Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

The Democratic National Convention!!

Mooney is upset that the ratings for the dnc have been significantly down from the last actual dnc. Centrist. Lol. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mooney is upset that the ratings for the dnc have been significantly down from the last actual dnc. Centrist. Lol. 

So that's a no from you again?

Is getting your doors kicked in on here a kink at this point for you?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So that's a no from you again?

Is getting your doors kicked in on here a kink at this point for you?

Unhinged crackpot.  

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Still a no then?

I have been commenting on the DNC ratings vs prior dnc’s, and you, for some reason (unhinged) have been comparing them to the rnc’s. Get a hold of yourself and read what is actually written, not what you want to be written. Take your meds. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I have been commenting on the DNC ratings vs prior dnc’s, and you, for some reason (unhinged) have been comparing them to the rnc’s. Get a hold of yourself and read what is actually written, not what you want to be written. Take your meds. 

I also said about the general decline in TV ratings since 2016. I also said even with you saying the DNC was down it was still higher than the RNC ratings across the board (which were also down).

I'm providing context to half things you are saying. I'm sorry someone saying truthful things is "unhinged" to you. I know its because you are so invested in people making up stuff

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I also said about the general decline in TV ratings since 2016. I also said even with you saying the DNC was down it was still higher than the RNC ratings across the board (which were also down).

I'm providing context to half things you are saying. I'm sorry someone saying truthful things is "unhinged" to you. I know its because you are so invested in people making up stuff

So the DNC ratings are down. Thanks for clarifying. Touch grass. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I never said they weren't. You crowed about them being down (and the implication from you was that the RNC was higher)- that latter part was false. Then you threw out the 22% and I said general TV decline in ratings since 2016 is well above 22%. I also asked what the RNC ratings were and you've hid every time I've asked.

I'm sorry the truth hurts you so much. I guess from now on I'll put trigger warnings on posts where I'm going to add some truth to your posts. 

• Like 1

Kamala Harris accomplished so many  things last night: 

1. She impressed the American people that she is Presidential. The Republican attempt to define her as a cackling idiot that nobody wants was never going to fly and now it’s been destroyed. 

2. She positioned herself and her party in the center, and the Republicans as extreme. Thats the key to winning any election. 

3. She reclaimed patriotism for the Democratic Party. 

4. Most amazing of all, she somehow positioned herself as the alpha, Trump as the beta, herself as the challenger, Trump as the incumbent, herself as the new, Trump as the old. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I never said they weren't. You crowed about them being down (and the implication from you was that the RNC was higher)- that latter part was false. Then you threw out the 22% and I said general TV decline in ratings since 2016 is well above 22%. I also asked what the RNC ratings were and you've hid every time I've asked.

I'm sorry the truth hurts you so much. I guess from now on I'll put trigger warnings on posts where I'm going to add some truth to your posts. 

In today’s world, the key to this is how many people watch snippets on TikTok and other social media. The answer is a whole hell of a lot. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

In today’s world, the key to this is how many people watch snippets on TikTok and other social media. The answer is a whole hell of a lot. 

Yeah I saw the numbers somewhere about the amount of minutes watched across social media. I didn't want to break HT's brain anymore than it already is

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

2. She positioned herself and her party in the center

So she lied.  Cool story.

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah I saw the numbers somewhere about the amount of minutes watched across social media. I didn't want to break HT's brain anymore than it already is

Much like the man he supports, he lives in the past. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

So she lied.  Cool story.

Neither side can really lay claim to the middle right now....but the Democrats felt like they were trying a little more for it at their convention versus what was happening at the RNC. Or to be more accurate- from where Trump has gone since the RNC

Dialing In to Fox News, Trump Offers a Rambling Rebuttal to Harris’s Speech

The network ended the live interview after 10 minutes. Beeps could be heard as the former president seemed to accidentally press the buttons on the keypad of his phone.

Aug. 23, 2024, 1:33 a.m. ET

Donald J. Trump stands in front of a wall at the southern border. Several people are standing or walking nearby. Earlier on Thursday, former President Donald J. Trump visited the border in Cochise County, Ariz. Doug Mills/The New York Times

Former President Donald J. Trump was watching television on Thursday night and he did not like what he saw.

His newly minted Democratic opponent, Vice President Kamala Harris, had just accused him of groveling to dictators, imperiling democracy, betraying American values and, to top it off, deemed him “an unserious man.”

So Mr. Trump picked up the telephone and called Fox News. The network quickly patched him in to its live coverage of the Democratic convention, and the former president proceeded to issue a meandering, stream-of-consciousness rebuttal.

Several times, the Fox anchors Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum tried to interject to ask a question. Several times, Mr. Trump ignored them. “Mr. President, let me interrupt,” Mr. Baier pleaded at one point. Mr. Trump kept talking.

