against Biden — and the same with anyone else, for that matter.

“It’s definitionally anti-democracy. If they wanted to run somebody else for president, they should have done what everybody else has to do: Advance a candidate, fundraise for that candidate, get the message out there, try to persuade voters to select that candidate. That is how our process actually works,” Vance told Breitbart News. “What they did instead is they got Barack Obama, George Clooney, and George Soros in a room and decided to toss Biden aside because he was a political liability and try to install somebody else. It’s an insanely elitist and anti-democratic process. I don’t think we’ve ever seen anything like this in the history of our Republic where they have identified a political weakness on the president then threw him aside without giving voters the opportunity to weigh in.”

When Breitbart News noted that Biden is still technically the president even though he stepped down as a candidate in November’s upcoming election, Vance replied that he is “in theory, right?”

Asked what he makes of Biden remaining the president but having no public events scheduled for the upcoming week, Vance said this whole thing is really “creepy.”

“It drives home how creepy it is that Biden hasn’t appeared, and he hasn’t spoken to the country,” Vance said. “He hasn’t shown any sign of life other than to announce that he’s not running for president, and, yeah, I think if you have a guy announce he cannot run for president, you should be asking questions about whether he can serve as president. Look, I don’t know what else you can say about it other than it’s extremely creepy; it’s the Democrat elites trying to control the country without giving voters a chance to decide, and I’m just insulted by that. I’m not a Democratic primary voter, obviously, but I think that if you actually respect voters and you respect the process we have, they should get to make these decisions — not George Soros, George Clooney, and Barack Obama sitting in a smoke-filled room.”

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The answer is no. This story line will die off quickly.

He called into Kamala’s campaign stop today and sounded almost happy about not having to deal with this shet to be honest. 

• Haha 2

Bounce the the incumbent the people voted for for reelection and pick the candidate?????? Ya, that's insurrection, not just a coup

After the attempted assassination didn't work? Yes!

Otherwise, it would still by sharty.

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I would guess that 100% of the folks who are supposedly upset about the people voting for Biden losing their vote did not, in fact, vote for Biden. 

Except for Joe Biden of course.

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I would guess that 100% of the folks who are supposedly upset about the people voting for Biden losing their vote did not, in fact, vote for Biden. 

Take yourself out of the immediate politics of this…. You don’t see the anti-Democratic aspect of this?  No concerns?  

3 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Actually it was 😆

It sounds right up his alley.

This won’t be a topic with anyone outside of his audience by next week. But, I get it being on his show. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

He made the decision himself. I know that spoils your conspiracy fantasies, sorry about that. 

No it doesn't. Could have been the plan all along and Joe could have been in on it - doesn't change the fact that it happened.  :doh:

I don't get why anyone is worked up over this.

1. Biden is refusing the nomination.  What are they supposed to do?  Hold another primary?
  2. The voters are just going to vote for who the party wants them to vote for anyway. 

Per Politico:

“Nancy made clear that they could do this the easy way or the hard way,” said one Democrat familiar with private conversations who was granted anonymity to speak candidly. “She gave them three weeks of the easy way. It was about to be the hard way.”

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

Take yourself out of the immediate politics of this…. You don’t see the anti-Democratic aspect of this?  No concerns?  

I don’t. Registered Democrats  vote for electors. The electors are committed to the candidate the voters chose unless he quits. Then they’re free to vote for who they choose. They’re choosing the vice-President in this case. The vast majority of Democratic voters who voted for Biden want this; I would guess close to 99%. So no I don’t think this is anti-Democratic at all.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

I don't get why anyone is worked up over this.

1. Biden is refusing the nomination.  What are they supposed to do?  Hold another primary?
  2. They voters are just going to vote for who the party wants them to vote for anyway. 

I’m not worked up by it.  At all.  Kamala Harris is unelectable.

But if you look at what happened, it’s kind of focked up.  A few oligarchs and party elders basically forced the nominee out.  Not because he is incapacitated. If that was the case, they’d also force him to resign.  No, they did it simply because they (rightfully) concluded he couldn’t win.  So why even have a Primary process?  Just have the moneybags and party elders pick the candidate 4 months before the election.  Get the media to convince the people it’s the best choice.  People like Tim fall in line and say it’s a democratic process.  Everyone’s happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Registered Democrats vote for whatever will keep them in power. Bunch of douches if you ask me.

• Like 1

Just now, Patented Phil said:

But if you look at what happened, it’s kind of focked up.  A few oligarchs and party elders basically forced the nominee out.  Not because he is incapacitated. If that was the case, they’d also force him to resign.  No, they did it simply because they (rightfully) concluded he couldn’t win.

Why is she unelectable? 

Just now, Patented Phil said:

But if you look at what happened, it’s kind of focked up.  A few oligarchs and party elders basically forced the nominee out.  Not because he is incapacitated. If that was the case, they’d also force him to resign.  No, they did it simply because they (rightfully) concluded he couldn’t win.

JD Vance seems worked up over it.

Kamala is highly electable.  Abortion all by itself might get her elected.  People be loving them some abortions.

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The vast majority of Democratic voters who voted for Biden want this; I would guess close to 99%.

GTFO. If they held a primary right now Kamala would get 99% of the vote.  Right.  :lol:

You just say stuff without even thinking. 

BTW.....give me one example of when someone didn't get to kill their baby when Trump was in office last time?

2 minutes ago, LaChup said:

BTW.....give me one example of when someone didn't get to kill their baby when Trump was in office last time?

I'm not sure there are examples available of mothers broadcasting that they would've preferred to kill their baby but it was too inconvenient.

36 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The answer is no. This story line will die off quickly.

He called into Kamala’s campaign stop today and sounded almost happy about not having to deal with this shet to be honest. 

Voice actor.  

• Haha 1

It is absolutely fuked up how it went down.  But, the Dem voters are cool with simply electing a cadre to run the presidency, so next to no one will complain. It will be 100% the same outcome if it was Joe or someone else.

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Why is she unelectable? 

In a word, she’s inauthentic.  Americans don’t like phonies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Patented Phil said:

Agreed there.  She needs to work on faking it better like other politicians.

Denied. Trump isn't against abortion, he thinks it should be up to the states. If you want to kill your baby after birth, go to Commifornia. Good try though.

20 minutes ago, LaChup said:

Denied. Trump isn't against abortion, he thinks it should be up to the states. If you want to kill your baby after birth, go to Commifornia. Good try though.

His judges overturned Roe v Wade.  Right or wrong, the lack of dead fetuses is on him in the eyes of the public.

Yes we did.

Congratulations guys. You are ok with killing babies, even after birth. Hope you feel good about your future. Apparently you types like to see more "dead fetuses". Wow!

The same people who run Biden run Kamala. They just changed horses because the first one died.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

😅

30% of America worships the most unauthentic phony lying douche that has ever been in politics

• Like 1