Sign in to follow this  
weepaws

Washington State

Christian charity’s lawsuit over hiring practices can proceed.   Pray that they win, won’t be forced into hiring those that don’t believe in Jesus,  sadly they need to fight who they want to hire in court while living in a so called free country.   Amen 

Thanks 

Can't you keep things that deal with the same location in the same thread?  Any chance?  I know you post so much crap you can't remember, but make an effort...  He are two other Washington State threads you have started since May...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, weepaws said:

Christian charity’s lawsuit over hiring practices can proceed.   Pray that they win, won’t be forced into hiring those that don’t believe in Jesus,  sadly they need to fight who they want to hire in court while living in a so called free country.   Amen 

Thanks 

The majority of humans alive don't believe in Jesus.  Maybe Jesus should have done a better job 2000+ years ago.  Or maybe God should have waited for social media to be invented to send his son down to do "miracles".

2 hours ago, purdygood said:

The majority of humans alive don't believe in Jesus.  Maybe Jesus should have done a better job 2000+ years ago.  Or maybe God should have waited for social media to be invented to send his son down to do "miracles".

1. I agree with you, it’s sad how many people choose hell.  

2.  I agree, it’s great how God has given man the wisdom and ability to use social media to reach people.  

Amen 

Thanks. 

2 hours ago, posty said:

Can't you keep things that deal with the same location in the same thread?  Any chance?  I know you post so much crap you can't remember, but make an effort...  He are two other Washington State threads you have started since May...

Why not start a thread of your own, call it potsy corner, one thread for all the uninteresting post about dead people.  Amen 

Thanks HTH. 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

2.  I agree, it’s great how God has given man the wisdom and ability to use social media to reach people.  

Amen 

Thanks. 

Not very many people choose hell.  In fact, they don't even believe there is a hell.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not very many people choose hell.  In fact, they don't even believe there is a hell.

Denying Jesus, is choosing Hell, no matter if you want to believe it or not.  I don’t believe in speed limits, but if I break the limit I still pay the penalty l just like in God’s court of judgement.  Dummy up. 

Just now, weepaws said:

Amen 

Thanks. 

What if we are in heaven right now and don't even realize it? And all religions are made up by random people? And when we die, it's just like before we were born... nothingness?   There is no heaven or hell.  Maybe that's the only reason we need to be good to each other, we are in heaven now.  I don't need a book written 2,000+ years ago or to go to church every Sunday to tell me that.

3 minutes ago, purdygood said:

What if we are in heaven right now and don't even realize it? And all religions are made up by random people? And when we die, it's just like before we were born... nothingness?   There is no heaven or hell.  Maybe that's the only reason we need to be good to each other, we are in heaven now.  I don't need a book written 2,000+ years ago or to go to church every Sunday to tell me that.

It’s obvious that you do need the Bible, cause you don’t know the truth, the wisdom of God escapes you.  Church, and the Bible, And other Saved Christians can be of help to bring into that wisdom of God.  Read up.  Amen 

Thanks 

God bless. 

Just now, weepaws said:

It’s obvious that you do need the Bible, cause you don’t know the truth, the wisdom of God escapes you.  Church, and the Bible, And other Saved Christians can be of help to bring into that wisdom of God.  Read up.  Amen 

Thanks 

God bless. 

I have read the bible many times. I went to church every sunday until i was 21. I went to sunday school every week.  It's all BS being preached by rubes and con artists and pedo's who just want to control people for their "tithing's".

Just now, purdygood said:

I have read the bible many times. I went to church every sunday until i was 21. I went to sunday school every week.  It's all BS being preached by rubes and con artists and pedo's.

See, once again you have made my point, you don’t have the wisdom of God in you.  You need to accept Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior, and repent from your filthy life style of sin.   Amen 

Thanks HTH. 

9 hours ago, purdygood said:

Most humans believe in God, be it Christian Muslims Hindus, whatever.

We are in America:

The Pew Research Center estimates that as of 2020, 64% of Americans, including adults and children, believe in Christianity. According to their research, about 30% of Americans identity as agnostic, atheist, or non-religious, and around 6% of Americans identify with other religions such as Islam, Hinduism, or Judaism.

