GobbleDog

2024 Bold Predictions

That time of year gentlemen - put up or shut up. I figure some of yall are drafting this week so let's do this before everyone inducts their team to the HOF.

1) Keon Coleman (Wr 50) has double digit Tds - Slow and no separation, but rebounds like Wilt Chamberlain.

2) Saquon Barkley finishes outside top 20 Rbs. Legendary no more.

3) Brock Bowers (Te 11) finishes top 5 Te. There's a new sheriff in town.

4) Zamir White has 300+ carries. Coach loves bell-horses & work-cows.

5) Terry McLaurin (Wr 32) finishes top 15 Wr. Redskins have a tomahawk thrower.

6) Zack Moss (Rb 34) finishes top 10 Rb. High-powered Bengals could vault Stephen Hawking to fantasy greatness.

7) Devon Achane finishes outside top 20 Rbs. Unsustainable metrics aren't ... um, sustainable.

8)) Malik Nabers finishes with more fantasy points than Marvin Harrison. And his daddy.

9) Tua Taovailoa finishes with most Tds in the league. 2024 remembered as Year of the Fish.

10) Chicago Bears remain the only team to never have a Qb throw 4,000+ passing yards. Eternal punishment for the Superbowl Shuffle.

What yall got?

I go undefeated in one of my two ff leagues, never have I done that, playing since 1988, I retire from playing ff.  

Kupp finishes wr1.  

Henry rb 1.  

Pitts te 1 

Texans win the super bowl.  

Oh I forgot a Qb,  mmm.  Burrow stays healthy and finishes QB 1. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Texans win the super bowl.  

They're actually tied for 7th favorite to win it all... so midly bold.   ;)

It's crazy what the Watson trade did for that team. 3 first-rounds, a third, and 2 fourths. To go with their own draft picks. Good lord. If they do win it all they should give Watson a Superbowl ring.

23 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

It's crazy what the Watson trade did for that team. 3 first-rounds, a third, and 2 fourths. To go with their own draft picks. Good lord. If they do win it all they should give Watson a Superbowl ring.

At least invite him to the ring ceremony.  😏

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Maybe just send him a gift certificate for a free massage.

• Haha 1

As a bonus, I'll also go with the same bold prediction I've made the last two years.  

Even though they are now different teams: Gabe Davis scores more fantasy points than Stefon Diggs.

23 minutes ago, Showboat said:

Maybe just send him a gift certificate for a free massage.

Nice. 

* Will finish the fantasy-season; scoring within TOP-5 of the position:  QB: Jordan Love.  RB: Travis Etienne. WR: Drake London.  TE: David Njoku

* Will finish the fantasy-season; scoring within TOP-10 of the position:  QB: Jared Goff.  RB: Jonathan Brooks. WR: Deebo Samuel.  TE: Brock Bowers

* Will finish the fantasy-season; scoring within TOP-15 of the position:  QB: Aaron Rodgers.  RB: Javonte Williams. WR: Rashee Rice.  TE: Greg Dulcich

Chiefs win the super bowl

Gardner Minshew finishes top 10 QB

Tom Brady comes out of retirement and signs with Minny

Travis Kelce moves to Mexico with Taylor Swift after the election in November …KC misses playoffs 

Tim Patrick finishes top 20 WR in PPR 

• Haha 1

Achane maintains his limited usage while his efficiency regresses, Mostert falls off the age cliff and Jaylen Wright becomes the back to have in MIA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

Travis Kelce moves to Mexico with Taylor Swift after the election in November …KC misses playoffs 

Love the call on Patrick.  Top 35 = fully realistic if healthy.

5 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

Achane maintains his limited usage while his efficiency regresses, Mostert falls off the age cliff and Jaylen Wright becomes the back to have in MIA.

His ADP is great.  

16 hours ago, JagFan said:

You might as well just say Mahomes misses half the season, that is only correlation to cause KC to miss playoffs.  

1 hour ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

You might as well just say Mahomes misses half the season, that is only correlation to cause KC to miss playoffs.  

