Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Who will be the Kamala Harris pick for VP?

I think it is going to be Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer, which would help cinch that battleground state and give the Democrats an all female ticket, which I think would be electric and energizing. 

Other names that are being thrown out:

Gov. Andy Beshear (KY)

Sec. Pete Buttigieg (IN)

Gov. Roy Cooper (NC)

Sen. Mark Kelly (AZ)

Gov. Josh Shapiro (PA)

Gov. Tim Walz (MN)

• Haha 1

Whitmer has already said she doesn’t want it. 
But I don’t think it’s going to be her anyhow. I think it’s either Kelly or Shapiro. Both make great sense, I lean towards Kelly. 

She should pick Bernie Sanders so there's a viable succession path after her 8 years as dictator President.

• Haha 2

Well I know it wont be JD Vance. he already accepted the same "bottom position".

Kelly would be a great pick. Then one of the Govs. The Minnesota one a distant third.

16 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Whitmer has already said she doesn’t want it. 
But I don’t think it’s going to be her anyhow. I think it’s either Kelly or Shapiro. Both make great sense, I lean towards Kelly. 

I am unclear why either man would accept being second fiddle to her having real prospects of their own.  I am also unclear on why the Democrats would take somebody from the Senate given the current split in that chamber.  Sure in most states the governor gets to appoint a replacement but that process can take some time but with Menendez out and Harrfis on the camopaign trail so maybe unavailable to break tie votes do they really want a Senator out of the cahmber on the campaign trail.  Also, parties always put up poison pill votes if they can.  Why tie Harris to a poison pill vote Kelly might be forced to make right before the election?

Just now, thegeneral said:

Kelly would be a great pick. Then one of the Govs. The Minnesota one a distant third.

Kelly won’t support the PRO Act. Harris needs a strongly pro union Veep to counterbalance the Trump/Vance phony populism.

• Confused 1

Democrats can’t pick a Jewish person. 200k Muslims in Michigan will be offended. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Democrats can’t pick a Jewish person. 200k Muslims in Michigan will be offended. 

200,000 Muslims are pretty much always offended about one thing or another.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Kelly won’t support the PRO Act. Harris needs a strongly pro union Veep to counterbalance the Trump/Vance phony populism.

There won’t be a perfect candidates and he did have some labor unions backing him in AZ.

That he gets AZ in play, he’s a moderate, and his story and background will be very appealing. 

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

She's gonna pick the Horse Toothed Squad Chick. They both hate Jews, It would make sense 

Kamala hates Jews so much she married one. ☝️ 

18 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

What better way to punish one.  

This was good 😂

2 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

It will be a white dude.  Someone will have to do the work.  

Given that VP's don't do a whole lot, she should pick a Messican.  Then she can have them mow the White House lawn and save the taxpayers some money.

Just now, Gladiators said:

Whoever she’s told to pick.

No. She will be given input by her advisors and leading Democrats, but the decision will ultimately be hers alone as she will have to live with it. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Whoever she’s told to pick.

This. 

Just now, squistion said:

No. She will be given input by her advisors and leading Democrats, but the decision will ultimately be hers alone as she will have to live with it. 

You're an idiot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The former astronaut, navy pilot, space shuttle pilot against JD would be good comedy.

5 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

The former astronaut, navy pilot, space shuttle pilot against JD would be good comedy.

JD is charismatic, quick witted, Yale educated and USMC. Major Tom would not stand a chance

5 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

JD is charismatic, quick witted, Yale educated and USMC. Major Tom would not stand a chance

Yale elitist snob who tried and failed to cozy up to Hollyweirdos with a movie about his memoir!  JD is whatever Don tells him to be so he will stick to the script though. 

26 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

It will be a white dude.  Someone will have to do the work.  

But you can’t have someone that going to make her look bad. It’s a tough situation . Can’t outshine her, has to compliment her incompetence 

5 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Yale elitist snob who tried and failed to cozy up to Hollyweirdos with a movie about his memoir!  JD is whatever Don tells him to be so he will stick to the script though. 