• Like 1

Jesus believes in Free Will.  He doesn't control anything, hence, he would not need to "have done a better job".  It's probably why most true Christians are Republican's.  Democrats want to control people.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Jesus believes in Free Will.  He doesn't "control" anything.  It's probably why most true Christians are Republican's.  Democrats want to control people.

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.   (from the Holy Book of Peart) 

Just now, DonS said:

If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.   (from the Holy Book of Peart) 

But you have made the decision, not choosing Jesus, is choosing Hell.  It’s really great, God gave us a free will to choose, he could have simply made us robots,  but he made it easy for us.   Amen 

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Free Will.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, weepaws said:

But you have made the decision, not choosing Jesus, is choosing Hell.  It’s really great, God gave us a free will to choose, he could have simply made us robots,  but he made it easy for us.   Amen 

Thanks 

I choose not to go to hell.  I also choose to believe that religion may all be BS.  I do not deny there is a God or heaven and hell.  I accept the possibility of them not being real though.  I find nothing wrong with believing in Jesus and what the Bible says.  I have issues with those who claim their religion is the only way.  The end all, be all.  I don't believe it's all that simple.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I choose not to go to hell.  I also choose to believe that religion may all be BS.  I do not deny there is a God or heaven and hell.  I accept the possibility of them not being real though.  I find nothing wrong with believing in Jesus and what the Bible says.  I have issues with those who claim their religion is the only way.  The end all, be all.  I don't believe it's all that simple.

Would Jesus judge someone who didn't believe he had "super powers" or was the "son of god"?   From what I've been told, he wouldn't, he'd give me some fish and wine and wash my feet.  But if he is so all powerful, why doesn't he just come down right now and do an interview with Elon Musk on Twitter and clear all this up?

Just now, purdygood said:

Would Jesus judge someone who didn't believe he had "super powers" or was the "son of god"?   From what I've been told, he wouldn't, he'd give me some fish and wine and wash my feet.  But if he is so all powerful, why doesn't he just come down right now and do an interview with Elon Musk on Twitter and clear all this up?

Sure would be nice if he got rid of cancer.  Not a big fan with God's creation of that one.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I agree, I have a big problem with religion, but I don’t have a problem with what Jesus said, that He is the only way to Salvation with God, in Heaven, the way, Truth, life.  If you believe what  Jesus said, and the Bible, then why don’t you believe what Jesus said? 

3 minutes ago, purdygood said:

Yea the Romans said the same thing when Jesus was dying on the cross, why doesn’t He Save Himself, Not God’s plan.  

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Sure would be nice if he got rid of cancer.  Not a big fan with God's creation of that one.

No one is a fan of dying, every dies.   

Just now, weepaws said:

I agree, I have a big problem with religion, but I don’t have a problem with what Jesus said, that He is the only way to Salvation with God, in Heaven, the way, Truth, life.  If you believe what the Jesus said, and the Bible, then why don’t you believe what Jesus said? 

I have no way of knowing that any of it is truth.  It's blind faith and I don't like to go with blind faith.  As far as I know, religion was created to keep people in line and give them something to fight wars for.

Is everything you say accurate?  Maybe.  You're just as likely to be completely wrong.  If you want to believe everything you know is the only way then go right ahead.  Don't be telling others they are going to hell because they don't share the same beliefs though.

3 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No one is a fan of dying, every dies.   

Nice cop out.  Being religious is so easy, there is an excuse for everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, weepaws said:

Yea the Romans said the same thing when Jesus was dying on the cross, why doesn’t He Save Himself, Not God’s plan.  

Well god is a crappy god, for his only plan being to have his son killed by Romans and be like "let's see if this works" ... or wait... is Jesus even a person? or is he also god and the holy spirit at the same time?   and why do Muslims (who live in the area Jesus was from) believe in Jesus but think Mohammad was way cooler?

