The Real timschochet

VP Debate: Vance vs Walz

I do think that this debate was very much a breath of fresh air (at least until Vance's refusal) in regards to civility and restraint.  Both guys repeatedly acknowledged that the other one had, in their own way, the best interests of the country at hand.  Lot different than the debates of the past 8 years.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zsasz said:

Vance was winning the debate until he said he wouldn't accept election results. If you're going to boil this election down to one issue...it's not economy or immigration.  It's the idea that a large political movement in this country balks with the idea of accepting the tried and true mechanisms of political victory and succession. Trump and Vance had the chance to say that they're willing to utilize all the measures and safeguards at their disposal within the system to make sure the political process works....but once those are exhausted, they will accept the results and move on. They refuse to.

Tried and true?  2020 aside, let’s start with cleaning up voter rolls and Dems attempts to prevent it.  Dems want disarray, it’s easier to manipulate the system.  

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Tried and true?  2020 aside, let’s start with cleaning up voter rolls and Dems attempts to prevent it.  Dems want disarray, it’s easier to manipulate the system.  

That was the best Pedo Beatdown since Rittenhouse blew the Pedo's hand off. 

• Like 1

Walz is a knucklehead

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Walz is a knucklehead

Can you imagine DEI KAMALA and this ass clown running the Country?? 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Most people think it was a draw, as I predicted. 

😂 

Only watched 15 minutes when Walz was talking about women's rights and abortions.

Did Walz talk about protecting women's rights in sports competing against bio-men?

8 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Only watched 15 minutes when Walz was talking about women's rights and abortions.

Did Walz talk about protecting women's rights in sports competing against bio-men?

No. The democrats and their leftist media don’t want to bring up the tranny stuff around election time. It’s a big loser at the polls. They’ll get back to it once the election is over, further confirming just how craven the left is. 

Reading the liberal’s mental gymnastics to convince themselves it was a draw is hilarious. Also, convincing themselves no undecided voter would watch… those are the people who should be watching. 😆 

11 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Abortion rights is going to impact a lot more people than trannies in women’s sports.  

Even though it didn’t come up last night due to the moderators (instigators) being instructed by the DNC and Clooney not to bring it up, I just want to remind everyone that Harris/ Walz support sex change operations for illegals, prisoners and most disturbing,  children at taxpayer expense.  They also support parents not being informed of a child’s decision to change their gender.  

I think Walz started slow, and had perhaps one significant stumble during, but as it unfolded he relaxed and improved.

Vance came out a bit stronger, had a few odd responses during. 

I liked it that this debate had an air of maturity to it, there were instances of respect between the two that I liked, and they generally did a good job focusing on things that matter; with Walz doing a little more straying into the irrelevant nonsense. 

Most accounts online seem to indicate it was essentially a tie with Vance maybe ever so slightly ahead. It is nice to read that the debate was civil throughout. Need more of that going forward. 

Seems like good and bad moments for each but essentially saying similar things while agreeing with each other at times. 

Obama needed a dumber person than him for VP. Biden needed a dumber person than him for VP. Harris needs a dumber person than her for VP. 

Looks like it was that time of the month for Tim as the tampon finished the night bloody.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Most people think it was a draw, as I predicted. 

No they don't.  You're an idiot troller.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

What did Walz think he would gain lying about Tiananmen Square? 

That was a screw up, not a lie. A lie is deliberate, like when Trump accused Biden of not calling the governors after the hurricane. HTH. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, MDC said:

Abortion rights is going to impact a lot more people than trannies in women’s sports.  

I agree, but women's rights extend to all women.  I have daughters and don`t want them competing against men in sports.  Or any females competing against men in physical events.

Post debate polls are showing that both VP candidates improved their “unfavorable” rating and both were viewed as reasonable.

Trump still ducking another debate so this was it.

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt said:

I agree, but women's rights extend to all women.  I have daughters and don`t want them competing against men in sports.  Or any females competing against men in physical events.

I agree. Just saying, you’d expect abortion to come up in a debate, vs. a super niche issue like trannies in women’s sports. 

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

I agree. Just saying, you’d expect abortion to come up in a debate, vs. a super niche issue like trannies in women’s sports. 

