Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Portugal

Heading there in late September.  Staying in Lisbon with a few excursions planned so far to Cintra and Porto. We will be there 6-7 days before I head on to Barcelona for 5 more (which I'm already familiar with). 

Anyone been?  Looking for recommendations on cool shiit to see during the day and places to check out at night, places to eat, etc. 

Not looking to eat up too many days traveling within the country. Porto, for example, is going to be a full day trip. 

Stay.   Amen 

Thanks. 

Taking your golf clubs?

On 7/26/2024 at 6:18 PM, bostonlager said:

Taking your golf clubs?

No. I played a course outside Madrid last year and really it wasn't worth it. Plus somehow they didn't charge me for the rentals anyway. I would only bring my clubs if it was a specific golf trip or if there was an opportunity to play a famous course... (Valderama was where I wanted to play in Spain last year but the logistics didn't work out). 

Portugal doesn't seem to be known for golf. I'm sure there are some picturesque courses but most of the trip will be me and my buddy hitting up the night life and maybe seeing some historical shiit during the day. If I find a nice course and we decide to play, I'll just rent. 

On 7/26/2024 at 6:23 PM, Nomad99 said:

Eat Paella!!!

Absolutely. The Paella in Barcelona was amazing and I imagine it's even better in Portugal.   I'm going to look into a little wine/food tour in Porto during the day we go there.

• Like 1