1 minute ago, purdygood said:

Well god is a crappy god, for his only plan being to have his son killed by Romans and be like "let's see if this works" ... or wait... is Jesus even a person? or is he also god and the holy spirit at the same time?   and why do Muslims (who live in the area Jesus was from) believe in Jesus but think Mohammad was way cooler?

How do we know which religion and God is the real God?  That one always got me.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

How do we know which religion and God is the real God?  That one always got me.

Because. It. Is. All. Made. Up.    People 2,000+ years ago were bored and made up stories to give them the warm and fuzzies. And for some reason, people today, still believe them.

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I have no way of knowing that any of it is truth.  It's blind faith and I don't like to go with blind faith.  As far as I know, religion was created to keep people in line and give them something to fight wars for.

Is everything you say accurate?  Maybe.  You're just as likely to be completely wrong.  If you want to believe everything you know is the only way then go right ahead.  Don't be telling others they are going to hell because they don't share the same beliefs though.

You said that you believe what Jesus says, and the Bible.  Now not so much. Denying Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior, after saying you believe, you are now calling Jesus a liar.   Shame. 

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Nice cop out.  Being religious is so easy, there is an excuse for everything.

Being religious is easy,  being a Christian is not,  is giving oneself up to the Lord God Almighty, doing something that goes against all will of man kind, repent of sin.   Amen 

Thanks 

14 minutes ago, purdygood said:

Why do they speak highly of Jesus, it’s in the Koran.  

Jesus did a great thing for those that accept Him,  man could not live up to God’s law for man, Jesus died for our Sins,  Thank you Jesus.  

You said that you believe what Jesus says, and the Bible.  Now not so much. Denying Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior, after saying you believe, you are now calling Jesus a liar.   Shame. 

I said I don't find anything wrong in believing it, not necessarily me.  That means I don't have a problem with you believing it but I have a problem with you telling others they need to or they are going to hell.

I also did not deny Jesus.  I am open to the possibility of his existence. 

Did you go through some trauma that made you like this?

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Being religious is easy,  being a Christian is not,  is giving oneself up to the Lord God Almighty, doing something that goes against all will of man kind, repent of sin.   Amen 

Thanks 

Still easy.  Christians do and say whatever they want and always have an excuse for it.  They always have that to hide behind.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Still easy.  Christians do and say whatever they want and always have an excuse for it.  They always have that to hide behind.

You say and do what you want, and always have an excuse for it,   What will be your excuse for calling Jesus a liar when you stand in front of God on judgement day?   Not good. 

25 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Jesus tells them that, it’s on the Bible. , but Jesus also tells Saved Christians to go preaching into the whole world, not asking you to believe me,  asking you to believe Jesus.  

You say and do what you want, and always have an excuse for it,   What will be your excuse for calling Jesus a liar when you stand in front of God on judgement day?   Not good. 

What do I say and do that I give an excuse for?  Your reading comprehension is either very poor or you are putting words in my mouth.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

What do I say and do that I give an excuse for?  Your reading comprehension is either very poor or you are putting words in my mouth.

Please do tell? 

Jesus tells them that, it’s on the Bible. , but Jesus also tells Saved Christians to go preaching into the whole world, not asking you to believe me,  asking you to believe Jesus.  

You don't like homosexuality and sex transitions shoved in your face, do you?  I know I don't.  I also don't like someone else's religion being shoved in my face.

Man, I sense you and I could have some good conversations.  People 2,000+ years ago didn’t need an old book, either.  Why?  Because, according to that old book, God was gracious enough to SHOW them.  But today?  No such grace for the people of today.  Why not?  In the book of Matthew Jesus even says ‘you’re only guilty of sin because I came and showed you…if I hadn’t, you wouldn’t be guilty of sin.’  I think an omnipotent Creator would obviously know that his rational, free-will creations wouldn’t be able to believe without something to base it on.  He’d know that.  

So why does 2024 only get a book?

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Please do tell? 

Tell you what?  I asked you the question.

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I have asked you at least twice in the past “Why do you believe what the Bible says?” and I asked it genuinely and without malice or snarkiness.  I really do want to know.  You didn’t answer before.  I can imagine what your answer is, but I’d prefer to see it from you.