The impromptu call-in — which lasted for 10 minutes, until Fox News informed Mr. Trump that the network had run out of time — came shortly after he had taken to his social media platform, Truth Social, to provide real-time commentary on Ms. Harris’s speech.

His posts there, capitalized in a haphazard manner, were less directed at her specific remarks than at broader complaints about issues that Mr. Trump wants to keep the focus on: crime, immigration and the economy.

At times, he digressed.

“WHERE’S HUNTER?” Mr. Trump asked as Ms. Harris came onstage, reviving one of his favorite slogans about the son of President Biden, who withdrew his candidacy weeks ago.

Keep Up With the 2024 Election

The presidential election is 74 days away. Here’s our guide to the run-up to Election Day.

On Politics Newsletter. Get the latest news and analysis on the 2024 election sent to your inbox. Sign up here.

At one point, referring to Ms. Harris, Mr. Trump asked, in all capital letters, “Is she talking about me?” (She was, often.)

Mr. Trump also accused Ms. Harris’s running mate, Gov. Tim Walz of Minnesota, of puffing up his résumé as a leader of a high school football team. “Walz was an ASSISTANT Coach, not a COACH,” he wrote.

A few minutes later, on Fox News, Mr. Trump argued that Ms. Harris had not accomplished much during her tenure as vice president.

“All of these things that she talked about — ‘We are going to do this, we are going to do that, we are going to do everything’ — but she didn’t do any of it!” Mr. Trump said on the air, complaining that “she didn’t talk about China, she didn’t talk about fracking, she didn’t talk about crime.”

His one concession? The Democrats’ convention hall. “It was a nice-looking room,” he said.

When Ms. MacCallum observed, accurately, that Ms. Harris was “having some success” with women, Hispanic and Black voters, Mr. Trump objected. “She’s not having success; I’m having success,” he said. “I’m doing great with the Hispanic voters, doing great with Black men, I’m doing great with women.”

“It’s only in your eyes that they have that, Martha,” he added. “We are doing very well.”

At several points during the call, a familiar beeping sound interrupted Mr. Trump’s remarks. It appeared that the former president was accidentally pressing buttons on the keypad of his phone.

Finally, while Mr. Trump was still midsentence, Mr. Baier moved to end the interview and thanked his guest for his time: “We appreciate that live feedback.”

The network immediately shifted to an episode of its late-night comedy program, “Gutfeld!”

The host, Greg Gutfeld, looked bemused. “That wasn’t my fault, Donald Trump,” he said, speaking to the president through the TV.

“He’s still talking, by the way,” Mr. Gutfeld joked.

My Mema used to do that when I called. Old people are often confused by modern technology, like the cell phone. :( 

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Neither side can really lay claim to the middle right now....but the Democrats felt like they were trying a little more for it at their convention versus what was happening at the RNC. Or to be more accurate- from where Trump has gone since the RNC

The Republicans at their convention were waving signs that read “mass deportation now!” That will no doubt make some of the folks around here happy but it’s not where the public is at (at least I hope not.)

I am so sad I missed all 6/8 days of R and D conventions. However will I know who not to vote for?

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

This is an extra stupid take of your usual stupid takes.

• Like 2

Pelosi 2010:  We have to pass the bill to find out what’s in it.

Harris 2024:  You have to elect us to find out our platform

20 minutes ago, thegeneral said:

This is an extra stupid take of your usual stupid takes.

You forgot the trigger warning

4 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Yeah....so???

Great speech with a great closing. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

As with any convention it is mostly playing to the base already determined to vote one way or the other.

The remaining like 10-15% that might be watching this video was for. I'd imagine it worked for some of them.

It also drove home that Trump had something to do with encouraging January 6th regardless of what many have tried to argue. 

For me it drove home that party sponsored political messaging is disinformation.  When they conflate beyond all reason or proximate cause the number of dead, when they term the incident an insurrection when no one has been charged with insurrection, they lose me.  Not a big deal losing me, both major parties have long ago.

17 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

She articulated what she intends to do as POTUS. Check out a transcript of the speech for the details.

And clarification on the Pelosi quote:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/18/14957708/pelosi-pass-the-bill

“We have to pass the bill,” she said, “so that you can find out what is in it — away from the fog of the controversy.”

Conservatives — abetted by dozens of political journalists who should have known better — immediately seized on a truncated version of the quote. Pelosi was really expressing her confidence in the underlying merits of the bill, but it became instead a shorthand for the allegedly dodgy process through which Obamacare was passed.

But Pelosi never said the bill was enacted in secret or under cover of night, because it wasn’t. She said it was enacted in a fog of controversy. The controversy, naturally enough, focused on the most contentious aspects of the bill rather than on the most broadly popular. Much of it was about misunderstandings or misconceptions — claims that the bill contained death panels or did nothing to restrain health care costs — rather than on the Affordable Care Act’s concrete benefits.

