Sign in to follow this  
rowdystylz1

Ja’Marr Chase?

Draft on Wednesday and im potentially staring at Chase in the 8 slot?  Too much risk?  Rusty game 1 if he does sign?  Not liking it really and will more than likely pivot to Garret Wilson (if nobody in my top 8 slips).  Just wanna check consensus out there. 12 teams PPR fwiw

He's Burrow's boy. No way they don't sign him to a huge contract extension. I'm taking him if I miss out on CeeDee. Tough choice is between Justin Jefferson and Chase though.

• Thanks 1

No risk, but my ranking is: Hill, JJ, Lamb, Chase, Wilson, St. Brown....

I'm contrarian, but not just for the sake of it.

• Thanks 1

If Chase is available at #8 , only a non believer will pass on that value, a person of Wisdom and Faith would take Chase.  Thanks 

• Thanks 1

I’m in a 12 man keeper league and somehow he fell to me at 12. There was no way I wasn’t taking him. You could have told me he was gonna sit the first 4 weeks and I still would have taken him. 

• Thanks 1

I took him but definitely worried. 

qb Love 

Rb Walker, Kamara

Wr Chase, Nakua

TE McBride 

Flex Rice

Bench Qb Lawrence, Rb Zeke, Rb Bucky, Rb Mason, Rb Brooks, WR Hopkins

Team isn’t great but it’s decent, I am happy with Walker, Nakua, McBride and Rice but haven’t been keen on Kamara or Love. 

Have my more expensive leagues yet to draft, if he falls to me at 12 in my highest cost league I’ll be in again. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

qb Love 

Rb Walker, Kamara

Wr Chase, Nakua

TE McBride 

Flex Rice

Team isn’t great but it’s decent, I am happy with Walker, Nakua, McBride and Rice but haven’t been keen on Kamara or Love. 

Have my more expensive leagues yet to draft, if he falls to me at 12 in my highest cost league I’ll be in again. 

Good job. Very good team.

• Thanks 1

honestly I have no concerns about chase at all.  its that leaky line and the injury status of Burrow.

it sounds like they made some moves in the off season to address this but I dont know if they went far enough.    we will see.   but if the line holds, and he and his QB are healthy all year, the sky is the limit here.

• Thanks 1

Chase will be playing week one.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

qb Love 

Rb Walker, Kamara

Wr Chase, Nakua

TE McBride 

Flex Rice

I would be ecstatic with a trio of Chase, Puka, and KW3

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

qb Love 

Rb Walker, Kamara

Wr Chase, Nakua

TE McBride 

Flex Rice

Walker - great pick. Can't go wrong with Chase/Nakua.  Top 10ers.

:pointstosky:

Everyone else on the planet loves McBride... I'm luke warm. What do I know.

Old man Kamara. He'll be fine so long as they keep checking down to him. Though that strategy got the last coordinator fired. Might think about picking up Miller before he's back Week 5.  Kamara isn't the most durable anymore and ya never know how that situation plays out.

• Like 1

Chasing miller is like a dog chasing its own tail, never going to catch it,  I would let that go.  

Kamara can post rb2 ff points in a ppr. 

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Old man Kamara. He'll be fine so long as they keep checking down to him. Though that strategy got the last coordinator fired. Might think about picking up Miller before he's back Week 5.  Kamara isn't the most durable anymore and ya never know how that situation plays out.

Kamara looked cooked last year, was sniped on my favored pick Mostert. I ended up leaving Miller on the waiver only because my single IR slot is taken by Brooks. Otherwise, I think that's a good use of a free IR slot. 

As for McBride I am a believer, I owned him last year when he was TE3 after Ertz went down. 

46 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

As for McBride I am a believer, I owned him last year when he was TE3 after Ertz went down. 

Just wonder how much of that Te 3 was due to injuries of Hollywood, Wilson, Ertz, Conner all of whom missed a few games during McBride's second half romp.

McBride was barely used his rookie year and even with last year's 2nd half performance he finished Te 8. Now he's being drafted at Te 3. Not a lot of value there. Also concerning that Murray isn't exactly a prolific passer - five years in the league and never had 4,000 yds, which kind of sad in the modern NFL. Finally, the Cardinals are expected to be a bottom dweller this year... might mean some garbage points, but also might mean fewer possessions and lower overall scoring. Te 3 just feels like it's really pushing it.

