Sign in to follow this  
edjr

how many CDs can you buy with 136 million?

In 2019 WR Sammy Watkins had the highest cap hit on the chiefs at 19m.  The chiefs went on to win the SB that year. 

Amazing that we have almost 60 super bowls to reflect on, that have been won in every form and fashion, and knuckle heads still think there is a formula.  Pay no mind to what you see I guess.  

Imagine finding your QB.  Making a SB early in process.  And having to deal with a guy like Jamar Chase disrupting practice and playing games.  Thr Bengals are trying to compete for Championships.  

He has 2 years left.  Jefferson was drafted 1 year ahead and didnt sign a deal until this season.  Lamb was a year ahead.  Got a deal this season.  

Superstar WRs are a headache.  

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Imagine finding your QB.  Making a SB early in process.  And having to deal with a guy like Jamar Chase disrupting practice and playing games.  Thr Bengals are trying to compete for Championships.  

He has 2 years left.  Jefferson was drafted 1 year ahead and didnt sign a deal until this season.  Lamb was a year ahead.  Got a deal this season.  

Superstar WRs are a headache.  

That is why to me guys like Rice,. Harrison, Bruce, who HT claims were "top paid" WRs, times were different then. Did any of those guys hold our and disrupt their team?

The Ocho Stinkos, The TO's, the Moss', the Keyshaun's. What did those clowns win?

On 8/27/2024 at 4:15 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Amazing that we have almost 60 super bowls to reflect on, that have been won in every form and fashion, and knuckle heads still think there is a formula.  Pay no mind to what you see I guess.  

That is true. 100%   However, Diva WRs don't help teams win it all. Yes, you can say Michael Irvin.  I think he was more of a public nuisance than a DIVA

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

That is true. 100%   However, Diva WRs don't help teams win it all. Yes, you can say Michael Irvin.  I think he was more of a public nuisance than a DIVA

I think you meant to type Terrell Owens....

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

I think you meant to type Terrell Owens....

No,  Irvin won it all, thrice with Dallas.  TO was the ULTIMATE Diva

6 minutes ago, edjr said:

No,  Irvin won it all, thrice with Dallas.  TO was the ULTIMATE Diva

TO was the ultimate cancer.....

7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

TO was the ultimate cancer.....

Recorded with a potato

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Recorded with a potato

It’s weird: TO did everything he could to destroy that Eagles team. And I sort of love him anyway. :wub: 

Just now, MDC said:

It’s weird: TO did everything he could to destroy that Eagles team. And I sort of love him anyway. :wub: 

You have to love the playing on a broken leg in the super bowl. I don't get the hate for McNafro, I liked him. 

I don't think I ever had TO on a fantasy football team, but I too loved the guy. I didn't have to deal with him. 

Just now, edjr said:

You have to love the playing on a broken leg in the super bowl. I don't get the hate for McNafro, I liked him. 

I don't think I ever had TO on a fantasy football team, but I too loved the guy. I didn't have to deal with him. 

TO was just a ton of fun. Cracked in the head, but an amazing player and showman.

I got tired of McNabb’s shiit in the later end of his career. 

Just now, MDC said:

TO was just a ton of fun. Cracked in the head, but an amazing player and showman.

I got tired of McNabb’s shiit in the later end of his career. 

I can't really think of any of the diva WRs I didn't like. None of them every played for the Patriots. The one that did Moss, was a good soldier when he was here. 

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

I can't really think of any of the diva WRs I didn't like. None of them every played for the Patriots. The one that did Moss, was a good soldier when he was here. 

Antonio Brown maybe? But he was insane. I sort of miss the diva wideout era. None of this new crop are much fun and choreographed touchdown celebrations are gay AF.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Antonio Brown maybe? But he was insane. I sort of miss the diva wideout era. None of this new crop are much fun and choreographed touchdown celebrations are gay AF.

Brown for sure, good one. He wasn't here for very long. If he wasn't insane, he would have thrived with TB12

Former NFL star Antonio Brown confirms that he has filed for bankruptcy: 'I'm f---ed up'

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/former-nfl-star-antonio-brown-confirms-that-he-has-filed-for-bankruptcy-im-f-d-up/

On 8/27/2024 at 4:01 AM, listen2me 23 said:

Cowboys are goofs.  Now they will pay a QB who is proven to not be able to get it done.  They are running it back with less of a team than the one last year that got down 27-0 vs GB athome in thr WC round.  

Spin them wheels.  

Im not suggesting letting Ceedee walk.  But they should let Dak walk and try something different.  Paying a top WR means you arent starting over at QB anytime soon.  Running it back with the same guys for next several years.  With a lesser overall roster going forward.  

Your entire argument hinges on the bold.  If they end up paying Dak soon then you win, but, they don't have to as he is not holding out.  They have a ton of draft picks next year and I'm hoping it's a make or break for him.

26 minutes ago, JuneJuly said:

Your entire argument hinges on the bold.  If they end up paying Dak soon then you win, but, they don't have to as he is not holding out.  They have a ton of draft picks next year and I'm hoping it's a make or break for him.

Id of traded him and got something.  Theyve had years of evaluation.  You either say sure hes good enough.  Or you try to keep a good roster trade him and draft a QB. 

By quick googling they have 6 picks next year.  Maybe you are talking about comp picks.   But comp picks arent going to get you up 18 spots.  They would have to package future high picks.  

Like I have said, whats thr cut off?  If he looks good for 1 playoff game then loses in divisional round... is that good enough?  Whats good enough to keep him?   If you then deem him good enough, his price will only be higher the longer you wait.  They are really playing a wishy washy game by letting it go this long.  You either think hes good enough to pay or you dont.  Not sure what Jerrahs angle is here.    

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Id of traded him and got something.  Theyve had years of evaluation.  You either say sure hes good enough.  Or you try to keep a good roster trade him and draft a QB. 

By quick googling they have 6 picks next year.  Maybe you are talking about comp picks.   But comp picks arent going to get you up 18 spots.  They would have to package future high picks.  

Like I have said, whats thr cut off?  If he looks good for 1 playoff game then loses in divisional round... is that good enough?  Whats good enough to keep him?   If you then deem him good enough, his price will only be higher the longer you wait.  They are really playing a wishy washy game by letting it go this long.  You either think hes good enough to pay or you dont.  Not sure what Jerrahs angle is here.    

Yes a bunch of comp pics.  And I'm being more optimistic saying he has one last chance to take it to the next level and then you use all those pics to build around him for another 2-3 years run a the SB. And winning it all doesn't have to go through the QB.  There are plenty of average QBs that have won a SB.

That's what I'm thinking if I am Jerry.  But you're probably right and they'll get a deal done in the next couple of weeks. We'll see.  

3 hours ago, JuneJuly said:

Jerruh hasn't drafted a QB in the 1st round since Troy Aikman. Dude has no idea what he's doing.

Read a tweet that CD will make 5x more than the Packers WR room combined.