Sign in to follow this  
Meatscarf

6pt passing Td league .Does this affect how early you take a Qb?

Would Mahomes go in the 2nd ?? Or will that leave me thin elsewhere? I have 4th overall pick in 12 team full point ppr. Thanks

That scoring does not have an affect when I take a QB. Good luck.

I'll one up ya.... my big money league gives 6 pt passing Tds, 0.5 pt per completion, and bonus points for 300 passing yards.

Qb's tend to go slightly earlier than normal, but not extreme. Last year the first Qb taken was Mahomes early rd 2, because of what he did in '22.  But he stunk it up last year, so doubt that happens again. I'll be surprised if any Qbs get taken before round 3 this year.

Even in that scoring system my strategy is still to wait til rd 9. Goff, Cousins, Tua..... all of them should finish top 10. Just like Goff and Tua did last year.

It should not affect round taken. I think it makes Mahomes slightly more valuable compared to Josh Allen, Hurts, and Lamar Jackson since some of their touchdowns are rushing TDs so they lose that advantage of 6 pt rushing td vs 4 pt passing td.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I'll one up ya.... my big money league gives 6 pt passing Tds, 0.5 pt per completion, and bonus points for 300 passing yards.

Qb's tend to go slightly earlier than normal, but not extreme. Last year the first Qb taken was Mahomes early rd 2, because of what he did in '22.  But he stunk it up last year, so doubt that happens again. I'll be surprised if any Qbs get taken before round 3 this year.

Even in that scoring system my strategy is still to wait til rd 9. Goff, Cousins, Tua..... all of them should finish top 10. Just like Goff and Tua did last year.

I will one up that. I am playing in a 3 qb league this year. It is a qb/qb and qb/wr/te/rb flex but qbs score the most point so putting one in a flex is ideal. 2 of the teams went qb/qb qb with their first 3 picks and one of them took a qb with his first 5 picks. It was insane. In a 12 person league about a 3rd to a half did not pick up on what was going on and do not have a 2nd qb let alone a 3rd.  While one guy has 5. So he an either trade for players when these teams start to bleed points orrrrrr he can keep them all and make sure every week he can play 3 qbs even with injuries or byes 

I would think you could almost wait a little longer since rushing qbs lose some of there advantage. Qbs like Goff are a little more viable most week since they’ll get added 2 points which should boost his floor, negates the rushing td advantage and will make up for the lack of rushing yards.

• Like 1

Seven qbs threw more td passes then Mahomes, why take him in the second rd? A wise person with Faith would wait later into the draft and take a Qb that will threw right around the same total as Mahomes.  Thanks 

• Like 1

Doesn't affect anything. I'd rather grab the elite TE first. That's usually where you make up your points. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Daniels outscores Mahomes in Fantasy, in fact it's probable and you can grab him waaay later. 

• Like 1

I’d wait on QB. 2nd round is way too early for any QB.

2 hours ago, Maximum Overkill said:

Doesn't affect anything.

not entirely true.

in normal leagues where there are 4 Points for TD passes, the running QB have a distinct advantage because you get 6 points for rush TD.

so this would essentially put the running QB on even ground with the passing QB.      so those QB who throw a lot of TD passes should be taken earlier (likely a round or two but I admittedly have not crunched the numbers to figure out exactly how big a boost this should be to the ADP.  Especially in cases where the QB throws an awful lot of TD passes.

but the running QB shouldnt be affected as much.

in the end, it is worth noting that the QB who throws 40 TD Passes and runs for none will have their score for the year boosted by 80 points.    Thats a pretty significant number   and when dealing with those kind of numbers I cannot advise anyone in good conscience not to move QB up your board.   it has just become a more important position and if you have the best QB the advantage would be considerable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

not entirely true.

in normal leagues where there are 4 Points for TD passes, the running QB have a distinct advantage because you get 6 points for rush TD.

so this would essentially put the running QB on even ground with the passing QB.      so those QB who throw a lot of TD passes should be taken earlier (likely a round or two but I admittedly have not crunched the numbers to figure out exactly how big a boost this should be to the ADP.  Especially in cases where the QB throws an awful lot of TD passes.

in the end, it is worth noting that the QB who throws 40 TD Passes and runs for none will have their score for the year boosted by 80 points.    Thats a pretty significant number   and when dealing with those kind of numbers I cannot advise anyone in good conscience not to move QB up your board.   it has just become a more important position and if you have the best QB the advantage would be considerable.

Just based on td ff points, it would have been better to own Wilson over Mahomes last season, if both passing and rushing tds count 6 points.  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Just based on td ff points, it would have been better to own Wilson over Mahomes last season, if both passing and rushing tds count 6 points.  

yeah the person who came first to mind was Mahomes.  I think hes only a year or two removed from a 50 TD season

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

not entirely true.

Problem is , who is going to have the most passing tds? Mahomes was seventh last season. With zero rushing tds. , so I wouldn’t recommend a second rd pick for him.  

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

yeah the person who came first to mind was Mahomes.  I think hes only a year or two removed from a 50 TD season

He had 50 in 2018. 

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

He had 50 in 2018. 

was it that long ago?  I guess it was.

well either way, I wouldnt be surprised to see him with at least 40 this year given the better WR he now has to work with.   still, thats a significant bump fantasy wise.

the 2 point bump to the TD's will skew the scoring.  your QB ranks will be all different and you need to adjust to the new reality.  that's the bottom line.   and if the #1 QB scores 50 fantasy points more than anyone else, its hard not to want to take him early.

