Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Graded Sealed VHS Tapes

Back To The Future, ET, Star Wars and etc. anybody have any sealed ones laying around that could be graded for huge bucks ? Wonder where they find the sealed 80's ones ?

I have a baseball collection from the junk wax era that I would fight to the death for. I don’t have any VHS movies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

I have a baseball collection from the junk wax era that I would fight to the death for. I don’t have any VHS movies. 

That is cool, I been finding a couple unopened vhs copies here and there at thrift stores but none 1st print ones from the 80's that go for big bucks. Found a 1996 Clamshell ET sealed yesterday at Goodwill. Wish it was 1st print.

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

That is cool, I been finding a couple unopened vhs copies here and there at thrift stores but none 1st print ones from the 80's that go for big bucks. Found a 1996 Clamshell ET sealed yesterday at Goodwill. Wish it was 1st print.

I would ask to see what ui have, but apparently it’s copyright infringers. I took a couple pics of some baseball cards a while back and posted them here via Imgur and they banned me from uploading anymore pics. 

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I would ask to see what ui have, but apparently it’s copyright infringers. I took a couple pics of some baseball cards a while back and posted them here via Imgur and they banned me from uploading anymore pics. 

Wow that's crazy, I been collecting out of print dvd's the last couple months and been keeping a eye out for sealed vhs,. If the 90's ones ever have value I got a sealed Armageddon & Independence Day.

Interesting thread. Amazing to see the prices people pay for sports cards, and things like this. I keep thinking that it's all a bubble ready to burst, but admittedly, I've been thinking that for a long time and it hasn't happened. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Interesting thread. Amazing to see the prices people pay for sports cards, and things like this. I keep thinking that it's all a bubble ready to burst, but admittedly, I've been thinking that for a long time and it hasn't happened. 

Agreed and think the rarity is what keeps this graded stuff going.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Agreed and think the rarity is what keeps this graded stuff going.

Agree 100%

I registered at eBay in 2002, & started flipping graded cards. I remember buying a Dan Marino PSA 9 rookie for $100, and selling it for $200 the next week.

Of course that was back before sniping software was born. 

Automated bid sniping software
Many websites and software packages offer automated bidding based on the end time of an eBay auction. They try to automatically place your bid just before the auction ends, and some try to synchronize with eBay servers to ensure your bid wins.

Something else I had a lot of fun with was buying graded cards from grading companies that for whatever reason, had a bad reputation. Honest to God, there was one called snaggletooth grading :)

The irony is that no one would buy graded cards from companies like that, even if the cards were correctly graded. This is probably unethical, but I'd buy those cards, carefully cut the case open using a table saw at work, & turn around & sell them for many times what I paid.

That didn't last long, but it was a lot of fun while it did.

4 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Agree 100%

I registered at eBay in 2002, & started flipping graded cards. I remember buying a Dan Marino PSA 9 rookie for $100, and selling it for $200 the next week.

Of course that was back before sniping software was born. 

Automated bid sniping software
Many websites and software packages offer automated bidding based on the end time of an eBay auction. They try to automatically place your bid just before the auction ends, and some try to synchronize with eBay servers to ensure your bid wins.

Something else I had a lot of fun with was buying graded cards from grading companies that for whatever reason, had a bad reputation. Honest to God, there was one called snaggletooth grading :)

The irony is that no one would buy graded cards from companies like that, even if the cards were correctly graded. This is probably unethical, but I'd buy those cards, carefully cut the case open using a table saw at work, & turn around & sell them for many times what I paid.

That didn't last long, but it was a lot of fun while it did.

Cool stories and maybe unethical but sounds legal.B)

• Like 1