Once the bill was in place, Pelosi was saying, people would come to value and appreciate its contents. She was mocked for this relentlessly for years. But everything that’s happening this winter shows she was right all along.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I turned the DNC on for the last minute of her speech and saw her and Walz walking around the stage then. I will say- Kamala fills out a pant suit much nicer than Hillary......but that is also like the lowest of low bars. I'm pretty sure a wet grizzly bear would look better in a pant suit than Hillary Clinton

She has a FUPA.  Still, not bad for her age, not great, but not bad.  Pretty decent looking as a younger woman.

16 minutes ago, squistion said:

Great speech with a great closing. 

Whatever...I didn't watch any of it, but that closing looks pretty generic, like any other rah-rah speech. Nothing to get all misty over...

Just now, Thornton Melon said:

Whatever...I didn't watch any of it, but that closing looks pretty generic, like any other rah-rah speech. Nothing to get all misty over...

No, not misty, but the crowd reaction showed the energy, excitement and enthusiam for Harris and her campaign.

She looked Presidential last night and there should be a several point bump in most major polls, I would think. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, squistion said:

She articulated what she intends to do as POTUS. Check out a transcript of the speech for the details.

And clarification on the Pelosi quote:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/3/18/14957708/pelosi-pass-the-bill

“We have to pass the bill,” she said, “so that you can find out what is in it — away from the fog of the controversy.”

Conservatives — abetted by dozens of political journalists who should have known better — immediately seized on a truncated version of the quote. Pelosi was really expressing her confidence in the underlying merits of the bill, but it became instead a shorthand for the allegedly dodgy process through which Obamacare was passed.

But Pelosi never said the bill was enacted in secret or under cover of night, because it wasn’t. She said it was enacted in a fog of controversy. The controversy, naturally enough, focused on the most contentious aspects of the bill rather than on the most broadly popular. Much of it was about misunderstandings or misconceptions — claims that the bill contained death panels or did nothing to restrain health care costs — rather than on the Affordable Care Act’s concrete benefits.

Once the bill was in place, Pelosi was saying, people would come to value and appreciate its contents. She was mocked for this relentlessly for years. But everything that’s happening this winter shows she was right all along.

Your head is full of so much bullsh!t that it gravity feeds to your fingers.  I know you libs love Kamala’s warm and fuzzy Gal Pal politics, but her speech was nothing but cheerleading.  She provided no specifics at all.  If she accomplished half of what she mentioned, she would displace Washington as the greatest President.  Also, Nancy made 2 separate quotes about passing the law to find what’s in it.  At NO point, does a bill have to passed for anyone to digest its contents. So her uttering that phrase, even with a qualifier, is moronic. The fact that you believe her and use Vox as a source says it all.  

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

No, not misty, but the crowd reaction showed the energy, excitement and enthusiam for Harris and her campaign.

She looked Presidential last night and there should be a several point bump in most major polls, I would think. 

Of course the crowd reacted that way. They're on her side.

I'm sure she'll get the typical post-convention bump. Then hopefully the shock of losing in November 

Just now, Fireballer said:

Your head is full of so much bullsh!t that it gravity feeds to your fingers.  I know you libs love Kamala’s warm and fuzzy Gal Pal politics, but her speech was nothing but cheerleading.  She provided no specifics at all.  If she accomplished half of what she mentioned, she would displace Washington as the greatest President.  Also, Nancy made 2 separate quotes about passing the law to find what’s in it.  At NO point, does a bill have to passed for anyone to digest its contents. So her uttering that phrase, even with a qualifier, is moronic. The fact that you believe her and use Vox as a source says it all.  

Context is everything as was pointed out in the article. 

A lot of ppl are pissed cause they lied about Beyoncé and Taylor swift being there :lol: Lied to get more ppl to go & watch. Now they’re pissing off their own voters cause they’re lying to get more viewership. Took this for them to realize they’re a bunch of liars 

Vice president Harris has a way of saying things that seem vague but in reality are meaningless.

1 hour ago, Patented Phil said:

How do we know this is a parody?

I agree. Mental illness is currently at an all time high. This could very well be a far, faaaaarrrrrrr left delusional voter.

2 hours ago, edjr said:

I am so sad I missed all 6/8 days of R and D conventions. However will I know who not to vote for?

Right?  Who actually watches this sheet?  Politics as entertainment.  I don't understand it

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

Context is everything as was pointed out in the article. 

Please tell me what circumstances would have to be present for ANY bill, controversial or not, to be passed to see what’s in it.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Vice president Harris has a way of saying things that seem vague but in reality are meaningless.

Probably the best synopsis yet

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Right?  Who actually watches this sheet?  Politics as entertainment.  I don't understand it

timbo was rocken his full mast during the convention 

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Many MAGA Geeks have been hate watching.

47 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Harris:  Whatever I was against before that will cost me votes I'm now for it.  Forget what I've done (actually not done) the last 4 years.  Elect me now and share in the joy.  

• Like 1