Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Greetings from Hot Springs!

This place is kind of cool, actually.   Interesting history being the first site of spring baseball back in the days of guys like Honus Wagner, Babe Ruth and negro league stars.   And the mob boss history of gambling, prostitution and bootleg liquor.   Basically was a safe haven for mobsters to vacation without fear of conflict from other mob bosses or law enforcement.   Basically in the middle of nowhere, but not a bad spot to get away.   Bathhouse row is pretty cool too. 

Headed to little rock and the Clinton library tomorrow.   

• Like 1

Family owns a farm just outside of Star City.  

41 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

This place is kind of cool, actually.   Interesting history being the first site of spring baseball back in the days of guys like Honus Wagner, Babe Ruth and negro league stars.   And the mob boss history of gambling, prostitution and bootleg liquor.   Basically was a safe haven for mobsters to vacation without fear of conflict from other mob bosses or law enforcement.   Basically in the middle of nowhere, but not a bad spot to get away.   Bathhouse row is pretty cool too. 

Headed to little rock and the Clinton library tomorrow.   

You are two hours away from my favorite bar in the whole world Fat Jacks in Texarkana, AR

14 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

You are two hours away from my favorite bar in the whole world Fat Jacks in Texarkana, AR

similar place here?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fat+Jacks/@34.5187679,-93.0580789,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x87cd2bab0cf53287:0x4518f35bc6c0dfae!8m2!3d34.5187635!4d-93.055504!16s%2Fg%2F1hc2g1clh?entry=ttu

Check out the Ohio Club while you’re there. Food is great. 

1 hour ago, Fumbleweed said:

Check out the Ohio Club while you’re there. Food is great. 

It's on the list, especially after visiting the mobster museum. Bath and massage on the list for tomorrow and probably end up there tomorrow for live music later.  I've really enjoyed this trip. 

On 7/23/2024 at 4:59 PM, weepaws said:

Family owns a farm just outside of Star City.  

What a coincidence. We have an Arkansas farm in the family as well. It's near Dumas, wherever the fock that is. They usually grow soybeans. My wife and I will inherit half that farm some day, and I'm going to insist that they grow weed.

This has been a rather nice getaway.   Had one of the best meals I ever ate yesterday in little rock at a place called cypress social.   

Hot Springs is fascinating.   Going to a bath house today to see if it can cleanse my body of all it's impurities.   Wish it luck. 

Got my first facial :banana:

On 7/23/2024 at 5:46 PM, Cdub100 said:

Yeah same owner (Fat jacks wife).

Fat jack died in 2016 I think,.

Came here on your suggestion and the menu gave some history about the owner and two locations.   I really liked the gumbo. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Came here on your suggestion and the menu gave some history about the owner and two locations.   I really liked the gumbo. 

My favorite one in Texarkana is a real dump. 

1 minute ago, LaChup said:

Dudes do not brag about getting facials. Just an FYI.

Your mom does :banana:

Love it when people go online on this site  the whole time they are on "vacation" or just visiting places or people. 

Talk about lonely. 😆