Sign in to follow this  
squistion

Who will be the Kamala Harris pick for VP?

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I find it funny that two of the most conservative areas in NJ are the places you like to visit.

I don’t particularly care about the politics of the people in the places where I go on vacation. I really like upstate NY and central/western PA too.

2 hours ago, squistion said:

I think it is going to be Michigan governor Gretchen Whitmer, which would help cinch that battleground state and give the Democrats an all female ticket, which I think would be electric and energizing. 

Other names that are being thrown out:

Gov. Andy Beshear (KY)

Sec. Pete Buttigieg (IN)

Gov. Roy Cooper (NC)

Sen. Mark Kelly (AZ)

Gov. Josh Shapiro (PA)

Gov. Tim Walz (MN)

That is a joke if you think Kamala has ANY chance of carrying Michigan with or without Whitmer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kilroy69 said:

That is a joke if yo u think Kamala has ANY chance of carrying Michigan with or without Whitmer. 

I think she will carry michigan and not because the people voted for her. 

5 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

That is a joke if you think Kamala has ANY chance of carrying Michigan with or without Whitmer. 

Biden won Michigan in 2020. 

She'll pick a paid child actor. who is still amazed tha Ukraine is a country in Europe. And that it has a neighbor called Russia that is a much bigger country. 

15 minutes ago, squistion said:

He wasnt going to in 2024. 

9 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

He wasnt going to in 2024. 

So. That was then and this is now.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Shapiro seems to be the guy. 

Behind Kelly in the race. 

52 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They know no one likes Harris

You need to wake up, it’s a brand new day. Very shortly Harris’ approval ratings will be in the 50s or higher. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I have no idea. You really gotta do a deep dive on this stuff to have any real guess.

First question is who’d be interested? Seems like there’s a real effort and belief she could win this thing, so maybe interest is high. That said, who knows what the evaluation is behind closed doors.

Then of those interested, who can pass vetting? Background, dirt, prior positions, etc.

Then it’s who can get picked without focking something else up? So if you pick a senator how would that person be replaced and would it be a Republican? That kind of thing.

Then who would be an asset but also not threaten to outshine Harris? This one is particularly sensitive since the Harris candidacy is unusual.

My guess would be somebody like Beshear, Kelly or Cooper, and maybe not Kelly if there’s a risk he outshines her. But like I said, lotta ins lotta outs

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

Well if you’re right, the election is pretty much over.

49 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Behind Kelly in the race. 

Looks like I was right.   Pay up.  You have to give Tim an atomic wedgie at the next Messed Coast Left Wingers of the Geek Club Meet Up.  

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I don’t particularly care about the politics of the people in the places where I go on vacation. I really like upstate NY and central/western PA too.

Both predominantly republican.  Odd, huh?

55 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You need to wake up, it’s a brand new day. Very shortly Harris’ approval ratings will be in the 50s or higher. 

Yup, I'm sure that's the case.

26 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Looks like I was right.   Pay up.  You have to give Tim an atomic wedgie at the next Messed Coast Left Wingers of the Geek Club Meet Up.  

What did I miss?

20 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Both predominantly republican.  Odd, huh?

I hear people visit New York City.

She is almost sure to pick puffer pete as her running mate to complete the identity politics ticket. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, squistion said:

No. She will be given input by her advisors and leading Democrats, but the decision will ultimately be hers alone as she will have to live with it. 

Tell me you know nothing about how politics works without telling me you know nothing about how politics work. 

28 minutes ago, kilroy69 said:

She is almost sure to pick puffer pete as her running mate to complete the identity politics ticket. 

I can’t see her picking Pete. Imagine the embarrassment if they wore the same dress at the convention.  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

I can’t see her picking Pete. Imagine the embarrassment if they wore the same dress at the convention.  

Then she should pick Sam Brinton.  He'd fill out the diversity ticket but she wouldn't have to worry about him wearing the same dress at the convention.  He'd just steal hers.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MDC said:

Kelly won’t support the PRO Act. Harris needs a strongly pro union Veep to counterbalance the Trump/Vance phony populism.

He just announced he’d support this.

Dude wants this gig and would be a great pick.

3 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

Great! :doublethumbsup: 

3 hours ago, MDC said:

If you want to take your family somewhere safe on vacation it's naturally going to be a Republican run destination. I'm glad you admitted that. 

3 hours ago, squistion said:

His name has been thrown out there a lot on Twitter this morning, but I just don't see it. 

Democrats already have the baggage of dealing with a black woman candidate and adding an openly gay man to the ticket would probably be a bit much (not that VP choices traditionally make a lot of difference in voters minds anyway). 

The Dems wouldn't vote a gay dude on the ticket?   Figures

5 hours ago, squistion said:

It will be interesting to see if the switch from biden to harris will swing it back to the dems. It will come down to the Metro Detroit area as it usually does.

5 hours ago, squistion said:

He's still not going to win MI in 2024

7 hours ago, squistion said:

So. That was then and this is now. 

:doh: Rocks for brains. 

4 hours ago, thegeneral said:

Good, try and get those 11 votes and stay away from the rust belt. Good plan. 👍 

Just now, JuneJuly said:

Good, try and get those 11 votes and stay away from the rust belt. Good plan. 👍 

This guy will appeal to the Midwest moderate voter.

Kamala can take whitebread KY Gov, NC Gov, or Shapiro also, but personally think this dude has the best story. 

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

This guy will appeal to the Midwest moderate voter.

Kamala can take whitebread KY Gov, NC Gov, or Shapiro also, but personally think this dude has the best story. 

Hope so. Good thing libs aren't smart. 

1 minute ago, JuneJuly said:

Hope so. Good thing libs aren't smart. 

It’s so hard to compete with the intellectual prowess of MAGA nation! 

If a VP candidate can lock up a state (debatable), Shapiro would have the best chance and it is a must win for Kamala. 

He trounced a hand picked MAGA nutty candidate in the last election. 

Kelly has the better story and is probably more of a swing for the fences pick. 

This Walz guy from Minnesota had a good weekend making the rounds on the Sunday shows but would be a very boring pick in a state Kamala will win without him.

1 minute ago, thegeneral said:

This Walz guy from Minnesota had a good weekend making the rounds on the Sunday shows but would be a very boring pick in a state Kamala will win without him.

Yeah I can’t see it. There’s also talk about Cooper from North Carolina. I still say Kelly but I can see the attraction of Shapiro too. Tough choice. 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yeah I can’t see it. There’s also talk about Cooper from North Carolina. I still say Kelly but I can see the attraction of Shapiro too. Tough choice. 

Yep. Biden pretty much told us who he’d pick early on. This process is better where there is a good list of candidates. The speculation is good for the candidates. Stories get floated, they get to do interviews so we get to see them a bit prior to the pick. 

Kelly and Shapiro on paper make the most sense out of all the names out there to me. 

Cooper and Breshear just seem to be chasing votes that aren’t there. 

Pete, Whitmer unlikely as they do not provide enough contrast. Pete in particular is great in interviews and will be out front a lot for this whole thing. 

Walz and for some reason the Illinois Gov is mentioned don’t bring enough to the table. 

They say the pick will be made by August 7 or so. These people have the week to make their cases.

I’m good with Shapiro too. Should cost them Michigan.