Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Sonya Massey - black woman shot by white police officer in her home

Did you hear about the white man shot by the black cop?

Meh.  I don’t care what color she is and he is.  Crackpot threatened cops with a boiling pot of water.  Looks to me like a classic case of suicide by cop.

Yeah that dude straight up killed her.

Definitely had to be charged.

What a POS.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

What a POS.

Cry me a river liberal boy. She got what she had coming to her. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

What a POS.

Yup, he needs to rot in jail forever. That's straight up murder. 

• Like 1

Presuming she could have flung the boiling water at the cops, a suspect presumption given her size and the distance, the worst the cops would have suffered is some scalding burns.  They were not in danger of losing their lives.  That makes the use of deadly force more than suspect, expecially since they had an unobstructed line of retreat and there were no individuals in immediate danger requiring their continued presence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Presuming she could have flung the boiling water at the cops, a suspect presumption given her size and the distance, the worst the cops would have suffered is some scalding burns.  They were not in danger of losing their lives.  That makes the use of deadly force mmore than suspect, expecially since they had an unobstructed line of retreat and there were no individuals in immediate danger requiring their continued presence.

Well said.

Sad circumstances, needless death.

1 hour ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Yup, he needs to rot in jail forever. That's straight up murder. 

Agreed 

I read that the cop in question was basically a transient cop.  Suggesting he was moving from police dept to police dept....as if he were not a fit.....

Those of us with simple common sense noted that when you assail the police as Democrats have done, there are consequences to that behavior.   As a result, and as we predicted, the police are struggling to recruit.

So alllllll those focking BLM morons have done in their pointless pursuit is make the situation become what they said it was.....when it was not at all that situation....because stupid is as stupid does

• Haha 1

The policeman told her to turn off the water. 

This was preventable. If only the Police were better equipped. 

I've set up a GoFundMe page if anybody wants to help;

#CopRamen.  🍜👮

There are many police failures here, but it isn’t murder.  But there are MANY failures by those two cops.

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

Presuming she could have flung the boiling water at the cops, a suspect presumption given her size and the distance, the worst the cops would have suffered is some scalding burns.  They were not in danger of losing their lives.  That makes the use of deadly force more than suspect, expecially since they had an unobstructed line of retreat and there were no individuals in immediate danger requiring their continued presence.

btw, physical harm is justification, it doesn't have to be considered a threat of life

Why would any cop feel the need to shoot a woman with a pot of water?  Your life is not in danger.  The woman was nuts but shooting her was uncalled for.

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why would any cop feel the need to shoot a woman with a pot of water?  Your life is not in danger.  The woman was nuts but shooting her was uncalled for.

Law enforcement officers and correctional officers of the Department of Justice may use deadly force only when necessary, that is, when the officer has a reasonable belief that the subject of such force poses an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury to the officer or to another person.

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Law enforcement officers and correctional officers of the Department of Justice may use deadly force only when necessary, that is, when the officer has a reasonable belief that the subject of such force poses an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury to the officer or to another person.

I didn't see much danger in the video.  Two officers against one scrawny women and a pot of hot water.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn't see much danger in the video.  Two officers against one scrawny women and a pot of hot water.

Unfortunately, and I genuinely mean that, there’s no way for that officer to know if the water is really boiling.  And he is probably unaware, as most people would be, that the danger to himself from being splashed with boiling water was only superficial epidermal burns.  I only know from work trainings.  Most people would think “ermergerd, it’s gonna melt me like the wicked witch!”

All that said, this is one of the very few scenarios where I will criticize the kill shot.  There was line of sight and opportunity to make a non-lethal shot.  In addition to many other things that warrant criticism here.

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

my ex wife had burns on her foot from hot water, it was pretty crazy what she had to go thru for that, skin graft and all

that being said, I am not condoning what happened, just pointing it out

Killings by police have increased under Biden/ Harris. Where’s the outrage ? 

Just now, MLCKAA said:

Unfortunately, and I genuinely mean that, there’s no way for that officer to know if the water is really boiling.  And he is probably unaware, as most people would be, that the danger to himself from being splashed with boiling water was only superficial epidermal burns.  I only know from work trainings.  Most people would think “ermergerd, it’s gonna melt me like the wicked witch!”