Ukraine (a pretty major issue) didn’t even come up, and these guys are complaining that trannies didn’t come up? They’re so obsessed. If you only got your news from the Geek Club you would think that transgenders is the number one most pressing issue facing this country. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Ukraine (a pretty major issue) didn’t even come up, and these guys are complaining that trannies didn’t come up? They’re so obsessed. If you only got your news from the Geek Club you would think that transgenders is the number one most pressing issue facing this country. 

It is the #1 issue on some Geek minds. 🌈 🚀 

Some interesting stuff in the article on Politico related to the Politico/FocalDATA snap poll after the VP debate:

A largely civil exchange that was short on breakout viral moments, the debate left watchers mostly retreating to their partisan corners. The survey found that party identification strongly shaped the perceptions of people who watched the debate: Democrats overwhelmingly sided with Walz, while Republicans picked Vance as the winner.

But Walz had a commanding advantage with independents, 58 percent of whom sided with the Minnesota governor while 42 percent gave Vance the edge.

Walz’s strongest ratings came from younger people, particularly those ages 25-34, those with college degrees, and Black and Latino respondents — all key components of the Democratic coalition that powered President Joe Biden’s victory over Donald Trump in 2020.

Vance, meanwhile, performed best with people over the age of 55, white voters and those without a college degree.

Both men and women were evenly split 50-50 on choosing a debate winner, bucking the widening gender gap present in recent presidential polls.

Respondents were similarly divided on which contender would be a better vice president, with an equal 47-47 split between Vance and Walz, with 7 percent unsure.

Walz again had the advantage among independents, with 44 percent preferring him as vice president versus 36 percent choosing Vance.

But Democrats shouldn’t get too giddy about his performance with this coveted demographic: Independent voters were also far more likely to say they didn’t tune in to the debate.

The 90-minute debate may be a boon to Vance in another way — helping cut into his historically high negatives for a vice-presidential pick.

The POLITICO/Focaldata poll surveyed both people who did and did not watch the debate. Among those who did, 51 percent said Vance would be ready to serve as president if Trump was unable to complete his term, while 38 percent said he was not ready. That marked a notable improvement over those who didn’t see the debate — just 34 percent of those respondents thought Vance could step in as president, while 43 percent did not.

The debate also burnished perceptions of Walz’s readiness for office, albeit not as dramatically. Respondents who watched it said by a 48-42 margin that he would be ready to serve as president if Harris could not complete her term. Among those who didn’t watch, only 36 percent thought Walz would be ready to be commander in chief, while 41 percent said he was not.

The POLITICO/Focaldata poll surveyed 902 adults, with a likely voter weighted sample of 525. The margin of error was plus or minus 3.3 percent.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

It is the #1 issue on some Geek minds. 🌈 🚀 

There is something psychological there with how fixated they are on it. 

Also, I'm sure their browser histories are a wasteland

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Trannies in sports was a used as gateway drug

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

And when Biden lost MSNBC admitted it. Those two results were obvious. The point is this one wasn’t. 

Even Joy Reid said it was a debacle for Biden. 

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Some interesting stuff in the article on Politico related to the Politico/FocalDATA snap poll after the VP debate:

Walz’s strongest ratings came from younger people, particularly those ages 25-34, those with college degrees

Vance, meanwhile, performed best with people over the age of 55, white voters and those without a college degree.

Seems to coincide with Vance's insistence that we need to stop listening to self proclaimed "experts," who think they know better but are often wrong, and get back to using common sense to solve problems. 

2 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Seems to coincide with Vance's insistence that we need to stop listening to self proclaimed "experts," who think they know better but are often wrong, and get back to using common sense to solve problems. 

That is a very generic cliche that doesn’t really mean anything. Been said a million times by a million people.

As genetic as saying “I want to talk about the future” when questioned about something you are embarrassed about or can’t answer.

1 minute ago, 5-Points said:

It’s an old homily that people love to hear, particularly those who most fearful about a changing world. But it’s usually wrong. You can’t solve a calculus equation if all you know is arithmetic. Most of the issues we face are far more complicated than “common sense”. 

15 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

IMO the self-proclaimed experts are those that refuse to listen to the credentialled experts. Common sense solutions are great if you're trying to figure out a more efficient way to clean something, or move crap from one place to another. They are less helpful when dealing with huge, complex issues like supply chain disruptions or the ME erupting into an inferno of missile exchanges.

I have not watched the debate yet, nor I have a read one single post in this thread.

Let me guess.  left say Walz won and right say Vance won.

How did I do?