Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Van Halen Videos on YouTube all of a sudden

I have no idea what I clicked, but I've got a slew of Van Halen videos showing up on my YouTube. Are you guys getting any interviews with David Lee Roth, or people talking about Eddie Van Halen (some very negatively). 

Maybe it's the algorithm, but I just don't recall looking at anything Van Halen. Wondering if some documentary is coming out and this is just ad related. 

11 minutes ago, peenie said:

I have no idea what I clicked, but I've got a slew of Van Halen videos showing up on my YouTube. Are you guys getting any interviews with David Lee Roth, or people talking about Eddie Van Halen (some very negatively). 

Maybe it's the algorithm, but I just don't recall looking at anything Van Halen. Wondering if some documentary is coming out and this is just ad related. 

I am as well. It’s either related to Sammy’s tour or the Alex Van Halen book coming out soon. 

3 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

I am as well. It’s either related to Sammy’s tour or the Alex Van Halen book coming out soon. 

Both, in all likelihood. Sounds like Alex and Sammy are not on speaking terms anymore. Sad!

Favorite band of mine growing up. Got over Diver Down, but 1984 was the end for me. Hated the whole Van Hagar thing.

A bit racist....

I still think DLR is a cool funny guy.

I think I saw a video that said they made Michael Anthony sign over his rights or something like that. 

YouTube has Unchained the Van Halen videos, and you should Jump at the chance to watch them. Why did they release them? You Really Got Me on that one.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, peenie said:

I think I saw a video that said they made Michael Anthony sign over his rights or something like that. 

Thanks Peenie. They just popped up for the first time. Nikki Six said he wanted the looks of DLR and the vibe of Bowie and he found it in Vince Neil via Tommy Lee.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, peenie said:

At some point they made him a contract employee rather than a partner.  It sounded like what the Eagles did to Don Felder.  

• Sad 1

If you heard one of their songs, you heard them all.  

4 hours ago, Fnord said:

Sounds like Alex and Sammy are not on speaking terms anymore. Sad!

Because the Van Halen's are D-Bags 

36 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

Okay Dave. I see you. He's still got it. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Not a huge fan but that is just a terrible take imo.

Anyway, I just read this article today...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/kenny_wayne_shepherd_recalls_what_people_got_wrong_about_eddie_van_halen_reveals_what_david_lee_roth_is_really_like.html

17 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

Wow. Took a bad song and made it a really bad song. Horrible.  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

The DLR Era of Van Halen is my favorite, the 'brown' sound, the Hard Rockin' RB, Eddie playing the guitar like nobody had ever heard before and David's incredible lyrics to support that sound, but man DLR is a weak singer. Ted Templeman was a wizard to make him sound good. 

20 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Because the Van Halen's are D-Bags 

Meh. DLR honestly seems like a much bigger a-hole than the VH brothers. Anthony and Hagar always came off as good dudes.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

The DLR Era of Van Halen is my favorite, the 'brown' sound, the Hard Rockin' RB, Eddie playing the guitar like nobody had ever heard before and David's incredible lyrics to support that sound, but man DLR is a weak singer. Ted Templeman was a wizard to make him sound good. 

I actually prefer the Hagar years a bit more. 5150 and F-U-C-K were better records than all the Roth albums save maybe the debut. Roth's voice and lyrics both pale in comparison to Hagar.

I don't usually care at all when famous people die, but Eddie's passing was sad AF. Same with Lemmy.

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Did DLR’s voice suck in the late 70-‘s to mid 80’s and it was all Templeman in the studio and lots of Miller Lite at the concerts?  His voice has been shot for a long time.  

I’ve been hearing a lot of Mooneys Crying lately. 

Today I saw this one:

On 8/16/2024 at 4:50 PM, weepaws said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose, but i couldnt disagree more.  I get that there's a guitar solo in every song but thats about as much as i would concede to your point.

Well that’s a fact I didn’t know but makes sense:

Dave was just a little too cool. The only explanation was black or gay.