Sign in to follow this  
JagFan

Ranking Anomalies

Going through the rankings out right now and I see a few that I don’t agree with.  I’ll share my thoughts, and welcome y’all’s:

1.  Josh Allen - not sure he’s a top 5 this year considering his weapons.

2.  Brock Purdy - I feel like he should be top 5 considering where his weapons are ranked.  Two WRs in the top 15, TE in top 3, and RB projected with the most receptions.

3.  Justin Jefferson - feels like a fall from the top 10 based on Minnys QB situation.

Allen is ranked Qb 1 and it does seem lofty given the changes. I'd prefer Hurts or Mahomes, but I still have Allen 3rd. True they lost Diggs and Davis, but Diggs faded badly in the second half and Davis didn't do much all year... yet Allen still finished Qb 1. Buffalo still has Kincaid, Knox and I suspect Cooks gets more receptions. And they brought in several complimentary Wrs. Bills have a difficult schedule against the pass, but I don't put much stock in SOS with data based on the prior year and given player turnover. Besides Allen does a lot of his damage rushing. 

Purdy is ranked Qb 11. Finished Qb 6 last year and not much changed in SF. The only thing... look at his stats in 16 games - 4,300 pass yds, 33 total Tds, a spectacular passer rating of 113.0 (dump offs to McCaff helped).  I can't see a world where he improves on that, and might not replicate it. He's not considered the best pocket passer and isn't known for arm strength - just has incredible awareness... and surrounded by amazing talent. Considering what he did Qb 11 is probably low, but I'd be surprised if he broke top 5.

Jefferson is ranked Wr 5 so there's a small discount baked into his adp for the Qb change. I'd prefer a little more discount for that, along with the hamstring which was serious enough to cause him to miss 7 games. If Jefferson gets insane targets (and he probably will) and stays healthy, he should finish Wr 10+-. Look what old-man Adams did (Wr 11) with terrible Qb play in Vegas.

Qbs, I don’t draft one until the double digit rounds and then stream until I land a winner. 

Jefferson is a top ten wr, but not a top five.   

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Qbs, I don’t draft one until the double digit rounds and then stream until I land a winner. 

Jefferson is a top ten wr, but not a top five.   

in his 5 games with not-cousins at the end of the season: 32/500/2 td..hoping his adp drops further

Yea, an avg of 18:62, would  have placed him 5th in avg overall in ppr.  I don’t see his adp dropping, but I’m taking him late first rd if he falls. 

… and that included his shortened game when injured and low use in his first game back 

Would like to see fall not the 2nd rd, that not going to happen.