I don’t mess with the FF gods by predicting injuries, and I believe the topic is “bold” predictions.  I’m good!

Ezekiel Elliott finishes as a top 10 RB in PPR

• Confused 1

Jacoby Brissett finishes top 10

Greg Dortch finishes Top 20

Xavier Worthy is the KC wr 1 by end of th season and also returns 3 tds this year.

Deebo Samuel is 49ers Wr1

Aiyuk is traded to New England after all

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Ezekiel Elliott finishes as a top 10 RB in PPR

👍

#1- QB Michael Penix replaces Kirk Cousins after week 5. Won't say why but this is a bold prediction.

#2- WR Michael Wilson leads all Arizona receivers in yards and tds. Even with Marvelous Marvin Harrison on the team to probably always draw double coverage that will leave the door open for Wilson to have an excellant sophomore season. He's clearly the 3rd option but that won't hinder him leading the team. Very bold.

#3-RB Zamir White- with Jacobs gone and not much behind him Zamir will put up very good numbers both rushing and receiving. He'll finish in the top 10 for RBs this year. Mini-bold.

I will start with my 2023’s. 

Posted September 3, 2023

So let’s give it another shot!

if Bosa signs, then, SF will be the top defense.

TUA goes off and is the top scoring quarterback with over 5000 yards and 40+ touchdowns. MIA WINS SB over SF.

Chase is the number one wide receiver.

M Thomas is comeback player of the year with 1,300yds &12tds.

I also said MOSTERT could be a top 10 running back!”

Absolutely love my Tua and Mostert picks!  M Thomas was a total bust! 

This year my 2024 Bold picks

Evan Engram #1 scoring TE -BY A LOT!

JORDAN love #1 qb

Mostert again a top 10 RB!

Bears make the playoffs!

A Rogers announces retirement….

1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

Absolutely love my Tua and Mostert picks!  M Thomas was a total bust! 

Tua finished 18th last year (wk 1-17) in pt/gm (10 overall) mostly due to only playing the first half in several games (score out of hand) and Mostert fluking an absurd amount of Tds.  I expect much better this season, with another season in the McDaniel's system, additions of Jonu Smith, Odel Beckham, and offensive draft weapons. Probably much fewer Mostert vultures, and maybe one or two random rushing Tds for Tua... 

Adp Qb 15 ... seems incredibly low.

On 8/23/2024 at 7:14 PM, Lake209 said:

* Will finish the fantasy-season; scoring within TOP-10 of the position:  TE: Brock Bowers

Te 11 to finish top 10 .?.

Bold

6 hours ago, DocNiner said:

#2- WR Michael Wilson leads all Arizona receivers in yards and tds.

Quite bold. Even if he doesn't, I do feel like Wilson is being over-looked with all the Harrison and McBride hype. 

I'd feel better about Wilson if Murray was a more prolific passer. Five years in the league and never reached 4,000 yds?  That's shameful in the modern day pass-friendly NFL. 

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Tua finished 18th last year (wk 1-17) in pt/gm (10 overall) mostly due to only playing the first half in several games (score out of hand) and Mostert fluking an absurd amount of Tds.  I expect much better this season, with another season in the McDaniel's system, additions of Jonu Smith, Odel Beckham, and offensive draft weapons. Probably much fewer Mostert vultures, and maybe one or two random rushing Tds for Tua... 

Adp Qb 15 ... seems incredibly low.

Tua lead the league in passing yards with almost 4700 and then threw another 29 touchdowns. I’d say I wasn’t pretty far off on my prediction as most people thought he wasn’t gonna last three games.

Mostert was absolute gold pick of the year. Anyone who drafted him probably ended up in the playoffs if not the championship game.

I also nailed the 49ers losing in the Super Bowl. Just picked the wrong team to beat them! 

anyhow, how are your predictions last year?

16 minutes ago, justforbeer said:

anyhow, how are your predictions last year?

