Sign in to follow this  
Geddy11

Taysom Hill controversy

Had a draft last weekend on CBS.  An owner picked Taysom Hill to use as a flex player in like the 7th round.  He was listed as a qb at the time of the draft but cbs switched him to TE a couple days ago.  The owner dropped him thinking he was ranked as a QB thinking he would not be able to use him.  The next day cbs made him a TE.  Should the commission of the league give Hill back to the owner that drafted him?   He was picked up through waivers by another owner.  Thoughts??

1 hour ago, Geddy11 said:

Had a draft last weekend on CBS.  An owner picked Taysom Hill to use as a flex player in like the 7th round.  He was listed as a qb at the time of the draft but cbs switched him to TE a couple days ago.  The owner dropped him thinking he was ranked as a QB thinking he would not be able to use him.  The next day cbs made him a TE.  Should the commission of the league give Hill back to the owner that drafted him?   He was picked up through waivers by another owner.  Thoughts??

The original drafter drafted Hill while he was listed as a Qb? Then that owner dropped Hill, who the owner had drafted while listed as a Qb. 

That owner thought they couldn’t use Hill has a flex player because when that owner drafted Hill as a Qb, realized that they couldn’t use a Qb in the flex slot, after that owner had already drafted Hill as a Qb, let’s him go, now Hill is listed as a te, and that owner now wants Hill, who was picked up by another owner.  

If that’s the case, no the first owner knew he had drafted Hill as a Qb.  I’m not voting to return him.  Second owner keeps. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, josh wiley said:

Yes give him back to whoever drafted him

I agree with this.

3 hours ago, Geddy11 said:

I brought this up last year or the year previous. We decided before the draft in our league what he would be designated as. That was that. 

CBS sucks for doing that. Nothing about Hill has changed and they change his position after draft season? Switch platforms and give the guy Hill back.

Leave it alone.  Assure the first owner he’ll be able to pick Hill back up in a week or two when the second owner drops him.

He drafted him with a QB designation, seems like a draft error by the owner. No need to do anything

So, the guy drafted Hill not knowing either that Hill was listed as a QB, or that your rules don't allow a QB flex. Either way, I leave the situation as is.

Btw, Hill in the 7th round? I drafted him at 15.10 as my backup TE in a 10 teamer, and I'm pretty sure he would've gone undrafted had I not taken him

First off, why the hell did CBS have Hill listed as a QB? Hasn't he been listed as a TE on most platforms for a few years now? I use ESPN, Yahoo, Sleeper and MFL.  All TE designations. Interesting....

As for the situation, all depends how cutthroat your league wants to be. I would agree that this owner either A. drafted him thinking he was a TE  or  B. Knew he was a QB and thought he could flex a QB. 

Option A seems more likely because if you could flex a QB, there are about 30 other QBs I would flex before Hill. 

Were you drafting in person? or using an online CBS draft where the owner would clearly see Hill's designation?  I think that is important info because if you were drafting live, with any form of draft board that didn't say Taysom Hill, QB, New Orleans.... then I really can't fault him for not knowing CBS's odd designation. One of my league drafts in person using some 3rd party draft board with stickers. So if we used CBS as our platform, whoever drafted Taysom Hill would have been using a draft sticker that said Tight End on it. 

^
if any of the above applied to your draft , I would return Hill to him.  

If you were drafting using CBS software, where it clearly showed Hill as a QB at the time of the draft, then I would leave things as is. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

First off, why the hell did CBS have Hill listed as a QB? Hasn't he been listed as a TE on most platforms for a few years now? I use ESPN, Yahoo, Sleeper and MFL.  All TE designations. Interesting....

As for the situation, all depends how cutthroat your league wants to be. I would agree that this owner either A. drafted him thinking he was a TE  or  B. Knew he was a QB and thought he could flex a QB. 

Option A seems more likely because if you could flex a QB, there are about 30 other QBs I would flex before Hill. 

Were you drafting in person? or using an online CBS draft where the owner would clearly see Hill's designation?  I think that is important info because if you were drafting live, with any form of draft board that didn't say Taysom Hill, QB, New Orleans.... then I really can't fault him for not knowing CBS's odd designation. One of my league drafts in person using some 3rd party draft board with stickers. So if we used CBS as our platform, whoever drafted Taysom Hill would have been using a draft sticker that said Tight End on it. 

^
if any of the above applied to your draft , I would return Hill to him.  

If you were drafting using CBS software, where it clearly showed Hill as a QB at the time of the draft, then I would leave things as is. 

It wasn't CBS, It was the Saints, Saints switched him from QB to TE on their Official Roster.

We have a subtle rule that avoids this situation, You go into Week 1 with the Team you drafted Labor Day,, Pickups are After Week 1.

How cutthroat is the league and what’s the buy foundational questions.

I have bean counters in my auction league who laboriously recalculate our ‘cap hits’ for cut players before, during and after the auction (except their own of course). They get no mercy. But in a family and friend league - I’d cut slack. Maybe also make the Hill owner send a few ww $ over.

All the rosters that I look at, I never saw Hill listed at Qb.  Always saw him listed has a te.  

Still listed as both QB-TE on Yahoo. That the right decision Imho. Everyone knows he's played at both positions over the years. If someone wants to take a chance on drafting him and being rewarded or punished, that's up to them. I say the blame belongs on CBS.  

As for who is the rightful owner, if it happened in my league, I'd open it up to a vote. 

I did a lot of mock drafts, never saw Hill listed at Qb.  And places like footballguys have him listed at te.  I think the owner blew it, and it’s a done deal.  The second owner gets to keep him. Good move. 

I saw Hill on a few sites as qb only and thought wtf? He probably should have his own category! 👍

Probably so.  

His category is most added and dropped player every season since he’ll have big weeks followed by multiple weeks of nothing. 

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

His category is most added and dropped player every season since he’ll have big weeks followed by multiple weeks of nothing. 

Sounds like my ff teams. 

For what it’s worth, he was definitely listed as just a QB on CBS a week ago.  Now he has QB/TE available.  I’m of the belief that if he dropped him, then he dropped him, that’s it

On 9/6/2024 at 5:00 PM, Geddy11 said:

yeah, having him ranked as a QB and then suddenly switching to TE screws over the guy who just dropped him for fear hes not a useful QB.   its essentially a mid season rule change.  given that it happened the day after he dropped the player I'd give him 24 hours to decide if he wants him back.     if he rejects, then he goes to waivers or free agency or whatever happens in your league.

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

I did a lot of mock drafts, never saw Hill listed at Qb.  And places like footballguys have him listed at te.  I think the owner blew it, and it’s a done deal.  The second owner gets to keep him. Good move. 

Myfantasyleagues had him as QB and still have him as QB.

Taysom will have one of his 2 yearly huge games today and this will get even funnier!  Can’t wait to check back after he blows up this afternoon.

On 9/6/2024 at 7:00 PM, Geddy11 said:

If the draft was offline, I'm ok with giving Hill back.  If it was online, nope.  Either way though, I'd have no problem leaving things the way they are.  The owner dropped the player, so live with it.

What happen!