Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Gotta admit, really unique way to die in a pool

Kentucky state Sen. Johnnie Turner, known for his staunch support for the coal industry and other causes in his Appalachian district, has died after being injured at home last month when he plunged into an empty swimming pool while aboard a lawn mower. He was 76.

I saw that but I didn't see any reason why he did that.  Just a complete breakdown and history of his political career, which I couldn't care less about.

I just wanna know how or why he jumped in an empty pool

Just now, wiffleball said:

Kentucky state Sen. Johnnie Turner, known for his staunch support for the coal industry and other causes in his Appalachian district, has died after being injured at home last month when he plunged into an empty swimming pool while aboard a lawn mower. He was 76.

I thought there were laws requiring fences around pools so children don't drown.  But apparently we need them so old men don't drive their John Deere into a empty pool too.

• Haha 1

A guy I know from High School dove head first into the shallow end of a pool in Mexico.  He broke his neck, luckily his friend jumped in and pulled him out.  But to this day (15 years later) he is paralyzed from the waist down and in a wheel chair.

5 hours ago, purdygood said:

A guy I know from High School dove head first into the shallow end of a pool in Mexico.  He broke his neck, luckily his friend jumped in and pulled him out.  But to this day (15 years later) he is paralyzed from the waist down and in a wheel chair.

Same thing happened to Charles Krauthammer