2023 Bold Predictions

Raiders & Bucs finish with a combined total of 7 wins. Ya don’t sign Garoppolo and Mayfield unless you’re serious about full tank mode.  - Totally missed the boat. Bucs made playoffs and Raiders had 8 wins.

Nico Collins (Wr 53) finishes top 25. Cooks left town and 3rd year Collins steps up with a massively upgraded team.  Nico finished Wr 18. Nailed it!

Justin Herbert will break Manning’s single season passing record of 5,477 yds. After playing with broken ribs, bruised sternum and torn labrum (still passing 4,700+) Herbert is finally healthy. The old dink and dunk OC is gone replaced by high-flying Kellen Moore. - Herbert played 13 games for 3,134 yds... not even close.

George Pickens scores more fantasy points than Dionte Johnson. Though both unreliable due to pathetic Qb. Diontae just isn’t a #1 Wr. Pickens finished Wr 22, Johnson Wr 50. Nailed it!

Sam Howell (Qb 29) finishes top 15. Josh-Allen-Lite is flying under everyone’s radar, but won’t be after this year.  Howell finished Qb 11. Nailed it!

Miami Dolphins replicate ’72 Dolphins by going undefeated. 2023 is forever known as Year of the FishUndefeated was a bit much, but 11-6 was damn good. Partial credit.

7 hours ago, DocNiner said:

#1- QB Michael Penix replaces Kirk Cousins after week 5. Won't say why but this is a bold prediction.

#2- WR Michael Wilson leads all Arizona receivers in yards and tds. Even with Marvelous Marvin Harrison on the team to probably always draw double coverage that will leave the door open for Wilson to have an excellant sophomore season. He's clearly the 3rd option but that won't hinder him leading the team. Very bold.

#3-RB Zamir White- with Jacobs gone and not much behind him Zamir will put up very good numbers both rushing and receiving. He'll finish in the top 10 for RBs this year. Mini-bold.

Why ?? 

Justin Fields overtakes Russell Wilson and finishes top 12.

Chubba Hubbard never relinquishes the primary back role.

Kirk Cousins does for Pitts at TE what he did for Hock in Minny.

Justin Herbert is a steal late in drafts as the Chargers play catch up and Herbie amasses garbage time numbers.

• Like 1

CeeDee lamb turns into the new Antonio Brown 

20 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

2023 Bold Predictions

Raiders & Bucs finish with a combined total of 7 wins. Ya don’t sign Garoppolo and Mayfield unless you’re serious about full tank mode.  - Totally missed the boat. Bucs made playoffs and Raiders had 8 wins.

Nico Collins (Wr 53) finishes top 25. Cooks left town and 3rd year Collins steps up with a massively upgraded team.  Nico finished Wr 18. Nailed it!

Justin Herbert will break Manning’s single season passing record of 5,477 yds. After playing with broken ribs, bruised sternum and torn labrum (still passing 4,700+) Herbert is finally healthy. The old dink and dunk OC is gone replaced by high-flying Kellen Moore. - Herbert played 13 games for 3,134 yds... not even close.

George Pickens scores more fantasy points than Dionte Johnson. Though both unreliable due to pathetic Qb. Diontae just isn’t a #1 Wr. Pickens finished Wr 22, Johnson Wr 50. Nailed it!

Sam Howell (Qb 29) finishes top 15. Josh-Allen-Lite is flying under everyone’s radar, but won’t be after this year.  Howell finished Qb 11. Nailed it!

Miami Dolphins replicate ’72 Dolphins by going undefeated. 2023 is forever known as Year of the FishUndefeated was a bit much, but 11-6 was damn good. Partial credit.

The Collins a decent pick but everything else is just fodder……

how is Sam Howell a nailed it pick?  Yes he somehow is a top 15 for last year but where is he a QB this year?

21 hours ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Why ?? 

WHY he is replaced by Penix is merely.a.premonition I have had. I'm not a Nostradamus but I have gotten these feelings about other players in the past. Not many but a majority of them have.echoed how I felt about them in their.respective seasons. So to cut to the chase  the WHY about Kirk Cousins being replaced is.because of an injury. Now.mind you I NEVER want to see.an NFL player get injured but this year I've felt pretty strong about the Cousins situation. 

