Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

DeAndre Hopkins to the Chiefs

Sounds like it's a done deal

For a 5th round pick

Rice and (for one week) Ju Ju delivered excellent FF value for this run-heavy team by getting those short to medium passes. They did and DeHop can do it too. Will he be getting bombs downfield? Nope. But could he catch 6-8 passes a week for 60-80 yards and maybe a TD here and there? Yep!

So, in PPR scoring, that's 12-16 points per week with the possible of a TD. 

Yeah! That's doesn't matter much.

🙄

48 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

What do you all think his value is rest of the way?  WR3, WR2?

I think obviously his days of being a week in week out set in and lock in your line up is are long gone.

However, I think he still has a lot of week to week upside on KC.

He's a seasoned vet who was once great, and he has the best QB and coaching staff in the NFL.

They should be able to find some match ups to exploit along the way. He could have some monster games, but probably not much consistency beyond a flex play.

55 minutes ago, Chickie said:

On a semi related note, does Ridley’s value increase now as the unambiguous #1 with Rudolph slinging?

That's what I was wondering too. Any thoughts because he hasn't really produced yet. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, gridirongoofs said:

That's what I was wondering too. Any thoughts because he hasn't really produced yet. 

I'm not sure it matters.  I dont think his QB (whoever that may be now in Tennessee) can get him the ball.

if desperate, I'd roll the dice, but otherwise I'd avoid if I can.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'm not sure it matters.  I dont think his QB (whoever that may be now in Tennessee) can get him the ball.

if desperate, I'd roll the dice, but otherwise I'd avoid if I can.

Yeah. I going to leave him on waivers and I drafted him 😂

Ridley is boring.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chickie said:

On a semi related note, does Ridley’s value increase now as the unambiguous #1 with Rudolph slinging?

Sure, his value increases. He goes from a drop or unplayable, to a matchup-based flex play. The first two games of the season D-Hop barely played, and Ridley was viable...

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, HTH said:

How does this affect Kelce?

:unsure:

likely not much at all.

the type of route Kelce runs is different from the type of route Hopkins runs.     I suppose if Hopkins is getting open every time then he will hog some targets, but at his age I dont know that that is likely.   hes still good, but no longer elite.   Hopkins will be a very good red zone target.  he will just run to the corner of the end zone and Mahomes will toss it and he will just out jump whoever is covering him.   so it may hurt Kelce a bit that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drogon said:

I think this speaks to JuJu maybe being out longer than a couple weeks/maybe going on IR.

I have a sense this is very accurate

• Like 1

I don't need Dhop to be prime Dhop.  I just need Dhop to be 2nd year Rashee Rice.  All I'm looking for.  

This is a very positive move for KC, Hopkins, And ff owners of Hopkins 

3 hours ago, Drogon said:

This is where it will hurt Kelce the most.

as a Taylor Kelce owner I would like to know how? He has to catch a TD for it to hurt him and so far this season he has how many?

1 hour ago, Super Cubs said:

as a Taylor Kelce owner I would like to know how? He has to catch a TD for it to hurt him and so far this season he has how many?

For example, there will be less red-zone plays specifically designed for Kelce (like that patented shovel-pass that already hasn't worked this year).  Look, I have Kelce too and I have mixed feelings about DHop coming to KC.  Dhop will take the Rice role and there was a lot of intermediate plays to Rice across the middle that is usually Kelce's area.  if I'm being honest, I'm more concerned about Noah Gray getting more involved recently/taking targets away from Kelce than DHop (at this point anyway).

3 hours ago, Gepetto said:

D Hopkins will open up the middle of the field for Kelce.

Mmm maybe,  the three games with Rice, Kelce had 12 targets 8 rec 69 yards 0 yds.  

Three games without Rice,  24/20/176/0.  

Once Hopkins and Mahomes start to click, I think Kelce will open things up for Hopkins.  But maybe.  

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Mmm maybe,  the three games with Rice, Kelce had 12 targets 8 rec 69 yards 0 yds.  

Three games without Rice,  24/20/176/0.  

Once Hopkins and Mahomes start to click, I think Kelce will open things up for Hopkins.  But maybe.  