All that said, this is one of the very few scenarios where I will criticize the kill shot.  There was line of sight and opportunity to make a non-lethal shot.  In addition to many other things that warrant criticism here.

The officers had little open skin to be severely burned by the water.  The face would be the obvious concern.  I can't imagine that skinny, coked up women having the strength to even get the water too them.  I mean, it's water, just step back from her and you're safe.

The cop said he would shoot her in the face, he wasn't lying.

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

my ex wife had burns on her foot from hot water, it was pretty crazy what she had to go thru for that, skin graft and all

Burns are serious and I'm not trying to downplay that.  I just don't think these two cops were in serious danger of being burned by her.  The woman probably would have burned herself before she did anything to them.

56 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

btw, physical harm is justification, it doesn't have to be considered a threat of life

Serious physical harm is justification.  Is a scalding serious physical harm?  It is on the cusp, I suppose.  Given, however the reasonable and readily available alternative of temporty retreat to safety I believe this officer is going to get convicted.   

47 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Fock that. Maybe he should have shot her in the arm or leg, but no way he should retreat or wait for her to actually heave it.  She bent down and lowered the pot as if she was going to heave it, after issuing a verbal threat.  Sorry, at that point he has to pre-empt and protect himself.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Serious physical harm is justification.  Is a scalding serious physical harm?  It is on the cusp, I suppose.  Given, however the reasonable and readily available alternative of temporty retreat to safety I believe this officer is going to get convicted.   

its a split second decision for sure, and its more than on the cusp, I have seen it first hand, and that was just on her foot, on your face, yah life long burns, I would put someone down if that was the threat

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Great precedent.  Let’s turn every police encounter into a protracted negotiation.  Should work out well for us.

I guess none of you have seen the video. She was asked to remove the boiling water from the stove. She actually bends down in fear when they approach her with their guns. How can she throw the water at them when she bends down in fear? I suggest you watch the video instead of believing lies. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Fock that. Maybe he should have shot her in the arm or leg, but no way he should retreat or wait for her to actually heave it.  She bent down and lowered the pot as if she was going to heave it, after issuing a verbal threat.  Sorry, at that point he has to pre-empt and protect himself.

Do you know how easy it is to avoid something like that when you know it's coming?  You don't even need to retreat, just step out of the way.  She probably wouldn't even have gotten the water to them, she's puny. 

12 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Great precedent.  Let’s turn every police encounter into a protracted negotiation.  Should work out well for us.

Well, you can't just shoot everyone in the head.

That cop should go to prison for the rest of his life. There is ZERO reason why he would have escalated this. I rebuke you in the name of jesus is not a legit reason to be shot in the face or even threatened to be shot in the face. This is the most absurd thing I have ever seen. There is NO reason this woman is dead. At no point did she present a threat and there would be no reason why the cop even thought she was going to throw the water on him. She was cool, calm and collected at every single point in this interaction. Joking about rebuking him in the name of jesus cost her life. That is just the dumbest police interaction I can imagine.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, peenie said:

I guess none of you have seen the video. She was asked to remove the boiling water from the stove. She actually bends down in fear when they approach her with their guns. How can she throw the water at them when she bends down in fear? I suggest you watch the video instead of believing lies. 

She was basically laying on the floor when he shot her. He had to go halfway around the island to even get an angle to shoot her because she had ducked for cover.

It was murder.

16 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

She was basically laying on the floor when he shot her. He had to go halfway around the island to even get an angle to shoot her because she had ducked for cover.

It was murder.

Spot on......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I wouldn’t know the details of your wife’s experience, but I do know that when water is aerated, such as by propelling a pot of water through the air, even briefly for a short distance, it cools rapidly.  Of course, that officer couldn’t have known that.

As an aside, does anyone want police threatening that they will “shoot you in the face” as someone here reported that he said to that lady?  Even if he didn’t shoot, just saying that should be grounds for termination.

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

It was murder.

Can't tell where this was. 

I mean normally, a pot of water isn't usually a deadly weapon. 

...except in Flint, MI. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Once again, we have to remind people that trained professionals do not take non-lethal shots. They are trained to take down the threat. And that is typically center mass on a person's body.

Hand Guns are notoriously inaccurate so shooting for a smaller Target like a head or a leg is just asking for trouble and may just put your life at risk. 

No one ever takes a non-lethal shot when taking down a threat. Your life depends on it.