We shall see... I was wrong once before.

Kamara looked far from cooked last season, 4 best in ppr  avg per game.  

1 minute ago, weepaws said:

Kamara looked far from cooked last season, 4 best in ppr avg per game.  

180 carries last season... none broke 20 yds. Only two other Rbs didn't break 20 yards at least once with 75+ carries: Hunt and J. Williams, both with much fewer carries.

Longest run over the past three seasons (643 carries later)... 30 yds back in 2021. Ypc the past three years: 3.7, 4.0, 3.9. Last year Kamara had 12 runs inside the five, scored just 3 times. Metrics like juke rate, evaded tackles, breakaway rate, yds per touch, etc. near bottom of the league in almost every category. Caught 75 receptions which is how he finished Rb 9 last year (wk 1-17) despite missing 3 games, but his yards per rec dropped to a career low - 6.2.

Kamara isn't "cooked", he's burnt toast. And now he's 29 yo. Clearly, the receptions are his saving grace. But I wonder if the new coordinator is gonna keep feeding him so much volume, especially once Miller gets healthy.  We shall see...

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

180 carries last season... none broke 20 yds. Only two other Rbs didn't break 20 yards at least once with 75+ carries: Hunt and J. Williams, both with much fewer carries.

Longest run over the past three seasons (643 carries later)... 30 yds back in 2021. Ypc the past three years: 3.7, 4.0, 3.9. Last year Kamara had 12 runs inside the five, scored just 3 times. Metrics like juke rate, evaded tackles, breakaway rate, yds per touch, etc. near bottom of the league in almost every category. Caught 75 receptions which is how he finished Rb 9 last year (wk 1-17) despite missing 3 games, but his yards per rec dropped to a career low - 6.2.

Kamara isn't "cooked", he's burnt toast. And now he's 29 yo. Clearly, the receptions are his saving grace. But I wonder if the new coordinator is gonna keep feeding him so much volume, especially once Miller gets healthy.  We shall see...

Would like to say thank you. You have been a blessing to this board once again, and I appreciate your insight, and the posting of these stats.  

Those three seasons you just posted about Kamara, all true, but even so, in ppr in 2021 rb1,2022 rb2, 2023 rb 1, and in 2022 he was a rb1 based on avg,.  Miller hadn’t produced anything yet, and has been called out by his coach a few times this past summer, and no positive news about J Williams, only news I read about Williams was he looked slow.  

I don’t see any reason why Kamara won’t produce rb 2 ppr ff points this season, His OC doesn’t seem to have much choice but to use him, I wouldn’t be concern with a volume drop of if you do own him.  I do not.  

Thanks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Those three seasons you just posted about Kamara, all true, but even so, in ppr in 2021 rb1,2022 rb2, 2023 rb 1,

Yeah, I can't tell anyone who drafts Kamara in the 4th "that's a bad pick"...  look at where he keeps finishing! It's incredible. I'm astonished he's still getting that much volume, but he is, or at least he was. We'll see if that continues under the new coordinator. It'll definitely continue for at least the first 4 weeks while Miller is out. After that, I wonder.

23 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I like McBride. I just traded him in my dynasty though for Pacheco and a 2nd round rookie draft pick next year. I am desperate for RBs in that league and I already have LaPorta, so what the heck...:dunno:

22 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I drafted Chase.

I took him in Round 2. 12th overall. I may end up kicking myself but the idea of starting a PPR team with AJ Brown and Chase at WR was too enticing.

I took him at 1.06 2 weeks ago.  Debated between him and Jefferson.  Kicking myself in the balls now.

5 minutes ago, MDC said:

I took him in Round 2. 12th overall. I may end up kicking myself but the idea of starting a PPR team with AJ Brown and Chase at WR was too enticing.

Rd 2 wow,  that’s a great rd two pick. 

I traded my 4.04 pick for Chase and his pick 5.05 in my keeper league a month ago. Could have had JJ for a 3/4 swap so felt this was a better deal. Time will tell I guess.

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Rd 2 wow,  that’s a great rd two pick. 

I passed on Puka and Gibbs, so it better be. Either my WR corps is killer or my team absolutely sucks.

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I passed on Puka and Gibbs, so it better be. Either my WR corps is killer or my team absolutely sucks.

Congrats, you made the right picks imo.