Sign in to follow this  
Tree of Knowledge

2024 MLB Trade Deadline Talk

Last night:

Puk to Diamondbacks 

Arozarena to Mariners 

This might be a fun trade deadline and a good break from political talk. 

• Like 1

Bump

Puk for Deyvison De Los Santos. Can Puk stay healthy, can DLS make enough contact for his plus power to be an asset? He’s having 

15 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Randy Arozarena to Seattle. Wow

And they didn't seem to give up much

4 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

And they didn't seem to give up much

Practically nothing... their #12 and #22 prospects.  Maybe the PTBNL is actually a good prospect.

Wonder if Crochet's extension talk prevents the White Sox from being able to trade him.  He says that he's not going to pitch in the playoffs unless he has an extension signed and that he won't go back to the bullpen.

37 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Randy Arozarena to Seattle. Wow

I literally just traded for Randy A in my make believe baseball team yesterday morning. 

I am a Mariners fan too…why did they have to do this to me 😂😂😂 sabotage

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Puk for Deyvison De Los Santos. Can Puk stay healthy, can DLS make enough contact for his plus power to be an asset? He’s having 

AZ may regret this trade for years.  

45 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

AZ may regret this trade for years.  

It has potential to be a good return for the Marlins. But Arizona left him unprotected in the rule 5 and he’s had a great season so far but supposedly swings at everything. Seems like boom or bust. 

Just now, HellToupee said:

It has potential to be a good return for the Marlins. But Arizona left him unprotected in the rule 5 and he’s had a great season so far but supposedly swings at everything. Seems like boom or bust. 

It will be interesting to see if Miami calls him up. He definitely looks like a DH/1B prospect. 

Super pissed about the Randy trade.  I do hear good things about the OF prospect they are getting back.  #12 in seattle system but only 20 years old with some pop and lots of speed. 

Still, I was (and still am) hoping they trade Eflin and B. Lowe. Neither player should be in their long term plans and are currently costing the the most. We also have immediate upgrades ready to go in Jeffrey Springs and Junior Caminero, who has been taking minor league reps at second base. 

Baseball is such a game of momentum swings and clubhouse chemistry that I hate the idea of trading away your most animated, charismatic player who is beloved by the fans.  :(

I’ll take Lowe on the Yankees. Don’t think TB would do it though.  

37 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Super pissed about the Randy trade.  I do hear good things about the OF prospect they are getting back.  #12 in seattle system but only 20 years old with some pop and lots of speed. 

Still, I was (and still am) hoping they trade Eflin and B. Lowe. Neither player should be in their long term plans and are currently costing the the most. We also have immediate upgrades ready to go in Jeffrey Springs and Junior Caminero, who has been taking minor league reps at second base. 

Baseball is such a game of momentum swings and clubhouse chemistry that I hate the idea of trading away your most animated, charismatic player who is beloved by the fans.  :(

I don’t get why TB dumped him now for a mediocre haul. They do have great evaluators so I guess trust them. 

5 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Did you have a premonition Eflin would be traded? <_<

2 hours ago, Mookz said:

Did you have a premonition Eflin would be traded? <_<

Yes 

The Red Sox pickup Danny Jansen for Cutter Coffeey. Coffey is in High A . Good deal for the Jays. Sox are loaded in MIs in the minors and Coffey was way down on their prospect rankings

Trevor Rogers for Connor Norby & Kyle Stowers

wow the return for pitching is crazy

31 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Trevor Rogers for Connor Norby & Kyle Stowers

wow the return for pitching is crazy

..and still the Tigers, with two of the highest sought after SP (not to mention some billpen pieces) have done nothing thusfar.

Alex Cobb to the Guardians.

Royals add some BP depth, Lucas Erceg of the A's.

23 minutes ago, patweisers44 said:

..and still the Tigers, with two of the highest sought after SP (not to mention some billpen pieces) have done nothing thusfar.

I don’t know why they would trade Skubal with 2 more years of control but the return in this market would be huge.

Flaherty should definitely moved , especially in this climate 

6 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Alex Cobb to the Guardians.

Royals add some BP depth, Lucas Erceg of the A's.

Stop the presses , Paul DeDong to the Royals

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

Stop the presses , Paul DeDong to the Royals

probably going to push BWJ for time at short.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

I don’t know why they would trade Skubal with 2 more years of control but the return in this market would be huge.

Flaherty should definitely moved , especially in this climate 

They havent shown they are gonna pay anyone near what skubal is gonna get (Boras is his agent) and they are 2+ years away from contending. To me it makes sense to get a haul for him. His value will never be higher.

I kind of like what the royals have done.   They needed a right handed bat and dejong can be a decent upgrade over frazier or hampson.  

And the bullpen needed an overhaul and they've done that with lorenzen who likely moves into the rotation pushing marsh to the pen and bringing in Harvey and erceg.  I like that they are trying to get better for a late season push and haven't really given up any major pieces that will set them back in the future.  I've been f5'n Twitter all day.   About as unproductive day as the first two rounds of march madness. 

The only move I still hate for the Rays is trading Randy. Again, just a spark plug player. 

Everything else made sense for a team that always needs to churn but can still contend for a playoff spot. Moving Paredes opens up a spot for Junior Caminero. Caballero and Lowe can handle SS/2B. Glad they kept Yandy. 

Trading away Jason Adam for an absolute haul was the best move they made. Fleeced the Padres on that one. The Rays make relief pitchers like a well oiled machine. Still have Fairbanks, Poche, Kelly, Cleavinger, now Rodriguez. 

Springs is back, trading Eflin made sense. 

Bringing in Carlson could be nice if it sparks his career again. 

But the biggest thing will be calling up Caminero. This team didn't have offense to spare and it parted with 2 of its 3 best producers in Randy and Paredes. Need to get Caminero in the lineup with Diaz and Josh Lowe.