Sign in to follow this  
Maximum Overkill

Harrison Butker releases a statement responding to the Opening Ceremony of the 2024 Paris Olympics.

1 minute ago, HellToupee said:

Big engagement on that tweet , zero replies ,  1 like and 300 views. I wonder where the like came from

LOL I had that guy blocked already.  Must never post anything worthwhile.  I don't recall his work at FBG either but sounds like a Clayton Gray type pansy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

@Cdub100 would

They do it to themselves. 

Whatever happened to those weird jew tunnels in NYC?

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

There you go lumping Hasidics in with all Jews again.

But to answer your question, the tunnel was filled in with concrete and at least 13 people have been charged.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/10/nyregion/new-york-synagogue-tunnels.html

That's a weird comment. Are they not jews?

5 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

That's a weird comment. Are they not jews?

That’s like saying people that believe Qanon stuff are representative of all Republicans. 

So Hasidics aren't jewish? 

Why can't either of you answer the question?

17 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

So Hasidics aren't jewish? 

They are. But they don’t associate with non-Hasidics.   They also only account for about 5% of the world’s Jews

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

They are.

Okay then.

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

They are. But they don’t associate with non-Hasidics.   They also only account for about 5% of the world’s Jews

So like educated black folks don't associate with the street thugs that Kamala was bailing out in MInnesota?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Santa Claus is making a mockery of the birth of Jesus.  

Bump

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Bump

Why are you bumping a post that no one cares about? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Good posting emoji

6 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

They don’t care because they must know it’s hypocritical to think some LGBT folks standing around a table is a “mockery” but Santa Claus isn’t.

Just now, TimHauck said:

They don’t care because they must know it’s hypocritical to think some LGBT folks standing around a table is a “mockery” but Santa Claus isn’t.

Yeah that's what it was. Just standing around a table. 

Just now, TimHauck said:

It's a mockery. 

Just now, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Yeah that's what it was. Just standing around a table. 

Looks like that to me.

It seems everyone agrees the blue guy was actually Dionysus, so not really relevant to the Last Supper discussion if that’s what you’re getting at. 

18 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Hey Tim , stop mocking my religion . You think you’re being funny , think you’re being clever, you’re not. I would never mock Judaism, I  expect the same from you

You would mock Islam apparently, or is a “Muhammad suicide vest” an official term?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You would mock Islam apparently, or is a “Muhammad suicide vest” an official term?

Imagine if that was just one third of a Muslim three peice suit.

• Haha 1

Looks like that to me.

It seems everyone agrees the blue guy was actually Dionysus, so not really relevant to the Last Supper discussion if that’s what you’re getting at. 

The blue guy seems to be Dionysus, but the fat blue Jewish queer lesbian with the halo at the center of the table doesn't have any clear role in the Dionysus painting.  Especially with the halo, the only interpretation that makes sense is that of Jesus at the Last Supper.  To me they are trying to merge both scenes into one giant rainbow orgy of love.

I also don't get the weird flex by the left with "it's just a painting, Da Vinci isn't in the Bible$#@!" pablum.  I see Rusty regurgitating the talking point, not surprisingly, but it doesn't make sense.  It's an iconic painting of a key event in Christianity.  When you think of the Last Supper, you think of that painting, and vice versa.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Santa Claus is making a mockery of the birth of Jesus.  

It’s CHRISTmas! :mad: 

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

The blue guy seems to be Dionysus, but the fat blue Jewish queer lesbian with the halo at the center of the table doesn't have any clear role in the Dionysus painting.  Especially with the halo, the only interpretation that makes sense is that of Jesus at the Last Supper.  To me they are trying to merge both scenes into one giant rainbow orgy of love.

I also don't get the weird flex by the left with "it's just a painting, Da Vinci isn't in the Bible$#@!" pablum.  I see Rusty regurgitating the talking point, not surprisingly, but it doesn't make sense.  It's an iconic painting of a key event in Christianity.  When you think of the Last Supper, you think of that painting, and vice versa.

This post that I shared earlier explains that the woman is most likely portraying Apollo, who has a Halo in the “Feast of the Gods” painting.  

I mostly agree with your second paragraph, I was really just sharing that post for the video.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I think it’s fair to say something like “they had to know people would think of the Last Supper,” and maybe the painting they were actually depicting was itself inspired by the Last Supper.

But saying “they were trying to merge both scenes into one giant rainbow orgy” (which I believe was basically also @Patented Phil’s opinion) is just making things up that aren’t there

I think it’s fair to say something like “they had to know people would think of the Last Supper,” and maybe the painting they were actually depicting was itself inspired by the Last Supper.

But saying “they were trying to merge both scenes into one giant rainbow orgy” (which I believe was basically also @Patented Phil’s opinion) is just making things up that aren’t there

Well... this new painting adds some food for thought.  After a little nibble, a few thoughts,

I don't think some guy's opinion on X makes it "most likely." Also, I don't believe the creative director referenced this painting as an inspiration, but perhaps I'm wrong.  Also the fat Jewish queer lesbian has a much more prominent halo than Apollo, which frankly, if you hadn't told me it was a halo, I'd have not even noticed.  Also she is in bright blue, which is a distinguishing feature of the robe on Jesus in the Last Supper.  

It's not a hill I'm going to die on, and I unfortunately did not get to see the ceremony live, so I was impacted by the reactions of others, so I am open to being biased to some extent.  That being said, it's clear to me that this Jan artist made a living of making close facsimiles of the Last Supper.  In that vein, and to your point, you would think that they would have seen the clear correlations.