Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Flying under the Radar

1) You will not even recognize Saquan Barkley as he runs wild with Eagles

2) Aaron Rodgers don't count the old man out he's got a high football IQ and something to prove..., Morgan Moses keeps him protected 

Just saying I think they should be higher then there adp

Who you got? 

Diontae Johnson. Yeah I know panthers and whatnot. He will be a true #1 and his ADP is nice.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Rb 6 isn't exactly under the radar.  Regardless, you'll recognize him - look for the guy on the sidelines watching Hurts cannibalize goal line Tds.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Rb 6 isn't exactly under the radar.  Regardless, you'll recognize him - look for the guy on the sidelines watching Hurts cannibalize goal line Tds.

Bet he has a better year then cmc

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Bet he has a better year then cmc

I'll see you in the Bold Predictions thread. Coming soon.

I don’t understand the thread, what’s under the radar about Barkley.  

I’ll say Jacobs at Rb. 

Rice at wr.  

Qb, Te, Def, Kicker, double digit round 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I don’t understand the thread, what’s under the radar about Barkley.  

I’ll say Jacobs at Rb. 

Rice at wr.  

Qb, Te, Def, Kicker, double digit round 

There's a lot you don't understand 

2 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

2) Aaron Rodgers don't count the old man out he's got a high football IQ and something to prove..., Morgan Moses keeps him protected 

Just saying I think they should be higher then there adp

Who you got? 

If quitting on your team is a sign of high football IQ, you might be right about Discount Double Douche.

2 minutes ago, JagFan said:

If quitting on your team is a sign of high football IQ, you might be right about Discount Double Douche.

I bet your voting for Kamala smh

1 hour ago, gcmmidwest said:

There's a lot you don't understand 

I don’t understand the OP. 

I've got a bunch of late round players I expect to vastly exceed adp, but my favorite... Rb 28 - Z. Moss. The starting Rb for the high-scoring Bengals is fantasy gold and I don't believe the Chase Brown hype. If I'm dead wrong - Moss is a 7th round pick who still probably finishes Rb 28+-. But if I'm right, could be top 15, possibly top 10. Look what Mixon and his unimpressive metrics did for years in Cinci. I'm buying Moss at that adp. Actually surprised it's so low - God bless Chase Brown hype.

4 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Rodgers is strange... if he finished top 5 - nobody would be shocked; if he finished 25th - nobody would be shocked.

I think he probably will outperform his Qb 18 adp, but by how much is anyone's guess.

Not that much of a fan of Moss with the Bengals, I do think C Brown steals on the targets, which really helped Mixon and his final rankings, Mixon was 10th last season in targets, and 7th in targets in 2022.  

Both of then have very favorable adp. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Not that much of a fan of Moss with the Bengals, I do think C Brown steals on the targets, which really helped Mixon had his final rankings, Mixon was 10th last season in targets, and 7th in targets in 2022.  

Brown will steal targets. Although only had 15 targets last year, albeit 12 games. So maybe it goes up to 2 or 3 targets per game. And maybe some change of pace work. He probably isn't getting goal line or the bulk of early down work and there should still be plenty of other targets left for Moss. Plus always a chance Moss simply blows up... this is essentially his last chance to be a big time NFL Rb. He landed in the right spot for that opportunity. More specifically - he chose that team, as the Cowboys reportedly made an offer as well which he declined.

We're talking Rb 28 ... 7th round. It's not like your risking all the marbles. Looks like a sound investment to me.

4 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I bet not as much is my guess this year for hurts. But you are right, Barkley's ADP is round 2 at the moment..

37 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I bet not as much is my guess this year for hurts.

I keep reading people say that (mostly Barkley supporters) ... "They want to stop relying on the tush push." "Don't want Hurts to get injured." "They lost Kelce so it'll be different now." I'll believe it when I see it. They've perfected a damn near unstoppable play. Hurts leads the league in rushing Tds over the past 3 years. "But now they have the legendary Barkley!" It's still an unstoppable play and Barkley's metrics haven't been legendary for years, but as they say - legends never die.

8 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I keep reading people say that (mostly Barkley supporters) ... "They want to stop relying on the tush push." "Don't want Hurts to get injured." "They lost Kelce so it'll be different now." I'll believe it when I see it. They've perfected a damn near unstoppable play. Hurts leads the league in rushing Tds over the past 3 years. "But now they have the legendary Barkley!" It's still an unstoppable play and Barkley's metrics haven't been legendary for years, but as they say - legends never die.

Well, in my book, neither are a legend at this point. But I'm guessing philly wants to keep Hurts healty as he gets older. 

17 hours ago, jrokh said:

Diontae Johnson. Yeah I know panthers and whatnot. He will be a true #1 and his ADP is nice.

I've been very slow to come around on Johnson... partly because I correctly predicted how bad he would be last year. So he goes to Panthers and I figured 'ok he sucked at Pitt, he'll continue to suck at the sucky Panthers.' But the more I think about it... he probably won't. He steps in as the best receiving option on the team - sorry Theilen but the party's over. The offense will almost certainly be improved with new coaches and another year for Young.

Johnson's adp is Wr 38. I can't fathom he does worse than that. Don't foresee top 20, but somewhere in that range. So ... value.

The last five years that Mixon had as a bengals rb, His per att avg was 3.94.  Their Oline isn’t very good , and I don’t see  Moss having more ff success, he’s not going to get the total volume Mixon received.   I expect C Brown will be much more involved in his second season. 

8 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

I bet your voting for Kamala smh

No, I’m tired of seeing jobs outsourced to India.