Now you sound like tim the blowhard with this response. Just bloviating the current the daily talking points

I hope they go with Phil Murphy.  Anything to get that jackwad out of my state would be awesome.  It's a shame we are infested with so many liberals.  We could really have a great state.  Even our Republicans (Whitman & Christie), are practically liberals.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I hope they go with Phil Murphy.  Anything to get that jackwad out of my state would be awesome.  It's a shame we are infested with so many liberals.  We could really have a great state.  Even our Republicans (Whitman & Christie), are practically liberals.

NJ has always been liberal. 

I was down in North Wildwood recently and there are a ton of MAGA and thin blue line flags down here fwiw. Lots of cops and firefighters there.

14 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Now you sound like tim the blowhard with this response. Just bloviating the current the daily talking points

Isn’t that what we do here. DEI hire!!

1 hour ago, Engorgeous George said:

I am unclear why either man would accept being second fiddle to her having real prospects of their own.  I am also unclear on why the Democrats would take somebody from the Senate given the current split in that chamber.  Sure in most states the governor gets to appoint a replacement but that process can take some time but with Menendez out and Harrfis on the camopaign trail so maybe unavailable to break tie votes do they really want a Senator out of the cahmber on the campaign trail.  Also, parties always put up poison pill votes if they can.  Why tie Harris to a poison pill vote Kelly might be forced to make right before the election?

I'd always thought that the best choices for a VP would be governors in their last term.  They usually don't run for a Senate or House seat afterwards and if they don't run for President, then the VP spot is a good next step.  So yeah, I'd agree their best move is a Governor, not a Senator.

Just now, MDC said:

NJ has always been liberal. 

I was down in North Wildwood recently and there are a ton of MAGA and thin blue line flags down here fwiw. Lots of cops and firefighters there.

I know, I've lived here for 30 years.  Thanks.  🙄

Did you go in September?

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I know, I've lived here for 30 years.  Thanks.  🙄

Did you go in September?

Just thought it was odd complaining about all the libs in one of the most liberal states in the country. :D 

No I went this summer. North Wildwood has been pretty MAGA for years. You’d like it. 🏖️ 

15 minutes ago, MDC said:

Just thought it was odd complaining about all the libs in one of the most liberal states in the country. :D 

No I went this summer. North Wildwood has been pretty MAGA for years. You’d like it. 🏖️ 

Yeah, because no one does that, right?

There's nothing about the shore that anyone should like.  The smell of the salt water is terrible, the tourists are awful, and the sand is horrendous.  Pass.  The only bright spot is that the people are normal, as you mentioned.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, because no one does that, right?

There's nothing about the shore that anyone should like.  The smell of the salt water is terrible, the tourists are awful, and the sand is horrendous.  Pass.  The only bright spot is that the people are normal, as you mentioned.

I love North Wildwood and Cape May. Oh well. 

1 minute ago, lickin_starfish said:

Just saw an article suggesting Buttigieg.😆

Hoe and Moe

That's probably the best way to go... especially for the people in the discussion.  The Democrats know they overplayed their hand.  They knew 2 years ago that Biden wouldn't last and they gaslighted with the DEI choice.  They know no one likes Harris, unless they're told to... see this board as an example.  Running Harris and circumventing Democracy (and pretending they didn't do it), is the best way to get rid of her.  Generally, the W.H. is the last stop for people... so Harris got her cameo and now they need to get rid of her like they did with Hillary.  So, they're running her against someone she can't beat.  Buttigieg would be the obvious choice for them too, as the VP.  They need to get rid of him too because he won't win any election at the federal level unless he moves to a dark blue district.  So, run him in an election that will certainly lose and you kill 2 birds with one stone.  It's one of the few things that the Democrats have done that made sense in my lifetime.

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I love North Wildwood and Cape May. Oh well. 

I find it funny that two of the most conservative areas in NJ are the places you like to visit.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

His name has been thrown out there a lot on Twitter this morning, but I just don't see it. 

Democrats already have the baggage of dealing with a black woman candidate and adding an openly gay man to the ticket would probably be a bit much (not that VP choices traditionally make a lot of difference in voters minds anyway). 

John Fetterman. That why the right can recycle all there mental decline comments.

11 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Hoe and Moe

He’s done a great job in transportation :lol:

he'd be a great fit for Harris

Montel Williams