JuJu Smith-Schuster, when he's back, will run the underneath routes that Rashee Rice ran. At that point D Hopkins will stay outside (he might do this even without JuJu) and run deep routes opening up the middle of the field for the underneath receivers including Kelce.

8 hours ago, krizay said:

I don't need Dhop to be prime Dhop.  I just need Dhop to be 2nd year Rashee Rice.  All I'm looking for.  

That's pretty lofty expectations.

Rashee Rice was off to a great start

I’ve got DHop rostered in 2 leagues.

I’m not expecting numbers from 5-10 years ago, but if he can catch 4-5 a game, for 50-60 yards, and end up with 5 TD’s I’d consider that a win.  Decent stats for a flex  play or bye week fill in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, makindollaz said:

I’ve got DHop rostered in 2 leagues.

I’m not expecting numbers from 5-10 years ago, but if he can catch 4-5 a game, for 50-60 yards, and end up with 5 TD’s I’d consider that a win.  Decent stats for a flex  play or bye week fill in.

he will do at least that.   I like the floor with Mahomes throwing the ball.   what I dont like is his health this year.   its been sketchy at best

On 10/23/2024 at 7:47 AM, Chickie said:

I’ll avoid Ridley like the plague for the rest of his career after his mental health season & suspension. He simply isn’t the same player he was in his first 2 seasons. I actually added Boyd to the end of my bench to see what happens. As far as Hopkins goes, he’ll have more 3-37 games than he will 7-100-1 games, so temper expectations 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LVSaint429 said:

I’ll avoid Ridley like the plague for the rest of his career after his mental health season & suspension. He simply isn’t the same player he was in his first 2 seasons. I actually added Boyd to the end of my bench to see what happens. As far as Hopkins goes, he’ll have more 3-37 games than he will 7-100-1 games, so temper expectations 🤷🏻‍♂️

I agree. I don’t get the hype here. It’s an old receiver on a run first team. The chiefs just needed a cheap healthy body.

On 10/23/2024 at 7:46 AM, RedzoneMonster said:

What do you all think his value is rest of the way?  WR3, WR2?

I think he'll be a good JuJu replacement, so mid WR3. But more importantly I think it opens things up for Worthy now to move to a lower WR2 hopefully.

Unrelated but I'm still trying to figure out WTH went wrong with Skyy Moore. He's still on the team, gets like 5% of snaps but rarely a target or touch. Wasn't he going to be Rashee Rice before Rashee Rice?

11 minutes ago, rotisserieking said:

I think he'll be a good JuJu replacement, so mid WR3. But more importantly I think it opens things up for Worthy now to move to a lower WR2 hopefully.

Unrelated but I'm still trying to figure out WTH went wrong with Skyy Moore. He's still on the team, gets like 5% of snaps but rarely a target or touch. Wasn't he going to be Rashee Rice before Rashee Rice?

Put on IR today.

13 minutes ago, rotisserieking said:

He kind of sucks.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rotisserieking said:

I think he'll be a good JuJu replacement, so mid WR3

yeah thats how I'm treating him too.   there is probably considerable upside with Mahomes tossing him the ball.   How much upside is difficult to figure, but what I really like is his leaping ability to high point the ball.    if Mahomes can throw to the right spot where he can do this, it doesnt matter if hes open or not.  he will just out jump the defender to get the ball.   You cant really defend against that if Mahomes is that Precise.    and I do think Mahomes has that ability.  but it may take a game or two for him to find his range and timing with DHop.

I think he ends up being a fantastic red zone guy for the team.  which could bump him into WR2 territory.   possibly even low end WR1 if everything goes right (though I dont know that that will actually happen)

but hes a guy who you likely wanna start once hes got enough time to get on the same page as the rest of the offense.

9 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

He kind of sucks.

Or maybe this:

Lets get to the meat and potatoes.. are we starting D-Hop vs LV this weekend?  Are we expecting a competitive game and do we expect a limited snap count game 1?  KC doesnt exactly blow teams out regardless of matchup, ever.  

That would depend on ones roster, do you need to start Hopkins? 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

That would depend on ones roster, do you need to start Hopkins? 

Yep makes sense. I roster him in a couple leagues so didnt want to deep dive too much into my rosters but basically outside the top 15 Wrs this week (around the A.Coop, G.Wilson range) is he a guy that you are looking to force into lineups?