10 hours ago, JagFan said:

Show us on the doll where Aaron Rodgers touched you

• Like 1

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

The last five years that Mixon had as a bengals rb, His per att avg was 3.94.  Their Oline isn’t very good , and I don’t see  Moss having more ff success, he’s not going to get the total volume Mixon received.   I expect C Brown will be much more involved in his second season. 

Out of 6864 posts I agree with this one 

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

Bengals o-line should improve with a top free agent signing (Brown), 1st round pick (Mims), and Orlando Brown finally healthy. Burrow's potent offense kept defenses honest which helped open lanes for Mixon - no change there.

Zac Taylor has used a bell-cow back all five seasons he's coached (Mixon had 80% of carries last year). Nobody knows what the split is now, but seems likely the $4 mil free agent coming off two solid seasons, gets the bulk over the second-year 5th round draft pick out of Illinois who spent 5 years in college and has a total of 44 NFL carries. Probably boils down to how Moss plays.... if he's effective, they'll keep feeding him. People just assume Brown will be "much more involved." Based on what?

3 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Show us on the doll where Aaron Rodgers touched you

Sounds like you speak from experience!  I can tell you what he won’t be touching….my roster.  No Jets will be at their ADPs.  Jets gonna Jet like always.

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Bengals o-line should improve with a top free agent signing (Brown), 1st round pick (Mims), and Orlando Brown finally healthy. Burrow's potent offense kept defenses honest which helped open lanes for Mixon - no change there.

we would hope they would be better.

draft picks sometimes take a while to come around.  its not always plug and play.

it also takes time for these guys to learn to play together.   they literally reconstructed half the line.

my guess (though that is only a guess) is the line looks a lot better in the second half than they do in the first half of the season.   it may be tough sledding the first few games, so I'd look at getting a piece of the bengals run game 4 or 5 games into the season if they are underperforming at that point.   you can buy low if that happens and in the second half you reap the benefits.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

we would hope they would be better.

draft picks sometimes take a while to come around.  its not always plug and play.

it also takes time for these guys to learn to play 

I've been waiting for jk dobbins for like 3 years now 

1 minute ago, gcmmidwest said:

I've been waiting for jk dobbins for like 3 years now 

coming back from a major injury.  I'd bet against THAT.   at least this year.

(of course now that I said this watch him go off)

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

coming back from a major injury.  I'd bet against THAT.   at least this year.

(of course now that I said this watch him go off)

It's sad because he looked amazing his rookie season.  Since then he's suffered a torn ACL (not the end of the world), and a torn Achilles (it's the end of the world)...

Truly hope he breaks the Achilles curse of death, because he's a really cool/likeable dude in interviews and it'd be an amazing comeback story. Give hope to all future Achilles Rbs, because as of now... there's no hope.

27 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

It's sad because he looked amazing his rookie season.  Since then he's suffered a torn ACL (not the end of the world), and a torn Achilles (it's the end of the world)...

Truly hope he breaks the Achilles curse of death, because he's a really cool/likeable dude in interviews and it'd be an amazing comeback story. Give hope to all future Achilles Rbs, because as of now... there's no hope.

sadly an Achilles that requires surgery has ended the career of many RB's.   it sounds like the new surgical technique is a bit better so the recovery rate will be a bit higher than it was, but still I'd say his chances of a full recovery is 50-50 at best.   I feel for the poor guy

27 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

sadly an Achilles that requires surgery has ended the career of many RB's.

Achilles has ended the fantasy value of all Rbs. 2022 Donta Foreman is the high-water mark... 914 yds and 5 tds, five years after the Achilles. That's it.  

Someday a Rb will finally overcome the Achilles. I hope it's Dobbins, but I wouldn't bank on it.

D Johnson has an injury issue. 

I see Rotoworld is still telling you when to go to the bathroom. If you actually investigated other sources, you'd see he is fine... HTH...

That’s good news, I’m glad he’s going to be fine.  

39 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Achilles has ended the fantasy value of all Rbs. 2022 Donta Foreman is the high-water mark... 914 yds and 5 tds, five years after the Achilles. That's it.  

Someday a Rb will finally overcome the Achilles. I hope it's Dobbins, but I wouldn't bank on it.

most recent was Akers.   he came back to play the next year in LA.  then went to Minny and played a half year.   hes just signed in Houston as a backup.

and his comeback is likely better than what most RB's get.

6 hours ago, jrokh said:

I see Rotoworld is still telling you when to go to the bathroom.

:blink:

Wow. Great take. :wacko:

10 hours ago, jrokh said:

I see Rotoworld is still telling you when to go to the bathroom. If you actually investigated other sources, you'd see he is fine... HTH...

So I get those instructions from Roto?   Clearly I'm going at the wrong time.    I dont know what to do!  help!   Dr. Roto!

17 hours ago, Ray_T said:

most recent was Akers.   he came back to play the next year in LA.  then went to Minny and played a half year.   hes just signed in Houston as a backup.

and his comeback is likely better than what most RB's get.

Akers tore his Achilles twice - same leg. Amazing he's still in the league.

Minshew has the best wrs he’s ever had. Under radar QB 2

Aiyuk holds in, Kittle had core muscle surgery of season. Samuel reported in great shape. Samuel a little under the radar. Deep sleeper: Jacob Cowing as he is picking up the Shanahan offense.

• Like 1

Just did a mock draft zamir white is in stealth mode round 7 for a rb1 that's crazy 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Just did a mock draft zamir white is in stealth mode round 7 for a rb1 that's crazy 

If I had to pick one Rb to finish with the most carries this year, I'd bet on Z. White.