9 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

was it that long ago?  I guess it was.

well either way, I wouldnt be surprised to see him with at least 40 this year given the better WR he now has to work with.   still, thats a significant bump fantasy wise.

the 2 point bump to the TD's will skew the scoring.  your QB ranks will be all different and you need to adjust to the new reality.  that's the bottom line.   and if the #1 QB scores 50 fantasy points more than anyone else, its hard not to want to take him early.

Mahomes avg about two rushing tds per season, so 40 tds passing, and two rushing would give him 42 total tds.  

Last season Purdy 33 total tds, that’s a point difference off 54 points, that’s 3 points per game, Purdy can be had much much later than the second rd, and gladly for three points per game, in the mean time you draft rb/WRs.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kilroy69 said:

I will one up that. I am playing in a 3 qb league this year. It is a qb/qb and qb/wr/te/rb flex but qbs score the most point so putting one in a flex is ideal. 2 of the teams went qb/qb qb with their first 3 picks and one of them took a qb with his first 5 picks. It was insane. In a 12 person league about a 3rd to a half did not pick up on what was going on and do not have a 2nd qb let alone a 3rd.  While one guy has 5. So he an either trade for players when these teams start to bleed points orrrrrr he can keep them all and make sure every week he can play 3 qbs even with injuries or byes 

That's absolutely insane. Never heard of that system. I love it!

Greatly alters the draft strategy. I wouldn't know how to begin.

It’s important to note that players stats will vary from year to year.  There will be a waiver wire QB that outscores the first QB drafted in your league regardless of draft position.  This is why I’m waiting until November to draft my first QB.

9 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

That's absolutely insane. Never heard of that system. I love it!

Greatly alters the draft strategy. I wouldn't know how to begin.

To be fair I have never played in a league like this in the 20 plus years I have been playing.  I have done a lot of superflexes where it basically becomes a 2 qb league. A lot of others did not pick up on the value of qbs  It has been fun so far to see the carnage and the misunderstanding of their value.  There is a team that has 3 top flight wide receivers and bo nix as his ONLY starter. Which pushes him down into the 120s in a league projecting to be in the 150s plus for average scoring each week. He then tried to trade himself out of it by offering 2 bench players for a starting Qb based on "percentage owned" it was a fair trade as both the WR were owned in the 70s/80s while the lowly qb was only owned in half the leagues. One of the owners asked if we could force the qb heavy team to return qbs to the waiver wire because I shitt you not "that guy is trying to stop other players from winning" direct quote. Hahahaaha 

I took 3 qbs in the first 3 rounds and I am rostering flacco and spencer rattler just in case. 

1 hour ago, kilroy69 said:

To be fair I have never played in a league like this in the 20 plus years I have been playing.  I have done a lot of superflexes where it basically becomes a 2 qb league. A lot of others did not pick up on the value of qbs  It has been fun so far to see the carnage and the misunderstanding of their value.  There is a team that has 3 top flight wide receivers and bo nix as his ONLY starter. Which pushes him down into the 120s in a league projecting to be in the 150s plus for average scoring each week. He then tried to trade himself out of it by offering 2 bench players for a starting Qb based on "percentage owned" it was a fair trade as both the WR were owned in the 70s/80s while the lowly qb was only owned in half the leagues. One of the owners asked if we could force the qb heavy team to return qbs to the waiver wire because I shitt you not "that guy is trying to stop other players from winning" direct quote. Hahahaaha 

I took 3 qbs in the first 3 rounds and I am rostering flacco and spencer rattler just in case. 

that's the thing.   #1 rule of fantasy football is know the rules but that also means know the repercussions of the rules and how that should affect your draft list.   the minute I saw you could superflex more than one QB slot, I knew immediately I'd be going QB-QB-QB in that format, but someone who had never done superflex would be naive to that.

They will be learning the hard way.

20 hours ago, Ray_T said:

not entirely true.

You can use the Big Boards, Consistency Calculator and other projection tools here to see how the scoring will affect your decision making. Additional QB points makes having an elite QB a little more valuable. If in a 12 team league look at the delta between 1 and 12 and then compare it to that at wr3 or TE

Every league I've ever been in QBs go way early.  This year in a league, 5 QBs went by round 4.  Guys were taking backups by round 8.  

And yes, while everyone will say, and rightfully so, 'how can I get in this league?!!, it's frustrating when you wait and get left with Daniels, Love, etc, cause Dak goes in the 7th round to the guy that already has Mahomes.  

10 minutes ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

Every league I've ever been in QBs go way early.  This year in a league, 5 QBs went by round 4.  Guys were taking backups by round 8.  

And yes, while everyone will say, and rightfully so, 'how can I get in this league?!!, it's frustrating when you wait and get left with Daniels, Love, etc, cause Dak goes in the 7th round to the guy that already has Mahomes.  

Jordan Love is one of the best QBs in the  NFL and in fantasy.

8 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Jordan Love is one of the best QBs in the  NFL and in fantasy.

I don't disagree, but unfortunately I didn't get him either

Didn’t affect were I draft qbs, took Mayfield in the double digit rounds, thank you Jesus 

D Watson of the Browns, another lawsuit, oh the Browns are so happy.