First,.he's getting older.and skills will sometimes diminish. I don't.think Cousins skills have diminished greatly as indicated by the last couple of years he's.been a fairly productive NFL and FANTASY.player. My concern for him is his health. He tore his AXHILLES TENDON late in the 2023 season.  Yes I'm sure he's done all the rehab given to him correctly and has done all he can to strengthen that tendon. It is something.that can cause problems for a player because of all the strain that's put on it. While I sincerely hope nothing happens to him I just dkn't feel he'll be able to make it through the season in large part because of the injury he suffered to his Achilles Tendon. And I say this because other NFL pundits and prognosticators have lowered Cousins ranking for QBs. Also,.my feeling is.that he's.putting a lot of unnecessary pressure on himself by trying to turn this franchise around and make them contenders in the NFC. He's going to lose sight of his previous injury and.play like it never happened.and thus by doing that it is going to cause an injury that.could out himself on the sideline for an extended period of time. Atlant IS leery of Cousins injury by the drafting of Michael Penix at puck #8 in this years.draft.

As.I.said I never want to see a player get injured but I'm afraid that may be the case this year with Lirk Cousins. Penix comes in.to replace him.just before the middle of the season.and leaving C I using on the bench dealing with his injury for the remainder of the season. While I've been a little lengthy with my explanation of WHY.about Cousins just don't be surprised that the very productive QB ends up unable to finish.the 2024.season.

• Like 1

Gotcha....for sure see that as a plausible scenario....wasn't sure if it was something other than a football related reason.....thanks 

1 hour ago, justforbeer said:

The Collins a decent pick but everything else is just fodder……

how is Sam Howell a nailed it pick?  Yes he somehow is a top 15 for last year but where is he a QB this year?

Fodder? 3 of 4 player predictions ain't bad. Pickens was Wr 35 last year, while everyone was talking about "the 150+ targets Johnson was supposed to get." I wasn't falling for that bs.  And yes, Howell... Qb 29 with a top 15 finish is a winnah. Nevermind where he is now... whole Redskins regime got canned.  Love to hear your bold prediction this year of a Qb 29 or lower who'll finish top 15. 

Still surprised how wrong I was about Herbert - breaking the all-time record was pushing it, but I really thought he'd break 5,000. But only on pace for 4,100.  Oh well.

This year, I'm going 10 for 10. :banana:

2 hours ago, justforbeer said:

That's the one you chose to question?  He gave himself "partial" credit for the Dolphins going 20-0... they lost 6 games and lost their only playoff game.  LOL  That's not partial, that's not even in the ballpark.  Heck, he's not even in the right city.  🤣

55 minutes ago, Nomad99 said:

Nix finishes top 10😮

When Bo Nix played for Auburn, I thought he looked good. Then of course he transfers to Oregon, which was odd because usually players leave a small school for a bigger one or they aren't getting playing time. Nix was the starter and Auburn is big SEC school, but the team wasn't great, so it's as if Nix fired them. In any case, at Oregon the team did really well so when he got drafted I assumed the scouts would love him... wrong. Scouts hate him saying all he does is short dump offs and any time he has to go to his second read he gets easily flummoxed. Shows what I know.

But now it makes perfect sense why Denver took him. Nobody likes short dump offs more than Sean Payton. McLaughlin might the main benefactor.  As for Nix finishing top 10... quite bold.

5 hours ago, justforbeer said:

Josh-Allen-Lite is flying under everyone’s radar, but won’t be after this year

This is why I picked it.  He’s so far under the radar after last year that I don’t think anybody even knows which team he plays for….

but also, having a top 15 quarterback is not gonna win you anything, so I’m not sure how valuable that even is.

11 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Well, didn’t see that coming 😂.  I guess that bold projection is a lot like my FF team last year after taking Chubb in the 1st round….over before it started.  
I am a little surprised based on the preseason he’s had, and the alleged chemistry with Nix.